Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-17, 09:42 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
And a quick note on the Fit Split case: it's a four-DVD case with two overlapping DVDs on each side, so you have to remove the front DVD to get at the back one, like THIS CASE. I will replace it with a better one.
I'm a bit disappointed about the overlapping dvd case (even though it's a minor disappointment). Her multi-dvd case choices were good previously, though I'm not sure there was a prior series necessitating a 4-disc case; usually there are more than 4 discs.

I remember there was some unhappiness with the original STS cases when that set was first released*, so they made an effort (and special announcement about the multi-dvd case they chose for LIS) when the Low Impact Series came out. Here's a link to the old LIS multi-dvd case announcement: https://cathe.com/limited-edition-dvd-case

*I bought STS later on so can't comment on what the issues were with the original packaging. I just remember that they seemed to put more thought into the LIS packaging as a result (perhaps).
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-17, 03:43 AM  
smilingwolf

I completed boxing bootcamp along with legs and glutes. It was really a lot of fun.
The legs and glutes section was pretty tough, especially with prefatigued legs. Just wait till you do the push dips off the step.
Wow, does that exercise get you right in the glute area. This was immediately followed by cross back sliding lunges.
By the time I got to the lunges on the step (bulgarian split squats) I was ready to stop.
If you want a real leg burner, this workout is it. Cathe sure loves her pulses, so be prepared.
smilingwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-17, 08:53 AM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I agree that it's a decent workout, but I think the intensity is less than the HiiTs from the Shock Cardio series.
Thank God!! I really find Shock HiiT quite the dread. It's one of her more cardio challenging dvds for me, so much so, that I find I don't really enjoy it. I see she does the hops around the step. Absolutely hate those, but oh well.

I will get mine on Tuesday. It was out for delivery yesterday, but I live in the "boonies", so I think our mail service isn't really up to par. No biggie!

Glad you liked the workout overall.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-17, 09:41 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I did the Low Impact Cardio/Metabolic Conditioning Workout this morning. I have to say I love this one! The Cardio has a nice variety and I even forgive Cathe for the up and down on the floor with the sliding discs. My favorite new Cardio move is the swing out with your arms then pull in with your knees. I thought it was fun!

The metabolic workout was perfectly paced, not rushed so you had a chance to breathe between sets. I liked the set up of a combination of compound moves mixed with isolation. Overall it has an emphasis on upper body to balance out the set which has the lower body workout. I agree about the intensity, it’s not killer which is fine with me. I think it’s tougher than the ICE series (minus the add on blasts) but not as hard as her other series. Love that, it’s like a polished Cathe Live! 👍 😀
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-17, 01:09 PM  
s2546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
I did the Low Impact Cardio/Metabolic Conditioning Workout this morning. I have to say I love this one! The Cardio has a nice variety and I even forgive Cathe for the up and down on the floor with the sliding discs. My favorite new Cardio move is the swing out with your arms then pull in with your knees. I thought it was fun!

The metabolic workout was perfectly paced, not rushed so you had a chance to breathe between sets. I liked the set up of a combination of compound moves mixed with isolation. Overall it has an emphasis on upper body to balance out the set which has the lower body workout. I agree about the intensity, it’s not killer which is fine with me. I think it’s tougher than the ICE series (minus the add on blasts) but not as hard as her other series. Love that, it’s like a polished Cathe Live! 👍 😀
This. Yes!!

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-17, 01:14 PM  
Fitstick

I also tried the lo impact metabolic workout this morning and thought it was good and thorough, moving at a good pace but not frantic. I thought it was a winner. Looking forward to trying some of the others and checking out the premixes.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-17, 02:25 PM  
upperwside

When will they be on demand? I am in Canada,, so my dvds may take a few more days.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-17, 04:26 PM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

I stuck in the Cardio Metabolic one but there was no premix at around the 30-minute mark. In fact, all the premixes were completely lame, with no mixing of the two sections AT ALL. Huge disappointment. So I put in Mixed Impact Cardio Push Pull or whatever and had the same disappointment: horrible premixes that don't mix any of the sections. So what's the point of premixes?

Ended up doing the Mixed Cardio premix and it was okay. Just lots of moves repeated for 28 minutes. I guess I'm just getting really sick of that format; it makes me pay attention to the clock too much, because you never really just get lost in the routine. Instead, you're counting reps, or counting rounds. Maybe it's just me, but there's such a samey quality to all of the latest workouts.

Donna H
Old 12-31-17, 05:47 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHKWriter View Post
I stuck in the Cardio Metabolic one but there was no premix at around the 30-minute mark. In fact, all the premixes were completely lame, with no mixing of the two sections AT ALL. Huge disappointment. So I put in Mixed Impact Cardio Push Pull or whatever and had the same disappointment: horrible premixes that don't mix any of the sections. So what's the point of premixes?

Ended up doing the Mixed Cardio premix and it was okay. Just lots of moves repeated for 28 minutes. I guess I'm just getting really sick of that format;
I didn’t order this set but have most of Cathe’s workouts. I find her premixes usually leave me longing for what could have been. There’s so much potential there but they usually miss the mark.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-17, 05:55 PM  
HRCFitness

I did the Boxing one today and really loved it. I couldn’t do the weight part as my knee was bothering me. But I really did like the boxing. Agree the cueing is a bit slow but I know once I do it a few times that won’t be an issue.

I do miss Amanda - I’m excited about these workouts; I like the half cardio and then weights.
HRCFitness is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, fit split, fit split reviews