Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-20, 11:49 AM  
Buzzer

Fitprime (or WHFN?) PUMP.. DONE!

Ok. I did this one for two reasons. One, Eventmom was getting rid of it, I noticed I already have it, so I did it. Two, I have had a few spots on my body where my nervous system or something is twitchy, and making my skin that sensitive type where if you rub it or touch it, it hurts. I don't know if I have a virus or a glitch in my electrical components, so I have been kinda taking it easy. Yesterday I took a day off working out because of it, since I don't know what it is.

This was a good workout for me. I used one 15 pound weight, and my 5 pound weights. It was perfect. The 15 was almost too much for the step ups (mostly presses!) and the biceps... If she would have done just one more bicep curl, I wouldn't have been able to do it. It was a workout that made me sweat, but didn't get my heart rate up a lot. It was good for where I am right now.

I enjoyed it. Not a lot of abs, and the hip presses with one leg on the step were short. But, it was good.

Yesterday we took my car in again for the same problem... luckily I've known my mechanic my whole life (and his Dad, who used to own the shop) so he isn't charging me for the work he's doing. He ordered a different part, after investigating and seeing the leak is at another place, so I go back next week. it's good though, it gets us out. We went and wandered around hobby lobby then ate at Sonic. I keep thinking we need to do stuff while we can, especially since yesterday my email was one after another of places closing or restricting their hours or activities. Nuts.

Today LB and DH went to town, and DH is at Costco showing me how empty everything is. No dog food, meat, canned stuff, paper products... empty shelves. I think they went to looky loo more than anything!

event mom: they have cancelled schools here. Next week was spring break anyhow, so kids are learning from home next week, then spring break was happening. It's very interesting how things are closing and people are staying home! The one thing I appreciate in the "TP panic of 2020" is that people are at least stocked up and ready for some time at home.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-20, 03:37 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

thursday - kathy smith project you upper body + caribbean aerobics
friday - zena rommett floor barre + charlene prickett
saturday - getting better upper body + star trainers cardio with kendall hogan
today - ttapp brain body floor #2 then after riding in a clinic TAVA

buzzer - they sent the email to move us online thursday morning. spring break is this coming week so we all have a week to sort out getting our courses on line. We have an on line course support system - I post all my lecture notes and assignments there anyway but I'll need to work out some other details. But, apparently we have plenty of faculty who don't use it at all and will have a harder time transitioning. We had a toilet paper search - none at walmart but some at walgreens, made me late for a meeting but I was the proud owner of 12 rolls of toilet paper. We were able to get food but some items were low.

hi ebianco!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 04:25 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Sorry I am soooo behind It has been so crazy, as I'm sure you guys know, with the coronavirus scare, and it has greatly impacted work being busy for me.

Anyway my routine has been three days a week Pure Barre online, and two arms/abs days.

This week I started yesterday with a Pure Barre online...so the honeymoon is over I've pretty much done all of the full length workouts and repeated many of the short ones too. At first I LOVED them, then I really liked them, then I okay liked them, then this week I'm like UGH can I do something else? Even other barre workouts So it was time to cancel my subscription. I cancelled today and awesome timing as they would have billed me again tomorrow, so it was a good time to cut off. I told them in my cancellation notes that they haven't had new content since November 2019.

Today I did WHFN Fitprime, one of the compilations where there is 15 minute upper and lower body workouts. Last week I did Volume 1 both upper body 15 minute workouts (they were split between muscle groups) and this week I did Volume 2 both upper body. I definitely like the Volume 1 compilation better. I have a taste to do more Fitprime/Firm although I'm still generally enjoying the barre work.

Buzzer and Eventmom How are you guys doing with the coronavirus? I'm sequestered and really not leaving the house, except to go to walks around the neighborhood. I'm so glad we moved into the new house (still have to sell the old house...believe it will sell very fast regardless of the coronavirus)

They have cancelled schools here too..for the next two weeks. I am teleworking full time until further notice. Who knows how this is all going to develop. Stay safe and on the plus side it is a great time to get caught up on home workouts LOL.
Old 03-19-20, 04:53 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

hey ebianco - great to hear from you!

workouts
Monday - 30 essentrics stretch
Tuesday - ttapp 20 brain body fitness then cardio later in the day
Wednesday - Kathy Smith cardio - Janice Ballet - from the set that had a moment on GD, I like this one, moves slowly (which is good right now) it's 40 min total, about 10 minute stretch at the end.
Today - Joyce Vedral Fat Burning vol 1 + your body breakthrough cardio + 10 min KS meditation

I'm not a huge meditation person - it hasn't been life changing when I tried it in the past - but I like kathy smith and hers are ones I can handle right now.

ebianco - glad you can work at home! I feel for all the restaurant and shop workers who are not working. some businesses can pay sick leave, but some small ones just don't have it.

ebianco & buzzer - DH and I are working from home. DH is a division director (think department head) and has been in many many virtual meetings. OU decided we will be on line through the end of the semester. I think most of us can manage to teach on line but no one has thought about what if a professor gets too sick to teach? what about students that get sick how will we know? I honestly have no idea when we will go back to in person teaching. I don't think it will be business as usual in a couple of weeks. Commencement has been canceled and as the mom of a graduating senior I'm just so pissed about that!

I went and took a jumping lesson Tuesday - it was me and the trainer so I'll have to decide about keeping that up. We were finally getting back to our usual abilities with jumping and don't want to back slide. All horse shows have been canceled. We aren't letting our daughter some home right now, calling her and we are going to do a virtual family dinner on Sunday. We'll pay for her take out and use zoom or skype to talk. She obviously doesn't have any movie work happening so it's a shame for all the graduating students who will have so much trouble finding jobs.

okay that's enough! I'm trying to get my research done but I've reading too much on line news!
Old 03-20-20, 06:45 AM  
Buzzer

volume 1... DONE!
12 minute cardio... DONE! (all of them)
Super Sculpting... DONE!

Also a rest day or two in there. I have done some sleeping in after some middle of the night wakes, and haven't gotten the workout in later like I'd like.

volume 1 was good. killed my outer thighs with the floor work, of course!! I used 12's as my heavy weight for most of it. I was surprised how well I was able to get through it!! I am starting to pick up my feet more in the runs, and I'm not dragging through the cardio as much as I used to.

The 12 minute cardio was good also, I jazzed it up a bit, did the warms ups higher impact and did all the warm up stretches. I figure this workout I am using for OK cardio days, and days where I want to get more stretching in. I was surprised and disappointed this workout clocked in at 45 minutes, so I tried to add on another workout (the Tamila Hastie one... cardio burn?) because I have it marked as 1/2 cardio, 1/2 weights, but I ended up not liking it. It was step, her cuing seemed bad, I was having trouble following it, so I decided I was done. Good enough

Yesterday I did super sculpting. I decided, I don't know why, I would do the whole thing with nothing but 15's and 5's. I would rest if I needed to, but I would try to push my way through. And I did. And it hurt. I made weird noises, but tried to keep my form. I DID IT!! I almost died, but I did it. I really was ready to break my commitment during Dale's part of the workout. Once those upright rows started, I found I skipped quite a few reps. But I persevered!

About 10 minutes before the end, right where I was doing the last set of pushups and arguing with myself about the 15 and 5 pound decision, I looked out the window and saw a lady (we got over a foot of snow) driving her little hybrid something up the hill, she slid sideways, backed up, slid again, backed up, and slid sideways again. She was stuck. Our road was nothing but ice with a foot of snow on it, I'm surprised she got that far. So I threw on my clothes, grabbed a snow shovel, and tried to shovel her out. She was high centered in a ditch, she wasn't moving. a white car, sideways in the road, in a foot of snow on a good hill. She was gonna get hit if we didn't move her.

Luckily there wasn't a lot of traffic today. so I got a break in my workout (or added to my workout?) by shoveling and trying to push a car. DH eventually pulled her out with his big 4 Runner, and we had her park her car on our land until the snow plow comes through and she can drive up the street. She's a neighbor at the top of the block, so it worked out. We got to meet someone new, too!

So my workout also consisted of shoveling a car out, plus shoveling our front walk that leads to my workout room about 4 or 5 times.

My rest day I also played badminton with LB for about 90 minutes, and got in about 11,000 steps. It hasn't been too bad!

I have spent more time than necessary on the internet researching the new mandates coming down from the government about businesses and sanitation practices. There was one yesterday here that we weren't sure if it applied to DH's business, so I had to research it. It was worded in a way that made us wonder if we fell into the category of "closed by government mandate". Turns out we aren't. DH has moved to "by appointment only", locked the door and if people show up, they need to call to be let in so the employees can decide if they will let them in. Plus he has upped the sanitation practices, they are wearing gloves, the customers keep or we sanitize all pens people use to sign things, and everything is sanitized after the customer leaves before the next one comes in. It's very crazy, time consuming, and expensive for us.

He said he has work for his employees to do for another day or two. We are hoping for more work to come in via internet or walk in. He really, really doesn't want to close and have his employees lose their wages (aka their livelihood!) but we can't afford to support them, plus pay rent, utilities, etc (all the costs of running a business) on our own. DH is looking into SBA stuff, but it's time consuming also and they want a crap ton of info on you that DH is weighing whether it's worth it. Have no idea, as business owners, what this all is going to do to us. We still have to pay the bills!!

Anyhow, my days have been consumed following fast moving info, researching, trying to find hand sanitizer or figure out how to make it if we run out at the shop, and also whenever any of LB's friends in the neighborhood want to get together to play, I have been letting her. I figure do it now before we are locked in the house for a month or more!!!

we have upped our vitamin consumption, and I am cooking more at home which I'm sure is healthier. I am grateful we have our acreage now for LB to be out and play!

Eventmom: I am so sad for your daughter . I understand what she's going through. I have a niece who is a Senior in high school and she is devastated that her Senior year is now away from her friends and she probably will not have a commencement She has a friend from out of the country, and that girl is getting sent home. She can't even say good bye. It's just too much for young minds to comprehend. I'm glad you are able to have a virtual dinner with your daughter. This whole thing is just mind blowing, and I hope it's over sooner than they are saying!

Ebianco and Eventmom: I was looking at all the businesses mandated to close, and if I still worked, I would have been out of a job with both of my professions. the amount of empathy I feel for these people is almost too much. I would have panicked. I"m glad you both can work from home!! My sisters and brother in laws are able to work from home too. DH always has, so he's good! I do hope your house sells fast.

I'm glad you, Ebianco, are in your new one though! You can spend your time in your fancy new resort house, enjoying it and really moving in Good for you for cancelling your Pure Barre right in the nick of time!! HA! That's awesome, the timing. Plus you are doing Fitprimes, so let me know which ones you are finding now are the harder ones, and which ones are the easier! I am using you and Eventmom's previous comments when I am looking at them. I guess a shut in is a good time to go through that box of Fitprimes and Kickbutts I have!! I seriously ordered like 20 of them at one time, when they were on sale for like $2 or $3 each. They are still in the box (although I opened it)all lined up, ready for me to take them out one at a time. Might be a silver lining in all of this after all
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 03-20-20, 01:13 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

charlene cardio around 20 + floor barre 40 minutes

buzzer - I'll bet your extra glad to be home schooling right now! I'm grateful that we can keep teaching via technology. 10 years ago? Not sure what would have happened. But I'm pretty distracted by the news. I did go out today - needed to get a horse trailer tire repaired (to me essential b/c of possibility of needed to move a sick/injured horse), and get horse feed. But we are trying to stay at home. That is very sad for your niece. Honestly I think HS graduation is more meaningful that college - DD had known some of those kids 14 years! It's sad for sure. Or not getting your Ph.D. hood? That graduation was the one that meant the most to me. Enjoy those fitprimes!

hi ebianco!
Old 03-23-20, 10:17 AM  
Buzzer

Firm Vol 2.. DONE!

I took 2 days "off" this weekend. Both days I decided instead of working out early in the morning (I always go out at 7am) I would wait until the afternoon so I could have an excuse for an hour break. Both days, we had the kids from down the street over. We went sledding Saturday and ended up taking the 2 girls home to play, they left about 8pm. Then yesterday we went sledding again, they came, and again came home with us until about t7:45pm! so we spent seriously from about 11am to 8pmish playing both days. It was fun!

I did sled yesterday with LB for about 2 hours. Continually down a good sized hill, and hiking back up. I figure it was a good HIIT workout! HA! so I guess yesterday may have been considered a cardio day!

So there are 3 of us families up here that have been getting together. The amount of people we have all been in contact with has been very small. So we are all trying to get the kids together while we can to play. So it seems like whenever the opportunity to get together comes up, I jump at it!! LB is gonna be exhausted at this rate!

DH did say that he's thinking the play dates will come to an end soon, I hope not. so far so good.

Eventmom: I am glad we homeschool! First of all because of all the contact with other kids, second because it isn't like I have to try to reinvent the wheel with her at home. We were ahead on days anyhow (we have to turn in 172 to the state), so we are just taking it a bit more leisurely. My sister is right now moving my nephew out of his dorm. He's very sad! Luckily some of his friends are up there right now too, so she stayed in a hotel while her son and his friends had one last night together in the dorms. I just can't even imagine.

They literally left the dorm for spring break, and then ended up having to move out. Just sad.

My niece who is a senior is taking it OK, although it is really hard on her. She's holding onto hope that they will go back to school at least for a few weeks. It hasn't been cancelled until the end of the year (yet), so I think that's keeping her from being as sad as she could be.

We are trying to stay home or with the other 2 families as much as possible. No more trips to town, no days away for me. DH laid off his employees so they could file for unemployment, and asked them that if he gets any orders, if they work on it he will pay them a commission. They all agreed and he has let them know when this is over, as soon as he can, he will hire them back. They have been really nice and understanding through this. DH has been just torn up about it. So, his shop is closed, and we are hoping people who are still employed will buy something

Good news though, we are almost out of dog food, and it's been out of stock at Costco (.com). It was in stock today! I ordered a bag! It says one per member, I placed 2 orders and am praying they let us have both. we have 2 hungry, big dogs to feed. I hope this doesn't go on too much longer!!!!

Ebianco: I hope you guys are doing well, enjoying your new house, and staying home!!! Hopefully for all of us it's just a blip by this time next year!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 03-23-20, 11:30 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

saturday - kundalini for adrenals and kidney
sunday - TA beg #2 + 20 min TA cardio
today - Traci Long Strength in Movement

so I found 5 min Kathy Smith meditation I can actually tolerate. I keep being pressured by dr. to do mediation for headaches I've tried lots of time has never helped but can stand 5 min.

buzzer - it must be hard with kids! We did a virtual family dinner with DD and her boyfriend last night. We all got takeout (same bbq place but different locations) and then we used zoom and talked while we ate. DD is in an apartment and her roommate moved out (no notice to the apartment complex, bedroom door locked but dd was walking yesterday and the roommate left the window open, she's changed her phone number so the apartment complex can't track her down total sh*t show.) but bottom line, she doesn't have to move or put up with the lousy roommate.

hi ebianco!
Old 03-24-20, 09:41 AM  
Buzzer

Super Cardio Mix... DONE!

Well, kinda done. I started pooping out after Dale's part, and was so grateful to see Dale even then. After Dale was done, I was kinda half-a$$ing it, then for the last step I didn't use the step, and just kinda.... did it. I did skip a lot of the arm movements in the workout, a lot of the jumping, and about the time they did the rainbow arms with leg crossing over (knee up, whatever) I was about done with jumping. There's one set where she does so many wide marches, side to side hops, etc all side to side, and it hurts my hips. So I shortened it up, and also did some heels taps instead of tapping toes to the side with wide legs. I don't like the sore hips set.

Other than that, it sounds like I kinda sucked, but it was a good workout!!

DH just texted to me that we are gonna go into shelter in place starting 5pm tonight until April 6 in our county . I have a car appointment this morning, so I am kinda grateful for it since we won't be going out again for a while. I'm an introvert, and I guess I am less of an introvert when LB is around. I would have welcomed a shelter in place when I was living alone, but now with an active 7 year old, I am not excited!! She's gonna make me crazy!!

Eventmom: Sounds like the trash took itself out on the roommate situation! Sorry she was a jerk when she left, but glad it's over for your daughter!

Hi Ebianco! Hope you guys are doing well!! Stay healthy!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 03-24-20, 09:59 AM  
Buzzer

I just want to add that I went to the local news site to check on the shelter in place order, and one of the headlines was "Eagles officially postpone their concerts at Pepsi Center". I laughed a little too hard at that Eventmom!!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14