Step Sync Clip

Cathe just posted the Step Sync clip on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfxxRQ2jMNQ
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 11:09 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

that is so nice. but for me, that ship done sailed. 🚢

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 11:55 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I might have to consider this one. It might be my imagination, but the cuing seems to be better. I'll wait for reviews before I decide, though.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 12:42 PM  
lavna

I'm a bit disappointed by this series. IIRC, it was advertised for the advanced exerciser but they don't look advanced (for Cathe!) to me!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 01:05 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavna View Post
I'm a bit disapointed by this series. IIRC, it was advertised for the advanced exerciser but they don't look advanced (for Cathe!) to me!
Nathalie
I think her recent series in general are gradually becoming "easier" (for Cathe). I mostly don't really mind, as I adjust up and/or combine workouts or use premixes that amp them up since I consider myself pretty advanced. Guess this way she can appeal to exercisers who might have been afraid of trying her before. I had to adjust up like mad on the Lite series. I never used to have to do that since the workout as designed was plenty. I hope this one can be managed the same way and expect it will work for me as it has in the past.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 04:21 PM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavna View Post
I'm a bit disapointed by this series. IIRC, it was advertised for the advanced exerciser but they don't look advanced (for Cathe!) to me!
Nathalie
Even just using a higher step would raise the fitness level required. When I was fitter, my step was always set up at 10", & rare to change it down; nowadays, I do 8" with the odd 10. (I'm 4'10", so 10" is a square knee height.)
BUT, I agree - that clip definitely did NOT look to be for an advanced exerciser. They ALL looked like they were taking it easy, almost like a final rehearsal.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 04:25 PM  
carolyn jane

My main thought while watching the clip was that it looked "low energy."

It looks like Cathe put a lot of thought and creativity into coming up with new steps and combinations, but her voice just doesn't sound enthusiastic.

Very different vibe from her step workouts in the early days!
carolyn jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 04:53 PM  
Pam

Her last few sets were easier than her previous DVDs were. I tried them once and they have not been opened since. I am guessing her marketing is for her current DVDs to be easy-intermediate and the online workouts to be more advance. I have not done any of her online workouts, but comments are generally expressing they are advance.

I am glad this new set will be easier to make more advance by increasing the step height.
Old 12-02-19, 05:21 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn jane View Post
My main thought while watching the clip was that it looked "low energy."

It looks like Cathe put a lot of thought and creativity into coming up with new steps and combinations, but her voice just doesn't sound enthusiastic.

Very different vibe from her step workouts in the early days!
That's exactly what I thought. Having said that, now that I'm 52 step is harder for me than it used to be, so I will probably appreciate the slower tempo.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 06:03 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

carolyn jane, I think you summarized what I was thinking too--low energy. I don't use as high a step as I used to (10"-12") and I shouldn't have to do that to get an intense step workout. I may try this on a bosu since the balance challenge layers on some intensity without having to mess up my knees. As an aside, even in my younger days I see now it wasn't a good idea to use a step that high--my knees would bug me periodically and now they don't bother me unless I do too much step or use anything higher than 6 to 8 inches max.

All this said, I'm going to give it a fair chance. It's tough for me to really gauge a workout from a clip, I have to actually do it. Cathe rarely disappoints me.

Interestingly enough, the IMAX clip looks to be higher impact than I thought it would be.

Pam, you might want to try some of the premixes on her more recent sets. They really did up the intensity for me.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe step box, step boss, step sync, stepsync