Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-20, 06:18 PM  
ncl

Anyone doing rotations or what are your workout plans during this time?

I feel like I have lost some of my fitness after a vacation that was followed up by the craziness of COVID 19. I am looking to get inspired about creating a plan to get my fitness level back up. What's everyone doing right now? I was on vacay for 10 days then right into COVID craziness and exhaustion, limiting what I was able to do, but I feel my energy level is improving.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 07:23 PM  
Tanja

I am focusing on mobility and feel good workouts. I am doing something every day of the week. I rotate whatever is fun: rebounder workbouts with treadmill/jumprope workouts, weight training with step/kickboxing/eliptical workouts, etc.

For me it is more important just to be able to move in different directions, up and down, left and right, than it is to have visible results. As long as I can lift a 40 lbs bag of dog food, I am good.
Tanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 07:32 PM  
bubbles76

I'm currently in finishing up a Met-RX rotation. I've had great results! I'll probably follow up with an XTFMax/XtrainFit rotation, probably subbing my own cardio and adding yoga as I go. Or maybe a Cathe rotation.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 07:32 PM  
alisoncooks

Yep. I had a home reno that lasted about a month and threw off my workouts. We literally got the last of the carpet installed the Friday before our state started setting limits on work and gathering. So I've been just trying to get back in the habit.

I've just started using some of Pahla B's workouts on YouTube, and I really like her! I've also been focusing on yoga (because goodness knows I need some breathing and stillness in my day). So a combo of those + outdoor walks with my kids is what I'm doing.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 07:35 PM  
MoFirmer

I am doing a FIRM bootcamp rotation right now. Several of us in the TransFIRM your Body checkin on FB are doing it. I took one Rekebah made years ago and tailored it with BEMAX/FIRM workouts.
Old 04-05-20, 07:38 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Last December I subscribed to GHUTV for $16/year as well as ePilates online for a year. The best money I've ever spent for online memberships.

So far this year I've been doing GHUTV workouts every other day, focusing on strength, and on alternate days I'm doing ePilates classes. I've gained strength and flexibility and am virtually ache-free. I plan to continue with this plan for as long as it works for me.
Old 04-05-20, 07:58 PM  
Taiga

I have been doing Tracie Long's Signature Series and recently started weaving in some of her other newer workouts (I had CMs and recently purchased her Metabolic Strength workouts during her sale). I love the mobility work that she incorporates. I have also been spending more time on my flexibility (various yoga, the Kristina Nekyia dvds, Barlates Warm and Stretch etc). I'm trying to work out some muscular imbalances then will choose a strength rotation. I had intended STS but I'm actually thinking Met-Rx or one of the Men's Health sets I purchased on black Friday. I'm just in the mood to do something new or fairly old. I ordered the newer P90 because I've been waxing sentimental but have too much on my plate for a P90X rotation right now.

I have KB Body Series that's been waiting a while as well. As usual, I want to do everything

Oh---and I recently purchased a few Finis Jhung dvds off Amazon (they won't arrive until May) because I had never seen them marked down so low. I will want to incorporate them eventually.They are kind of meditative and do help with flexibility. I want to keep that theme given the current atmosphere.
Old 04-05-20, 08:08 PM  
deineira

Yep. I just started a Cathe FitSplit rotation. I was working mostly in Lauren's Playground, but I'm losing some fitness with these workouts as they're not as hard and much shorter (which is one of the reasons I was enjoying them!) However, I'm planning to use this time to get in better shape.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 08:33 PM  
ncl

I decided to start with some good ole xtrain today, did bis and tris (or a premix anyway). I think I'll do some traditional weight lifting for a bit with some cardio inbetween to get the strength back up, then next month I think I'll do some bootcamps and metabolic workouts and see how that goes. All interspersed with some cardio.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 08:44 PM  
MathTeacher

I have been doing all kinds of things, but my school neighbor wants to do Liift4, so I am doing that with her remotely.

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, rotation, rotations