Old 12-02-17, 05:47 AM  
pharma_gal

What is the one year challenge?
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 06:40 AM  
Calistro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
keep I just want to keep exercising to feel good, be flexible and ache-free. That's my goal for 2018.
That is a great goal in itself

especially after reading this.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/min...BLU?li=BBoPH6F
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 08:33 AM  
Sandrine

Great thread, Vintage VF-er! Thanks for posting this--it really made me think. So...
2018 Goals
Consistency --maintain 2/3 average, i. e., workout at least 20-21 days/month;

Strength--increase poundage on Firm w/o's so that "heavy"=12 lbs (15 for French press); use more instructors in this category (I tend to stick with Firm);

Flexibility--continue dedicating (at least) one day per week to yoga; get back into habit of stretching whenever I watch tv in the evening.

Cardio--branch out from Cathe.

Attack P90X, which I only recently acquired. Figure out how to modify, by working in days with other instructors so I don't o.d. on Tony and quit. (It's not that I dislike Tony, it's that I like Cathe, Firms, Fitprime, Keli, Gilad, etc. so much!)

Come to vf daily. I learn so much from everyone here, and continue to be intrigued by the differences and similarities in our fitness journeys.
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 08:55 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Exercise consistently - 6 days a week - ideally bike/walking for cardio, Pilates By Lisa daily, and a couple of traditional strength workouts each week.

I would love to lose 5 to 10 pounds, but it would take a lot of work and discipline, maybe more than I want to put in at this stage of my life.

Basically I want to do whatever it takes to feel good, stay strong, and stay as pain-free and flexible as is reasonably possible, given my body and arthritis.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 09:15 AM  
JeepGirl

I was just diagnosed with severe osteopenia in the hips and lower spine. Knock me over with a feather! With all my years of working out and feeling pretty good I didn't expect that. Of course I searched vf and the net and read some recommended books. For right now I'm going to focus on rebounding, walking outside and Leslie/Jessica/Stephanie, and I've been checking out some specific workouts marketed as bone building such as Bonesmart pilates and the new Lee Holden ones. I just got a weighted vest to wear while walking also. Right before my DXA scan I'd gotten a Fitbit and a Cubii to increase my NEAT and had bought a bunch of Joel Harper workouts. I work as a Child Protection Investigator and while it is stressful in general lately it has been over the top. We are short staffed, tons of overtime, way way way too many cases and I literally have parents od'ing on at least a weekly basis. The Harper workouts looked good because they're short, can be done barefoot and don't require a lot of equipment and that's appealing with my job demands. So my goal is 10k steps a day between dog walks and moving more, a short cardio, a short strength, and to get extra NEAT with the cubii at work. And lose 20 pounds. 😁.
I have to figure out how to get this all in!
JeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 05:03 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Its a program.

https://www.amazon.com/Year-One-Chal...enge+for+women
Old 12-02-17, 11:03 PM  
Anny

I am still thinking of goals...and I enjoy reading the goals of others! Perhaps my fitness goal, as suggested above, will be to continue with consistency. Mmm..
Old 12-03-17, 12:43 AM  
kmissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
One year of workouts that goes with book “thinner leaner stronger”
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-17, 08:35 AM  
Tanja

I am turning 50 in February. Therefore, functional fitness and avoidance of overuse injuries are high on my list. I will pair gentler workouts such as Jessica Smith and Leslie Sansone with flexibility and high intensity workouts. I want to continue having over 300 workout days a year.
Tanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-17, 08:53 AM  
Pippadog

My goal is to remain as healthy as I can and hopefully continue with all the fitness dvds I have and also all the streaming sites I enjoy. I've been unlucky the last couple of years as I've been diagnosed with cutaneous b cell lymphoma, so my exercise is my mental and physical form of enjoyment and relaxation . I don't push myself too hard these days and avoid those 'dread' workouts. I still do plyo and hiit workouts, but no more overdoing it.

I've been enjoying working out using fitnessblender routines and udaya/bryan kest yoga. Also I like Cathe and KCM.

I am just grateful to feel well enough to exercise.

Laura
x
Pippadog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2018, new year, new year goals, new year rotations