Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-13, 06:31 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Inversion table

I bought one for my husband! Does anybody use them here? What do you think?

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-13, 09:23 AM  
TreeLuvr87

I don't use mine enough - I love hanging in it for a few minutes, especially after a good leg workout! I'm afraid to do it without someone else around but the only time hubby and I are in the living room together, I'm in TV mode instead of workout mode lol. Glad you got one
TreeLuvr87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-13, 09:31 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Report back how you like it. I've always wanted one.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-13, 10:03 AM  
PhyllisG

We have one and my DH loves it--uses it every day. I don't like it but that's just me. He swears by it.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-13, 01:29 PM  
starbelly

I got one when I had a bulging disc in my lower back. It was the only thing that gave me relief. I used to keep it in the living room and then I used it regularly. Now it isn't easy to access, but I did use it today for some recurring back pain. There are some important contraindications (high blood pressure, glaucoma, macular degeneration, to name a few) but for many people it is a great way to flush the lymphatic system.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-13, 02:49 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

We have one -- mostly for DH, but I get on it occasionally and it does feel great. My big problem is remembering to use it!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-13, 04:11 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

We have one and my DH loves it!! It's in our master bedroom. He used to have a bad back. But then he uses this and our hot tub. Now, he doesn't have back pain. He also had something that looks like an IPod and simulated his muscles (you can see his muscles moving). He only had to use it a few times and now he doesn't need to use it anymore.
Old 06-10-13, 04:13 PM  
DebbieRN

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbelly View Post
I got one when I had a bulging disc in my lower back. It was the only thing that gave me relief. I used to keep it in the living room and then I used it regularly. Now it isn't easy to access, but I did use it today for some recurring back pain. There are some important contraindications (high blood pressure, glaucoma, macular degeneration, to name a few) but for many people it is a great way to flush the lymphatic system.
Keeping it out is key for me and yes please note those important contraindications above. I have it sitting where my dining room table should be (a table that's not related to eating!) I've had mine for years and also use it for stretching, sit-ups (that's a great one--mini sit-ups and no pain on my boney spine). I originally got it for bad back pain (& it helped). Mine's a Teeter and really hasn't gone down in value, especially since I use it all the time. It's pretty heavy to move though, but I'm sort of a lightweight.

Debbie
DebbieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-13, 04:28 PM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieRN View Post
Keeping it out is key for me and yes please note those important contraindications above. I have it sitting where my dining room table should be (a table that's not related to eating!) I've had mine for years and also use it for stretching, sit-ups (that's a great one--mini sit-ups and no pain on my boney spine). I originally got it for bad back pain (& it helped). Mine's a Teeter and really hasn't gone down in value, especially since I use it all the time. It's pretty heavy to move though, but I'm sort of a lightweight.

Debbie
I love mine and use it regularly. Mine is also a Teeter. I use it for low back and neck pain. I also use it for stretching. It's particularly good if I've done a lot of work that tightens up my muscles (weights or core work, for example) -- it will stretch those muscles out nicely. It also feels good to stretch out my back after a lot of high impact work.

It is a little heavy, but I don't have any problem moving it. It folds up in seconds, kind of like an ironing board. Then I grab the handles and "walk" it (left, right, left, right...) over to the corner of my workout room and lean it against my folding treadmill. It takes me maybe 30 seconds to set it up or take it down.

Love my Teeter!

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-13, 05:43 PM  
Loriann

DH has had a bad back for years. Recently he "tweaked" it again - meaning he couldn't stand in a full upright position for days. We borrowed my brother's inversion table and it was wonderful for him. I have tried it even though I don't have back issues and really liked how I felt "taller" after using it.

The only problem is its size, so we found a more portable one that should be here tomorrow! We will keep in it in DH's office so he sees it and remembers to use it daily as prevention.

I'm sure your DH will love his as well.

Lori
Loriann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inversion tables