Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-19-18, 10:15 AM  
isebelleg44

Anyone still subscribe to Udaya?

Has anyone noticed all the new videos that are in German? I am confused as to why they are posting so many videos in German. I love their yoga videos and no longer get excited about new videos, as they are in a language that I don’t understand.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-18, 09:15 PM  
katmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
Has anyone noticed all the new videos that are in German? I am confused as to why they are posting so many videos in German. I love their yoga videos and no longer get excited about new videos, as they are in a language that I don’t understand.
I am still subscribing, but it has been a long time since I have done any of the practices. I was not overly thrilled with the last one I did.

Not sure why all the recent German videos. A while back there were quite a few Greek language videos added.

I keep thinking that maybe it is time to cancel, but I am also hesitant since I have the $9 monthly subscription fee.
Old 02-20-18, 05:05 AM  
Pippadog

Yes I subscribe. I too have noticed all the new classes have been German. Whilst I applaud them for having lots of international material, there does seem to be a huge number of german classes. I emailed them about it and they didn't respond. I'm going to cancel before my next payment date. I've started using bryan kest's poweryoga site and I find the quality of teaching much better. I liked the older classes on udaya by Rudy, Vytas, Jeff Beaudion. But the new teachers aren't really to my taste. Just my opinion.

Laura
Pippadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-18, 09:35 AM  
laurajhawk

I'm a former but not current subscriber. I figure the sudden influx of German classes means they have recently done a shoot in Germany. Their process for a long time has been to shoot many classes in a short time at some location, then post them over time. Initially they just had "their" teachers but I remember them starting to add in some local teachers - I guess they've now decided it's OK to have teachers using the local language. They should, at least, tag the videos by language so you can include that factor in a search; and if months go by when all the classes are non-English, as an English-only subscriber, I'd also feel I wasn't getting value for my subscription.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-18, 05:18 PM  
isebelleg44

I think what annoyed me the most, was that a few of their latest classes had descriptions in English, so that threw me off. Normally they post the class description in the language that they are in. I love Udaya's classes and have a good deal for their subscription and don't what to give it up just yet.

I was also excited to see a couple of Qi-Gong classes and was disappointed when I saw that they were in German. At least those descriptions were in German!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote