Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-09-12, 07:32 PM  
Hilary

Why I Don't Think Aging is a Good Excuse

I think the human body is a really amazing thing. Although wrinkles, creaky joints, and slightly less energy may come with the territory, you can still make really positive changes to your body even when you're "over the hill." The first photo was taken when I was 45. The second was yesterday. I'm 58. I hate for women (or men for that matter) to think, "Well, I'm in my 40's. It's all downhill from here. I'm never going to significantly change my body, so I might as well give up." Although I wasn't overweight in the first photo, I figured my genetics and body composition were such that nothing was going to make much of a difference, but years and years of consistent exercise and careful eating have proven me wrong.

Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 07:37 PM  
Donna D

Congratulations on your success; great words of wisdom. From reading your posts I know you worked quite hard. Quite an inspiration not only to all of us who are over 50, but to women of all ages.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 07:39 PM  
westiemack

Wow! You look fantastic!!

Kathy

Disclosure: I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, but I'm only in it for the discount!
westiemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 07:43 PM  
kariev34

WOW! Hilary, you look amazing! You are an inspiration. Great job!
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 07:58 PM  
Barbara P
VF Supporter

You look great Hilary!
I'm a year older than you are. Things have gotten harder, and I have lost muscle tone, and strength, but there is no way I would ever "give up" like my doctors have told me I am so much better off than most of the population, and especially my age group. And if I stopped then it really would go downhill.
But that isn't even an option.
Old 05-09-12, 08:00 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I love your attitude! I agree with you completely. So much is self-imposed limitations.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 08:13 PM  
Snuckles

I'm certainly going to be just like you when I grow up!
Snuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 08:19 PM  
Harantwanders

You are AWESOME and you are right.

I am a little older than you and my experience has been the same as far as improving and looking better than ever (feeling that way, too).

Thanks for sharing that.
Harantwanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 08:20 PM  
Sharaz

Congratulations you look awesome. Hard work and consistency get results. Age is not a factor
Old 05-09-12, 08:25 PM  
MoFirmer

Hilary - I have always been inspired by your posts about fitness and this post even more!!! You are a wonderful role model on a fit, healthy lifestyle.... age is just a number and you are proof of that!! Thanks for being SO inspiring!!!

Tags
aging, inspiration, inspirational, results