Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-16-11, 11:22 PM  
eastblvd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJane View Post
I've lost all of the weight plus a few extra pounds with only barre videos and walking.
This is amazing to hear! I know every body is different and every person (and new mom!) will have different results, but I've been convincing myself that I needed to workout as intensely as possible to lose the baby weight, and maybe that's not true . . .

eastblvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 04:57 AM  
Vanity68

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
I'm interested in everyone's results but am interested if you changed from weights to more barre-type workouts, too. I'm considering giving Ballet Body a spin but am nervous...Nancy
I looooove ballet body and that is coming from someone who never thought a workout could be better than the Bar Methods.....they are worth every cent
Old 05-17-11, 05:49 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisysunshine View Post
they are going to be a dvd system coming out in August/September.
Dvds coming out in August/September? NOW, I'm interested!
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 06:29 AM  
SarahJane

I'm interested too! Great, one more workout to try and fit in...
Old 05-17-11, 07:37 AM  
trishthedish

Well, continuing the Ballet Body love - I lost the last 10 pounds doing Ballet Body. So I think it works wonders! My upper body has never looked like this before so I'm pleased with the results. SUPER excited for the DVD set!
Old 05-17-11, 07:42 AM  
Tan

I love what Ballet Body has done for my legs, glutes and upper body. I don't have time for much cardio, just walking as I have two small kids. I mostly focus on pilates exercises for ab work as I find it the best to tone up post partum tummies although I do use some of Leah's wonderful plank workouts.
Subscribe. You won't regret it.
Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 08:05 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity68 View Post
I looooove ballet body and that is coming from someone who never thought a workout could be better than the Bar Methods.....they are worth every cent
!!!!!!

Alright, I'm still holding off on downloads, but I'm a definite on the dvds/set. My birthday is in Sept. so even if it's pricey, I'll play the bday card.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 08:06 AM  
ktlc
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I know this has been asked before, but how do you all store the downloads? We have ancient TV's here and no gaming systems--our computers are pretty old, too.

Jackie

I am now storing my Ballet Body workouts on DropBox (www.Dropbox.com). Any amount of storage under 2GB is FREE, they're protected in the event of a problem with my computer, plus they're stored online so I can access them from anywhere I can access the internet.

Katie
ktlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 08:20 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
I was into Barre workouts exclusively awhile back and did like the results I was getting, however, I had come down with a wicked chest cold and didn't work out for 10 days. In that 10 day period I felt my strength decline, my hard earned results diminishing quickly and I was shocked my progress "went away" so fast Weight training does NOT do that to me, my results stay with me for awhile, even through a 10 day hiatus. That kinda turned me off a little on Barre workouts, after 10 days I felt weak,flabby and right back to where I started. I know consistancy is key to any workout program and without your results will go away but there was a drastic change in just 10 days
I have only started incorporating barre to my workout schedule. I don't want to make them the only thing I do for fear of burning out on them like I burnt out on Pilates. I need my variety, and if I should stop wanting to do barre, I would, hopefully, not go back to square 1!
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 08:33 AM  
BurnRN

I have been doing barre consistently since September, rotating through all of my Bar Methods, Pure Barres, Xtend, P57, and Ballet Body. My glutes are becoming hard as rocks and I see muscles in my legs I never knew existed! For the first time in my life I can feel (and see) my abs and my belly is flattening/tightening up. I used to skip the ab work in most of my workouts but I like the c curve abs in barre routines so do them 6 days a week.

To be fair, I also do lots of AWT too but I still think the majority of my results are from barre.
BurnRN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ballet body, barre, barre results