Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-19-11, 05:51 AM  
adrien_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyC923 View Post
Hi,
Ruthular and others that are having these results:

Which barre workouts have you been doing (in addition to Daily Method?)

thanks
cindy
I would like to know this too! I had ALL of the bar workouts I can think of, but never did any of them and traded most of them in on Amazon. Posts like this always make me regret that decision.

I kept all of my P57s and both Tracy Mallet workouts. Pure Barre and the Bar Method just weren't doing it for me.

I have several TA workouts too, but I guess those aren't really considered barre...
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-11, 06:10 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73 View Post
I would like to know this too! I had ALL of the bar workouts I can think of, but never did any of them and traded most of them in on Amazon. Posts like this always make me regret that decision.

I kept all of my P57s and both Tracy Mallet workouts. Pure Barre and the Bar Method just weren't doing it for me.

I have several TA workouts too, but I guess those aren't really considered barre...
I can't say barre has done it all. I noticed a change in my hips, glutes and thighs since adding P57 and more floor exercises for the lower body (Winsor buns and Thighs, other side-lying Pilates series), but when I first started doing p57 my thighs seemed to blow up. This lasted a couple of weeks, and then I cut down on sugar and the bloat disappeared shortly afterwards. My abs are looking a lot more defined, even with some fat on them, and they feel hard. I can feel my leg muscles and they are looking a lot better.
I think the combination of pushups, planks, tricep dips and low weight upper body exercises are to credit for better upper body definition than I've had in a long time.
I also don't do as much cardio as I used to, but do try to get some short circuits in a few times a week.

I'm chronically disorganized and struggle big time sticking to any sort of rotation, but alternating between barre and pilates + short circuits is working well. I also walk a lot and try to stay active and sit around less.

I'm not sure this is helpful... maybe the answer is don't try to do one thing exclusively, just try to add it to what you already do

ETA: I also get Suzanne Bowen's weekly downloads. They are an inexpensive way to add this little pulses and holds type of exercise to your rotation. Many swear by Leah Sarago's Ballet Body downloads and Daisysunshine has almost sent me off the edge with her trailers....
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-11, 06:27 AM  
Darisa

Congratulations! Those are awesome results.

I've said this a million times, but last year when I was 160 I was a size 14. Lost all the weight gained it back (sad, sad ) but instead of being a 14 I'm a size 10 and if I don't want to breathe can get into an 8. Love my barre workouts. I took a break for a couple of weeks cause I sick of them but missed them so much I'm back it.
Darisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-11, 08:17 AM  
ruthular

I've been doing tbm, p57, some pure barre, the occasional squeeze, and an Ellen here and there. Most consistent with tbm - primarily the old ones ff and ds as well as cyb. For cardio I'm walking or doing turbo jam or whatever dancy stuff I'm in the mood for. I've been having a lot of FUN with my workouts instead of trying to kill myself. I think it's been good for my stress levels and has enabled me to cut back on the food successfully. Who knew you could have fun and get results?
ruthular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-11, 08:27 AM  
PhyllisG

I also have been having fun with my workouts and not stressing out over them. I have been doing Ellen Barretts, Squeeze and Squeeze Stronger, ATRMs, Tracey Mallett's Booty Barre's (both of them) and her Pilates Sculpt. I also regularly workout with Dove and Michele Carmichael's Fuel Series--especially Flex & MetFuel. These have been the main focus of my workouts. I didn't care for the BarMethod and have been neglecting P57. I also have started doing TA's Mat and PP again recently and have been loving these.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-11, 07:57 PM  
faith458

Congratulations on the results! I'm so glad you posted. I fell off the exercise bandwagon last fall (injury and too much work). Unfortunately, most of my clothes are not fitting. I was debating about starting barre again, but I think it may work for me this time if I add some more cardio into my routine.

Faith
faith458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-11, 03:10 PM  
trixie108

You know, I had been doing a strictly barre rotation for a while, then I got Skogg and started on the kettlebells. It's too early to tell (I've only been doing kettlebells for 2 weeks), but my pants are a LOT tighter!!! I'm hoping it will go away, but if it doesn't I'm going straight back to my barre!

Tags
bar, barre, barre results, dailey method, results