Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-01-17, 09:57 AM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula View Post
I've used the Alpha Body lotion with 12% AHA for a long time and like it very much. I do not use it on my face - I use a Paula's Choice AHA gel for my face. Both are good, the Alpha is less expensive than Paula's Choice.
I have used the Alpha 10% oil-free gel and liked it. I'm using Differin now, so I am not using any other exfoliants. I really like what Differin has done for my skin - it works well for "aging" skin as well as acne. I may incorporate some AHA on my nights off from Differin to see how I tolerate it as I have a tube of the Alpha Gel at home.....(got it at a buy one, get one sale!)

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 11:19 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
If you are looking for an AHA product - Alpha has many to chose from.

https://www.neotericcosmetics.com/sh...pha-skin-care/

I think some of their line is sold at Ulta

Donna
Unfortunately, it's no longer at Ulta. It's also at the Dermstore. I ordered their AHA cleanser, and it was free shipping.
Old 12-14-17, 02:24 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Jessicurl is offering free shipping over $5.00 and 25% off 8oz size products until Dec. 24.

See below for codes:

Quote:
And, if you are willing to give it another try, we are offering two coupons for the holidays; use HOLLY to save shipping on orders over $5.00 shipping to U.S. addresses until December 24 and/or use code JOLLY to save 25% on all of our 8 ounce sizes.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-17, 04:23 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
If you were to use just a couple of masks which ones would you use? Thanks!
This https://www.hanacure.com

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-17, 04:54 PM  
TracyQ

I had a medical facial at an upscale dermatologist’s office today. (Chin started breaking out at 54 years old—I’ve been under a tremendous amount of stress this month—and my pores were clogged ). Joy!!

The aesthetician tried selling me some very expensive/procedures and products. (Fraxel Laser and Skin Ceutical products.). When I told her I wasn’t their typical clientele and I couldn’t afford those products and services she said if you want to get just one really excellent product to bring home it would be Skin Ceuticals Phloretin CF Gel (Vitamin C serum). She put some on my face and it was really nice. She said it gives a dewy look. I want a dewy look (who doesn’t?). It’s $176.00 for a three month supply. That’s too expensive. I asked if there was something less expensive but comparable. She suggested Drunk Elephant C Firma (they don’t sell it there). I went online and it costs $80 and has some excellent reviews. I’ve never tried Drunk Elephant products but I think I am going to order it. Has anyone tried it?

Old 12-15-17, 05:49 PM  
seabliss

I haven't tried Drunk Elephant, but Cosmetic Skin Solutions makes very good dupes of Skinceuticals serums for much lower prices. Here is their Phloretin dupe. It's also available on Amazon.
Old 12-15-17, 06:04 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabliss View Post
I haven't tried Drunk Elephant, but Cosmetic Skin Solutions makes very good dupes of Skinceuticals serums for much lower prices. Here is their Phloretin dupe. It's also available on Amazon.
Thank you Seabliss. Their products are much more reasonably priced. I think I’ll try the Phloretin.

Old 12-15-17, 07:34 PM  
kmissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
I had a medical facial at an upscale dermatologist’s office today. (Chin started breaking out at 54 years old—I’ve been under a tremendous amount of stress this month—and my pores were clogged ). Joy!!

The aesthetician tried selling me some very expensive/procedures and products. (Fraxel Laser and Skin Ceutical products.). When I told her I wasn’t their typical clientele and I couldn’t afford those products and services she said if you want to get just one really excellent product to bring home it would be Skin Ceuticals Phloretin CF Gel (Vitamin C serum). She put some on my face and it was really nice. She said it gives a dewy look. I want a dewy look (who doesn’t?). It’s $176.00 for a three month supply. That’s too expensive. I asked if there was something less expensive but comparable. She suggested Drunk Elephant C Firma (they don’t sell it there). I went online and it costs $80 and has some excellent reviews. I’ve never tried Drunk Elephant products but I think I am going to order it. Has anyone tried it?

I’m new to the skincare game, but I just started using ordinary products. I have their vitamin c, but I just got it yesterday so too soon to tell results. I always try cheaper products first.
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-17, 12:59 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post

Timeless Vitamin C serum is supposed to be a Skinceuticals dupe. Also, Skin Deva has a similar Vitamin C serum that is good too.
Old 12-16-17, 08:56 AM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Timeless Vitamin C serum is supposed to be a Skinceuticals dupe. Also, Skin Deva has a similar Vitamin C serum that is good too.
I second the Timeless products. Very good price. Which blogger recommends it? Flashy at 50 or something like that.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty thread, beauty tips, dr dray, hotandflashy, makeupalley, paulas choice