Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-27-20, 02:47 PM  
Gams

Kelly Coffey Meyer ?

Does anyone know how old Kelly is? I’m only asking because There was a move in one of her workouts today that I struggled with, but Kelly did with apparent ease, so I’m hoping she’s 1,000 years younger than I am and then I wouldn’t feel so bad.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-20, 03:37 PM  
Demeris

According to THIS, she's 57
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-20, 07:03 PM  
BunnyHop

Yep. She's just my age. Sigh.
Old 07-27-20, 08:05 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Does anyone know how old Kelly is? I’m only asking because There was a move in one of her workouts today that I struggled with, but Kelly did with apparent ease, so I’m hoping she’s 1,000 years younger than I am and then I wouldn’t feel so bad.
what move was it?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 07:57 AM  
Gams

It’s toward the end of workout 2 on the Trim Down DVD. She’s in a split stance and lowers down until she’s kneeling on her back knee and then rises up and repeats several times. I can do the move but not real well and not nearly as quickly as she does. In my defense, I do have one bad knee (it’s been broken twice), but I think my main problem is that my legs aren’t as strong as I thought. When I thought about it, I don’t know if I have any other workouts where one leg bears all your weight pushing up from the floor and lowering down to the floor, so I think it’s a good move for me to practice.
Old 07-28-20, 08:29 AM  
bubbles76

Kelly can do stuff I can't do, and I'm in my 40s lol! She is a beast, Cathe is a beast, and so is Michelle Dozois. Heck, they were kicking my butt when I was in my 30's lol!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 08:38 AM  
LoveVA

Trim Down? I don't have that one. Is this something I need?
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 08:42 AM  
Gams

Yes, you definitely NEED this one! 😁 Don’t know if it matters, but she’s by herself in this one.
Old 07-28-20, 08:44 AM  
laurajhawk

Dammit. She's older than me. LOL.
(I really don't expect to be in as good a shape as someone who makes a living in fitness. I work at a desk. And I don't have athletic genes, either. Honestly, knowing she's just a year older than me makes her relatable, more than anything else. )

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 08:48 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
It’s toward the end of workout 2 on the Trim Down DVD. She’s in a split stance and lowers down until she’s kneeling on her back knee and then rises up and repeats several times. I can do the move but not real well and not nearly as quickly as she does. In my defense, I do have one bad knee (it’s been broken twice), but I think my main problem is that my legs aren’t as strong as I thought. When I thought about it, I don’t know if I have any other workouts where one leg bears all your weight pushing up from the floor and lowering down to the floor, so I think it’s a good move for me to practice.
Gams- I find this move challenging, too, so you are not alone! Doesn't Kelly quit doing the leg move and focus on arms only on the second set? I think she is challenged by the move as well!

Tags
kcm, trim down