Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-15-13, 11:26 AM  
Aurora C.

Anything like original Dream Body but shorter?

I'm just finding too much of a dread factor with a workout this long, I've become accustomed to doing about 30 minutes AM & PM workouts because I can manage that, but even 40 minutes would be acceptable...more than that I find hard to fit in my schedule. I'm interested in the slimming/leaning effects Dream Body seems to have on arms, abs & legs, but if I can't get myself to do it I'm not going to get those results. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 11:39 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

I've only tried Dreambody once, and it was too long and too hard for me. I've been working in a lot of Blogilates lately, and it seems to be somewhat similar. They are pilates "fusion" workouts, tough but short, can be mixed and matched, and they are free. There are some cheesy pop-ups and sometimes a lot of body part and girl talk, but I am able to tune most of it out. I particularly like her "On Fire" series.

ETA: Looks like my link didn't work...
http://www.blogilates.com/

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 11:49 AM  
edensmom

Great suggestion Gale. Cassey does a lot of plank type work in her upper body and abs vids. Also check out her Pilates Bootcamp on Livestrong Woman.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 11:53 AM  
Aurora C.

Thanks I'll check them out! DB was hard, but I usually like a challenge I can grow into, but the length of it & the instructor's nonstop talking were really the deal breakers for me. Maybe I'll try again in winter when I don't feel like leaving the house, but in summer I just can't spend that much time working out to a DVD!
Old 07-15-13, 11:57 AM  
edensmom

Cassey talks a lot too...often it is non-workout related though. Her speech patterns aren't super-fast like Darby.
Old 07-15-13, 12:10 PM  
Aurora C.

Yeah, on first impression she's pretty annoying too. Seems like she's trying to hard to act like a teenager - someone should tell her that teenagers are annoying.
Old 07-15-13, 12:15 PM  
Aurora C.

...Or maybe I'm just grumpy today >;-)
Old 07-15-13, 12:22 PM  
edensmom

In pilates bootcamp she is more business-like.
Old 07-15-13, 12:44 PM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora C. View Post
Yeah, on first impression she's pretty annoying too. Seems like she's trying to hard to act like a teenager - someone should tell her that teenagers are annoying.
Yeah, I know what you mean. It seems like she targets the very young crowd--I'm 54 this month lol, but I like the workouts so I keep going back.

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 01:13 PM  
Aurora C.

Happy Birthday!!!

I feel like even teenagers don't like that stereotypical teenager bit - I know I never did ...it insulted my intelligence to watch shows like Blossom that were popular at the time.

Anyway, I enjoyed the Heart on Fire cardio (though too short to really consider a workout for me), but I couldn't get through the Abs on Fire because she did too many exercises that tighten & stress my psoas (I had to give up on P57 for the same reason), & Arms on Fire was not my cup of tea either - I was hoping for something more TA like as my arms are already too muscular/bulky so I'm trying to let them atrophy a bit. I'm afraid to try legs & butt as I don't want my butt any smaller - trying to put a little bulk in my backside & hips. And my quads are already overdeveloped, I just want to slim & strengthen my inner thighs. I'll keep looking around her site to see what might fit, but hopefully some other suggestions will come down the pike too.

Tags
40 minute workouts, dread factor, dream body, leaning out, short workouts