Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-23-11, 08:26 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Hmm, the Triad ball is the same size as the Firm Core ball I have. Not saying it's the same quality, but still. I think I'll try the exercises with that.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-11, 08:34 AM  
naturallove

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
Did you see the ball paired with the Level 2 DVD?

https://www.zenirgy.com/product.asp?ID=14
I want free shipping on amazon though! LOL
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-11, 08:35 AM  
naturallove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Hmm, the Triad ball is the same size as the Firm Core ball I have. Not saying it's the same quality, but still. I think I'll try the exercises with that.
I've done this with my fluidity ball and it worked well, but I'm just trying to figure out whether the Triad Ball is the same size or a bit bigger...
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-11, 01:21 PM  
RedPanda

Hmm... all the references to the Triad Ball say it's slightly larger than a regular Pilates mini-ball, (which of course vary in size).

I found this website which says the Triad ball inflates to about 9-11" in diameter.

The pink ball which comes with 10MS Quick Sculpt Pilates is 7" in diameter.

I also found this review of the Triad ball which says that "during the manufacturing process a hint of vanilla extract is added, so there is no chemical smell."

Last edited by RedPanda; 07-12-11 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Edited for geometrical accuracy
RedPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 07:07 PM  
lorajc

so does anyone here have any of the Triad Ball dvds? I'm eyeing them.....thinking of trying them???
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 08:07 PM  
RedPanda

I've ordered the TriadBall Level 2 and Standing Pilates DVDs via the Video Fitness Special International Shipping Service.

I looked up a few reviews online and people rave about the instructors' teaching skills, so I'm looking forward to them.

Pat58 reviewed the TriadBall Level 1 DVD here. Sounds really good!
Old 05-04-11, 07:26 AM  
lorajc

please do keep us posted on them. thanks
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 08:01 AM  
dickensgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
I've ordered the TriadBall Level 2 and Standing Pilates DVDs via the Video Fitness Special International Shipping Service.

I looked up a few reviews online and people rave about the instructors' teaching skills, so I'm looking forward to them.

Pat58 reviewed the TriadBall Level 1 DVD here. Sounds really good!

Great review, thanks Pat & RedP for posting I actually got these after this thread enabled me (you know who you are ) & am just waiting for official permission from PT/doctor (appt. next week) to DO them!! Can't wait- although I kinda agree with Pat's gentle 'hint' that these may not be the ticket when you're low on energy & maybe need a Disco Dojo or something They definitely look soothing to say the least...

Jeri

Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did~ Mark Twain
dickensgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-11, 03:40 PM  
RedPanda

My DVDs arrived last night. I had to work late and have only had time to preview them briefly, but I liked what I saw.

The Pilates Workout with the TRIAD Ball, Level 2 was what I was expecting from Pat's review of the Level 1 DVD - very serious with lots of form pointers and detailed cueing, no music. I won't know until I try it, of course, but I think that my pink ball from 10MS Quick Sculpt Pilates will work just fine.

The Pilates Standing Workout was odd, to put it mildly. I couldn't figure out whether the image on the front cover was a sketch or a photo, but then figured out that it's a photo which has been Photoshopped to look like a sketch.

But - get this - the film quality was the same. I felt as though I was watching two animated figures, rather than two live people. They are working out against a completely white background, similar to Charlene Prickett's notorious "white room". As well, the instructors were small on the screen with lots of white space above and below them. This is one of my pet peeves; I prefer tighter shots. To give you a better idea, the photos on this page look as though they are screen shots from the DVD.

But the actual workout looks great! I could see just from my quick preview that it will be both challenging and stretchy.

The blurb says: "Michael and Ton lead you through a powerful standing Pilates workout, incorporating many of Joseph Pilates' original standing exercises. This innovative workout will challenge your balance, coordination, flexibility and core strength."

There's also a bonus feature in which "Michael and Ton lead you through one of Joseph Pilates' most challenging original standing combinations."

Sounds good!
Old 06-15-11, 04:58 AM  
RedPanda

Quick update...

I had planned to do the Triad Ball workout tonight, but had to work later than expected, so I did the 30-minute Pilates Standing Workout instead.

It was great! I found that the sparse set helped me to really focus on what I was doing, and by the end I had a huge smile on my face. I feel totally realigned and straightened out.

Tags
ball, balls, mini ball, pilates ball, pilates mini ball, standing pilates, triad, triad ball, zenirgy