Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-10-13, 08:20 AM  
kitty12

Thanks for the input on the inner thigh work. So I might be caving soon!
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-13, 11:07 AM  
Cassy

I can't wait to do this set after baby's arrival. Just wanted to add a note for people who think they move too fast. I also thought this with the first series so I stop using it. I just recently got the bump one and really liked it but her talking so fast was distracting to me. So I just put on my favorite pandora station and did the workout again and really liked it so much better. I then pulled out the bikini bootcamp from the original and enjoyed that more too. I think when you can't hear their super fast chatter you can move more controlled. I know it's an extra step to put on your own music and it can be a pain but for me it worked.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-13, 08:02 PM  
momofcha

I just did bata barre. How are there not more comments about this one?? I LOVED it! It was intense, but so much fun! I loved Francie and she did a great job. My legs are fried right now!

You started with the Tabata part & then went to the "barre" part. Holy fried my inner thighs! Wow! I was able to do this with minimal modifications. Loved it!

I can't wait to do this again!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-13, 09:11 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
I just did bata barre. How are there not more comments about this one?? I LOVED it! It was intense, but so much fun! I loved Francie and she did a great job. My legs are fried right now!

You started with the Tabata part & then went to the "barre" part. Holy fried my inner thighs! Wow! I was able to do this with minimal modifications. Loved it!

I think that is one is my favorite, too! I loved it!!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-13, 09:51 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post

Glad you liked it so much, Sue!! If she does end up selling the dvds in this set separately, that's one I'd probably get. I did end up pre-ordering the Studio Mixx!

Cassy, I wrote this in another thread but I'm not sure you ever saw it -- congratulations on your pregnancy -- very exciting! I'm so happy for you. When are you due? Are you feeling ok? This is your first, right?

Ok, back to DB now.....
bee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-13, 05:52 PM  
edensmom

I finally got the chance to try out MILF today. Wow!!! What a tough workout. The cardio was hard because there are no breaks and you just move from one move to the next. The segment with the gliders was a challenge for me. Definitely a whole lot of room for improvement there. Overall I felt there are a nice mix of moves so I could recover some and not just be dying the whole time.

I had a little trouble with my band. I used the heaviest resistance firewalker loop since it is the only one I have left and there was no way I could jack my legs out. I ended up tying one of my shorter resistance bands but I tied it a little long. It began to slide down toward my knees during the floor work. I will be needing a new band.

Love the floorwork. It was a nice break from the cardio for me. . Challenging, but doable. This part of the workout sped by.

I did an hour long tough plyo and bodyweight cardio workout this morning so I don't know if that colored my impression of the workout. (Maybe I would have been a little more "fresh" had I not already worked out.) For those that have done all the workouts, is the intensity level pretty consistent throughout the set?

I am excited to try the others. I really, really liked this workout.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-13, 06:37 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
IFor those that have done all the workouts, is the intensity level pretty consistent throughout the set?

I am excited to try the others. I really, really liked this workout.
Glad you liked it! That's amazing that you did both of those super hard workouts in one day!

I think that the others are equally intense! They're blurring together a bit for me, but I think that the InTENse one was especially hard, too.
Old 08-13-13, 06:37 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post

Cassy, I wrote this in another thread but I'm not sure you ever saw it -- congratulations on your pregnancy -- very exciting! I'm so happy for you. When are you due? Are you feeling ok? This is your first, right?
Yes, congrats, Cassy! That is so exciting!!
Old 08-17-13, 06:36 PM  
edensmom

"InTENse"

Is right! This workout is no joke. The first arm series was super hard for me! My shoulders were on FIRE! I liked the first cardio and thought it worked the legs well. The first abs was a welcome break from the killer arms. Kind of like slim series standing abs only super-charged! The second cardio was pretty hard too- well the use of the gliders while in plank/pike. Tough tough tough for me. The rest was doable. I really like the sequencing. When I think I might die, we move on. Well, except the forearm plank with the little tiny run on the gliders and the exercise it alternated with felt ENDLESS. Only because I was so not good at it though. Second arms was good too, totally different than the first, and final abs mercifully short.

These are some humbling workouts! And I love it.

The sequencing of body part segments really kept my interest. I think I like this one even more than MILF. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind. I've also not done the others. So far a very good purchase for me.
Old 08-18-13, 10:59 AM  
edensmom

I wanted to come back and report how I felt after yesterday's workout. I took my shower and got the kiddos ready to go to Joann fabrics; as we were walking down the porch steps, my quads started talking to me! Ouch! And this with primarily an arm workout, and maybe an hour after I completed it. This was definitely total body. Love it.

Tags
dream body