Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-15, 05:18 PM  
lesia

BodyShred Phase 1 Review

BodyShred Launch Workout 1 Verdict?

This workout is nasty hard! I will not lie - the warmup and 1st circuit I'm thinking...nothing special I was hanging with them and then BOOM Circuit 2 kicked in and it was just awful for me. You know when you see a person struggle in those before & after videos on Youtube? Well, that was me...a whimpering whiny little girl. LOL BUT I knew this when I ordered this system. I want to get better at the functional stuff. I'm fit but not in this way....Summary? I will be on Level 1(workouts 1 & 2 for a while) For those who think Jillian has too much downtime? Her evil twin showed up.

Tomorrow is Workout 2, if I can move....

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-15, 05:45 PM  
firmaholic

This sounds scary good!!' I am really late to the Jillian party. I just got JMBR in trade and I am loving it. I ordered 21 day Fix and 21 DFx and don't really care for them. I am also annoyed by Autumn, but click with Jill. Never would have thought. I might have to get Body Shred....well after the price comes down and I do the 90 day rotation.
firmaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-15, 05:51 PM  
lesia

Yeah it's scary good and I'm going to have to be patient with myself to get some of the moves down. Yes, I've only done the Cardio 1 over the weekend and Workout 1 today, but I previewed Workouts 1-4...I know where this is going. I've just got to keep showing up. There are moves I'm really good at and ones that I really suck at (pushups anyone?)

I've got Body Rev as well and you know how Jillian banters a bit and seems to stall? I think that's the way of that workout because that Jillian is not in BodyShred (not imho) she is go, go,go. There is a modifier and she also has an intensifier so you can grow with the program.

Lesia
Old 03-09-15, 06:06 PM  
at120

Does Jillian actually do each full workout or just bits and pieces as she moves around lecturing the other exercisers?
at120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-15, 06:23 PM  
lesia

No she moves around and instructs.
Old 03-09-15, 06:27 PM  
pharma_gal

Is it really hard as compared to Body Rev? I was thinking about ordering this but now I'm scared!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-15, 06:34 PM  
lesia

I think it is but it's doable, I just suck at the pushup, plank and twists stuff. I wrote out the workout sequence on the thread "Yippee! My BodyShred has arrived" I've posted the first 3 workouts to let you know what it looks like.

Lesia
Old 03-10-15, 05:29 PM  
lesia

"Rise" Workout 2

I pasted this from my FB page:

BodyShred "Rise" Workout 2 OMG I love this workout. You know why? During the warmup, Jillian actually says, "If you are not stumbling and struggling, then pack the program back up and get your money back. This program is meant to make you struggle and work for it."
Once I got my mind right, I did it. Was it perfect? No. Did I rewind because i didn't get the move? Yes. Before I knew it, the workout was over and I was cussing Jillian. This is awesome.

Oh,and make sure you have a snack or something to get you thru the workout, if not you will crash & burn. There's no downtime between exercises. I had to pause to get a swig of water.

Lesia
Old 03-10-15, 06:10 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Thanks again lesia. Looking forward to your other reviews.
Old 03-12-15, 05:15 PM  
lesia

Cardio 2

3.12 Boy did I goof...but in a good way. I pulled out my BodyShred Cardio discs and I thought I picked out Cardio 1. I put in the disc and started the warmup. I got thru the warmup and thought, "This doesn't seem like Cardio 1." Right about realization time, Jillian said, "Cardio 2 kicks it up a notch!" WHAT? The whole time I'd been doing Cardio 2 which is just Insanity nasty. 3 circuits (each done 2x) which makes for a 9 min. circuit.

I made it thru the first 2 circuits and had the last one to go...it was ride it out and give it up. Let's RIDE! Now that I'm finished, I'm in total love. Yes, there are a few moves that I modified like the kick thrus (I can't breakdance for the life of me, so I just did a run up jog on my 10 inch step...Got it done. Totally trashed.

This is an awesome set. I feel like I did the first time Insanity came out. Oh so hard, but feel so accomplished at the end.

Lesia

Tags
body shred, bodyshred, bodyshred breakdown, jillian michaels