Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-05-14, 07:22 AM  
isebelleg44

What are your Cathe Live favorites?

I am thinking about taking the plunge. Just wondering what your favorites are.
TIA!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 08:41 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Love, love, love Cathe Live! So far my favorites are:

1) Step HIIT – 1/2 step HIIT + 1/2 upper body resistance.
2) Cardio & Weights - floor cardio & upper body circuits.
3) Cardio Leg Blast with High Step – High Step cardio and lower body resistance circuits using both weights and a barbell.
4) Total Body Weights – Body Pump type with light weights/high reps.
5) High Intensity Cardio Step – Step circuits that uses one set of risers + 5 lb. weights.
6) Metabolic Circuit Blast – HIIT circuits with weights – weights, tubing, firewalker, discs.
7) Stability Ball Total Body Weights – Stability ball, various dumbells, mat.
8) Lean and Mean Legs – Small stability ball, barbell with weights, 20 – 25 lb. dumbbells, two 10 lb. weights, firewalker loop, Dixie cups, mat.
9) Imax Live – Step with 6” or 8” risers.
10) Cardio Strength Blast - Various weighted dumbbells 8's, 10's, 12's, Dixie cups, and Firewalker loops.

And my most favorite so far is this one. It's tough and non-stop!
11) Strong Upperbody + Core - full sized step with three risers underneath (to act as a bench only, no cardio) varied set of handweights ranging from 5's up through 15's and an exercise mat.

I think you'll be thrilled if you subscribe. Cathe is very relaxed and fun in these workouts and her class is made up of all shapes, sizes, and abilities. It's very motivating! They have short clips of all of them up on the Cathe forum if you want to check them out first.

Kathy
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 08:54 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

I love Cathe Live, too!! I'm going to be doing Strong Upper Body in a few minutes, actually.

My favorites so far have been:

1. Butts and Guts Live
2. Total Body Reps
3. Cardio Strength Blast
4. Total Body Sculpt
5. Lean and Mean Legs
6. Metabolic Circuit Blast
7. Cardio Leg Blast with High Step
8. All About Legs
9. Step Hiit

Obviously I'm partial to the leg and metabolic/Hiit type workouts. I'm excited to try Strong Upper Body as lots of people have said they love this one.
Old 11-05-14, 10:38 AM  
mtngoat

I don't currently subscribe, but intend to again. I loved Cathe Live!

Going from memory, I liked Cardio & Weights, Imax Live, Cardio Boxing & Stability Ball Abs, Kickboxing & Barre, and Stability Ball Total Body Workout.

I especially liked the Stability Ball Total Body Workout. It was total body, under 60 minutes, and hit body parts that tend to be under-worked. It really got hamstrings, calves (indirectly), shoulders and triceps. I never made it through without resting!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 11:48 AM  
HRCFitness

Love cathe live

I just love them! Really I haven't had a week that I was disappointed at all! They are fun and high energy! I really look forward to Thursdays!
Go for it, it's money well spent!
HRCFitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 11:58 AM  
tiletha444

Loove Cathe Live!!!

They're all great! But, my favorites right now are the total and upper body weight workouts!!

Cathe Live is definitely worth the monthly investment! The great thing is you can always try it for a month, and if you don't like it - cancel! Very simple.
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 12:07 PM  
jenn38

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCFitness View Post
I just love them! Really I haven't had a week that I was disappointed at all! They are fun and high energy! I really look forward to Thursdays!
Go for it, it's money well spent!
But a couple standouts for me have been:

Strong Upper Body + Core
Butts and Guts Live
Cardio Boxing with Stability Ball Abs
Kickbox & Barre
Imax Live

My least was favorite was Cardio Leg Blast with the High Step. But that is because I don't like leg presses and the high step makes me feel like I'm going to die.

I usually do Cathe Live on Sundays and its a great way for me to start my week.
Old 11-05-14, 07:22 PM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

I Cathe Live too!

It isn't much of a plunge. You can cancel at any time and it is only $10 a month. Sign up for a month and get access to a enough workouts that you can do a different one every day.

I have been keeping a spreadsheet on Google Drive with my notes on each workout that I've done, because it is hard to keep them all straight.

Cathe Live Spreadsheet

Anyone should be able to see it. (I hope)

My favorites are in the Blue. I think my favorites are the leg workouts and when she does more pure cardio. The ab/core work has been great in many of the workouts. The recent Strong Upper body was excellent, and I love having some upper body only workouts, since she has so many lower body workouts on dvd.

The light orange are those I have not tried. The only ones I really am not loving are the total body workouts, which are fine, but just not my favorites. Some of them feel random, and work the show muscles too much.

I have two overall complaints about the Live workouts:

1) I wish the music was more vocals and less instrumental
2) The stretches are way too short, and I am not disciplined enough to do more sometimes.

But I still love the service and will keep on subscribing. I am canceling on Friday, but I will sign up again.
Old 11-05-14, 07:23 PM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn38 View Post
But a couple standouts for me have been:

Strong Upper Body + Core
Butts and Guts Live
Cardio Boxing with Stability Ball Abs
Kickbox & Barre
Imax Live

My least was favorite was Cardio Leg Blast with the High Step. But that is because I don't like leg presses and the high step makes me feel like I'm going to die.
I think those are some of my favorites too. I think Cardio Leg Blast is one of the toughest workouts she has done. At least it felt that way 2 weeks ago when I tried it.
Old 11-06-14, 08:02 AM  
Zenara25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa C View Post
I Cathe Live too!

It isn't much of a plunge. You can cancel at any time and it is only $10 a month. Sign up for a month and get access to a enough workouts that you can do a different one every day.

I have been keeping a spreadsheet on Google Drive with my notes on each workout that I've done, because it is hard to keep them all straight.

Cathe Live Spreadsheet

Anyone should be able to see it. (I hope)

My favorites are in the Blue. I think my favorites are the leg workouts and when she does more pure cardio. The ab/core work has been great in many of the workouts. The recent Strong Upper body was excellent, and I love having some upper body only workouts, since she has so many lower body workouts on dvd.

The light orange are those I have not tried. The only ones I really am not loving are the total body workouts, which are fine, but just not my favorites. Some of them feel random, and work the show muscles too much.

I have two overall complaints about the Live workouts:

1) I wish the music was more vocals and less instrumental
2) The stretches are way too short, and I am not disciplined enough to do more sometimes.

But I still love the service and will keep on subscribing. I am canceling on Friday, but I will sign up again.
Wow! Nice job on that spreadsheet Lisa C!! Very informative and helpful Thanks
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe live, cathe live favorites, cathe live workouts