Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-20, 12:18 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

friday - first vcore practice including warm up and stretch + 20 TA cardio
today - kundalini for kidney & adrenals

first week of classes done, and too many meetings. I'm scrambling more than I'd like to be but it's not terrible if the meetings would go away I'd be okay.

buzzer - sorry I typed the wrong name when I gave teh book name, geez! be careful working out, you've been sick.

ebianco - I'm planning on one MR per week (over 2 days) to rebuild. She's not flashy that's for sure but I like her calmness.

have a great day!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 01:10 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday!

Today I did MR Getting Better the arm portion then 10MS Belly Blasters two of the chapters like I did last week, and really enjoyed it. I used ankle weights to make it a little harder. Then a yoga-type cool down for a 50 minute workout.

Eventmom I also really like how calm MR is, and the jazzy music, and she says some funny things too, like 'you can use heavier weights, I give you permission' LOL.

Buzzer waves!
Old 01-18-20, 06:16 PM  
Buzzer

Firm Ballroom Aerobics... DONE!

I have this one listed as a fun, not too tough workout, and since I did 2 basics with weights two days in a row, I did this one. I used my new bottom portion of the Fanny Lifter I just got, and it was a bit too high for the workout, for where I'm at.

I didn't go into it with a ton of spunk, so it isn't like I wore myself out from being too 80's aerobics instructor-y. I think it was just stepping up too high. It was fun though! The time flew. By the time I decided I couldn't do another step up on the high step part, I pushed it out of the way and went to the floor... and there were only 2 step ups left . that part cracked me up.

I am feeling better and better! Last night I was sooooo pooped. I took no sleep aids, and slept 8 1/2 hours!!! That was so cool! Cute little LB apparently woke up during the night and moved out to the living room to sleep on her big (probably 6 foot) tall bear my parents gave her. He's been in our family for about 35 years, and she just got him. She's in LOVE with him. She put sticky notes all over the place for me saying "kids on the flooer" and two that were on the floor by the bear, that said "kids ---->" so I would know she was on the bear. So cute!!!

I moved around my workout room so that instead of having the weights I use all lined up on the floor and the weight rack being off in the corner, I moved the weight rack to a more accessible area off to the side of my workout area so hopefully I can keep my weights off the floor and on the rack.

Eventmom: I noticed the wrong name, but since I knew the message was for me it was all good! HA! I forgot this would be your week back to school. I hope it goes well for you. So stressful! Being a teacher is so much different than being a student!

Ebianco: I'm glad to hear the house is on track... again! I hope it all works out for you. Are you staying in the same area, or making a total change? are you moving in the same state? So exciting and stressful too. I love MR. She's annoying sometimes, but I adore her workouts! She is so relaxed and makes you feel like working out is no big deal. She even looks amazing as the got older. She is so relaxed that when I start to feel the work, I'm surprised. Which is funny, because I've been doing MR for years and am still surprised at how hard she is!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-20, 10:52 AM  
Buzzer

The Firm Fat Blaster... DONE!

I wanted to do the workout that was vol 1 lite, that way I could get back into the volumes. I'm feeling better and better, but not better enough for the volumes yet. Yesterday was a great cardio day, so I wanted to do a more weights day. I looked up in my past check in to see what the vol 1 lite was, and when I went to my workout room, I started looking through my DVD's and found it right away.

The whole time I was doing it, I was thinking "this isn't like vol 1 at ALL. What was I thinking???" it was all cardio and lite weights. I did it, but was disappointed that it wasn't at all what I thought it was.

I looked back at my workouts after I was done, and I wanted fat BURNER, not fat BLASTER. ugh. I did lots of step, some tall box climbs, and lots of cardio. It was good, and I'm OK with it, but I wish I would have grabbed fat blaster!!! Tomorrow. I will grab it tomorrow. I wish they didn't have such confusing titles for their workouts!!

Good cardio workout though.

Yesterday I had a few hours to myself, and I went to goodwill to see if the other part of my Fanny Lifter was there. It wasn't. doggone it. I got the lower portion for $1.99, so I bit the bullet and ordered the upper portion for $34.99 off eBay. I found a flyer for the Fanny Lifter new, and it was $59.99 (then on sale for $5 off!) so I figure I'm still paying less for it than if it were new. All the upper portions I could find on the web were around $35 plus shipping, so about $45+. I figured I was getting the cheapest one, with the little black rubber feet on it, that I could. I was still getting it for less than it was new (so my total will be about $36 for both parts) and less than all the ones listed right now where I could find it. I'm sure now that I've spent the money I'll find it for $10 at a garage sale or something, but for now I am at peace with my decision.

I used the lower portion today for my short box work, and I do love how it takes up less space, and I can move it around easier than my big transfirmer.

I am considering myself starting over on my firm rotation, and am back to counting my first basics as 1 and 2 in this rotation. I just took too much time off to consider it still as the same rotation, IMO.

LB was up late, she was crying because she loves me and because she got a new tiger at American Furniture and hugging it is like hugging her big blow up dinosaur. I told her once she gets some history with her new tiger, she hangs out with it, they go through a sickness or two, and watch TV together, she will hug him and feel differently.

poor thing was pooped! I don't know what time DH finally put her to bed, I was totally out.

Hope you guys are having a good weekend!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 01-19-20, 03:26 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA intermediate (from the beginner mat) + dc 1.2

wow We are checkin fanatics this weekend, yeah us.

buzzer - first week went okay just so much prep because the book I used for the stat course changed and my boss loves to pile up meetings and job candidate interviews when she isn't teaching (even though most of us are).

ebianco - sometimes I'm dying from reps and miss MRs jokes lol.
Old 01-20-20, 10:19 AM  
Buzzer

Fat Burning... DONE!

Ok. This was not the workout I thought it was. I looked back through my workouts too, thinking I would figure it out... nope. I thought this was the firm vol 1 "lite", but it's not. I have no idea what workout that was! I'm sure in my Firm rotation I will find it again!

I do remember doing this workout before. It is a good one. It's a basic, but it was fun. I can tell I"m feeling better because I added in arms and cha cha's when they were just doing the steps. I focused and flexed and tried to flex the muscles that I was using. It was good. I am still a bit snotty and goobery, but I was a bit more spunky than the basics instructors, so I think I'm on the road to going back to my regular volumes!

I am enjoying the slower pace and the more gentle cuing. Even the stretches are more high energy in the regular volumes. Only one exercise didn't use the light weights (I used 5's), that was the lat rows. I think next time if I do this video again, I will use heavier weights. They do 8 reps of stuff instead of 12-16 like the volumes. I think the basics are good, however it's a big leap from these to the volumes!! I did do the pushups with my hands on my transfirmer and in plank position. I like that they do 2 sets of 8 reps (and 2, 3 second holds) because it is much more doable than the two sets of 16 reps of the volumes!!

Yesterday was kinda a lazy day. We did church, than had a potluck after. We did some magformers and games, then LB and I went up the street to her BFF's house for a stuffed animal kangaroo rat birthday party . It was fun though. LB made the kangaroo rat a card, and brought her own kangaroo rat to the party. They made the stuffie a cake, blew out candles, and ate cake. then it kinda turned into a playdate, where LB played with them, and I talked to the Mom. It was fun though, and killed about an hour and a half. We both agreed that we would show the pictures at their weddings when they are older.

Today is get ready for CC day and hopefully play with the kids up the street. They got a new puppy and we are dying to see it!!

LB was up until 10:10pm (at least) because she kept coming in and hugging me. I would start to fall asleep, she'd sneak in and hug me. She is adorable.

Eventmom: I always hated having bosses who would get bored and decide everyone was!! I think that's why my one boss micromanaged people. She was looking for someone to do, so she'd make someone her "project". We always tried to hide and go below the radar whenever she did that. Hopefully her job picks up soon and she backs off!!

Ebianco: hope everything is going well!!

Look at all of us, getting back into checking in. I am even able to find our check in on the "new posts" pages!!! HAHA!! We all kinda faded for the holidays I think.
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 01-20-20, 03:30 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA intermediate and shine workout 30 min - that was fun,

buzzer - my boss isn't bored but when she is teaching (she teaches less) she doesn't want the hassle of too many meetings so she crams them into when she's not, but I'm super busy with teaching right now and have to find 4-8 hours every week for meetings rather than spreading them out. Hope you figure out which one was firm 1 lite soon, was it a sculpting? I remember you saying that about some workout!

hi ebianco!
Old 01-21-20, 04:58 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all!

So we are definitely getting the house. It is still setting in after soooo much back and forth but I'm becoming very excited and finally planning out all the packing. We are planning to move in early-mid February. Buzzer to answer your question we are only moving about 15 miles down the street, same regional area but slightly farther away from the rest of my family (which all lives very close within a 20 minute drive). Now we will be more like a 40 minute drive, so no biggie

Sunday: Pure Barre Focus - Arms all but the actual arms part LOL. This one was great and I really felt it. I added an ankle weights and loop for the side laying part which made it MUCH more challenging. Next time I think I'll also try a loop for the standing seat, which wasn't otherwise incredibly tough. With my modifications it was a great workout!

Yesterday and today: planned rest days

Eventmom Yeah callout great for all of us checking in more!!

Buzzer That is really funny about the Firm Fat Blaster vs. Fat Burner. LOL! I haven't done Fat Burner yet but I have it, will work up to that now when my knee feels better. I liked the 'volume 1 but easier' review! I used to do Fat Blaster ALL the time. I love the "tri-trainers" in this one and the abs is really good too.
Old 01-22-20, 10:28 AM  
Buzzer

Firm Fat Burner... DONE!

This is the right fat burner. Seriously. So there's a fat burner "basics" and just a fat burner. The basics one is a mansion set one, and the other one is a jungle set. Two different workouts. So confusing!!

I had the fat burner that I didn't expect in my DVD folder, and I was getting ready to workout and thinking of how I wanted to find the other one (the vol 1 lite). I looked at my DVD's still in their cases, and there was ANOTHER fat burner. I pulled it out and looked at the pic on the back and it is the poofy shorts lady!! I found the workout!

So, I did it. It was just as fun as I remember. She does like 8 leg shoots at the end, and some inner thigh lifts. I think it would be good if I put on some light leg weights. I used 5's, 10's and 12's. I do like this one!! I can see funking it up to make it a bit tougher. It is definitely a step between basics and the volumes.

Some of the music is too loud and almost drowns out the instructor, and some of the music is kinda annoying (the web footed friend track and there's a track with singing in it). It's a good workout though.

So yesterday we did CC, I did after noon care, then we went straight to a friends house, played, talked, and then LB went to Awanas with their kids. She loved it. As I went to get her from her room, I heard someone say "Owen" and I looked down and there was a boy, Owen, from LB's preschool. I was all excited and said "Owen? From (the name ) preschool??" the poor kid looked all confused and the Dad was kinda tentative and said "yes" I was all "Oh my goodness!! I haven't seen you in forever! You look the same, just taller! So good to see you again!" and they were kinda "heh heh" and walked away. I think I just freaked out a family!! HA!

he was in the same room as LB, so I asked him if he saw LB and he said "yes" so at least I didn't look quite as creepy. I at least had a legit connection.

So we were gonna just chill today since we were gone from 8am to 8:45pm yesterday. One of my friends who homeschools also called and has some emergency medical tests she needs done, and needs to have her kids watched. So LB and I are going over there 9:30 until about 1:30 today. I think I am socialized out, but we will go.

Ebianco: I am SO HAPPY to hear your house is a go!! Congratulations! That's so exciting! Is this a forever home now? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

Eventmom:Hope things are going well for you, and have calmed down a bit!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 01-22-20, 12:55 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - 30 min essentrics stretch. I decided to ride on a day I have to teach and it got me very behind. there's a reason I don't ride on teaching days.
today- MR high voltage 1st half + charlene. So this is a really old MR but I think it's my favorite.

buzzer - ok now I want that firm... sigh. glad you found it.

ebianco - such great news on the house! glad it's not a huge move but I'm sure it's still a ton of work.

waves!