Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-17-20, 07:43 PM  
anetta

New CS challenge on ETV starting April 22

Was just on the ETV streaming and a new workout challenge will start on April 22nd.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-20, 05:59 AM  
topfitmama

I saw that, and I got an email from them that included this information on Miranda's health:

Quote:
I am currently recovering from a presumptive case of COVID-19 (my doctors confirmed all the signs, but testing was not available). I had a fever, aches of a flu and trouble breathing. Although the fever has been gone for over two weeks, I have remained chronically exhausted, with an unrelenting dry cough. My doctor explained that about 80% of people will experience a relatively mild case like mine, that doesn’t need hospitalization. I also believe this is a testament to my general fitness level.
Moving, whether indoors or outdoors if you can, is one more tool in our arsenal against this virus!

There are unlocked workouts on Essentrics.TV and they've extended their trial to 2 weeks.

Stay healthy!
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-20, 07:27 AM  
SEV

So glad Miranda is OK. The email said she will be posting more info explaining how moderate exercise is better for the immune system. I'm interested in what she has to say. I have been doing lighter workouts during this time. I realized a few years ago that my beloved intense workouts do make me more likely to catch whatever bug is going around. I know that is not the case for everyone.

After years of intense workouts, it's sometimes hard to keep things light, even though I know I will feel so much better. Therefore I'm anxious to read the science behind what Miranda is saying.
SEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-20, 08:16 AM  
donnamp

I think I'm going to be joining! I did the health challenge in January and mixed in some cardio and Pilates workouts and felt great.

I have my membership on pause - which is a nice feature - so I think I will un-pause it to do this challenge.

Re: moderate exercise, I have read that doing super intense workouts all the time tends to raise inflammation in the body and also produces a stress response in the body. I think that is why some people end up either gaining weight when they do intense workouts or end up getting sick more frequently. I think it is one of those things that is individual to everyone - what may be an appropriate "dose" of high intensity for one person may be too much for another.

I think you just have to find the right mix of light, moderate and intense that suits you - and to add to the fun - that formula probably changes over time!

I'm glad Miranda is ok after having a probable case of COVID19

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-20, 06:49 AM  
Floren

Does anyone know if the challenge is only for streaming, or if they list the DVDs for the challenge too? Thanks
Floren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-20, 09:49 AM  
donnamp

Floren - most of the time the challenges are a combo of DVD and exclusive to streaming workouts. Usually they provide a schedule that you can print out - I was hoping to see something like that from them to see if I could do it with some DVD workouts.

Donna
Old 04-21-20, 11:20 AM  
Floren

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Floren - most of the time the challenges are a combo of DVD and exclusive to streaming workouts. Usually they provide a schedule that you can print out - I was hoping to see something like that from them to see if I could do it with some DVD workouts.

Donna
Thanks Donna! I'll take a look for the schedule.
Floren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-20, 08:05 AM  
Demeris

Would anyone here like an activation code for 30 days of Essentrics streaming? I can't afford the gigabytes. The only restriction on the code is that it is for New Clients Only. So if you have a subscription or have had a subscription, it won't work.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-20, 08:43 AM  
donnamp

Gosh I forgot this was starting today! Has anyone had a chance to look at the schedule? I didn't see one posted...maybe you have to be a member to see the schedule?

Demeris - thanks for your generous offer! I have been a member on and off so the code won't work for me - but hopefully someone else can take advantage!

Donna

Tags
classical stretch, essentrics tv