Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-09-14, 04:34 PM  
HRCFitness

I think I'm liking the live classes more than DVD's these days! Her classes are so much fun!
I'm so excited for more of these!!
HRCFitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-14, 05:20 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
ETA: I can appreciate a difference of opinion. But the finger wagging at me is annoying. I'm a grown woman and my mother is dead.
I'm very sorry for your loss.
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-14, 06:30 PM  
marmact

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
They aren't monitoring Cathe or Studio Sweat. It's the loss of sales and less so use issues that the RIAA cares about. So a video on YouTube gets shutdown because you can easily pirate the song being used in the video. In the case of Cathe or any other similar use, they'll ask to have the content removed. Those lawsuits have numbered less and less over the years. The RIAA has changed their tactics and are focused on changing current law instead. In any case, the same law that allowed Cathe to stream her classes in the early 2000s is the same law in effect right now. What has changed is the fees, so that could be a reason she uses off brand music. I don't see it as a big deal because I know what goes on. I know how they operate. They don't care about it right now.

It might be respect. It might be as a previous poster suggested, she's hoping to one day release a DVD of live work. I don't know. I can't read her mind.

ETA: I can appreciate a difference of opinion. But the finger wagging at me is annoying. I'm a grown woman and my mother is dead.
I'm not really sure where you're getting your information (can you provide a link?), but the opposite is actually true. Large conglomerates are protecting their intellectual property even more vigorously than they were 5-6 years ago. They are getting better and more sophisticated at by finding ways to monitor usage--it just doesn't get as much press.

I work in publishing and we go through an incredibly rigorous process to make sure that we aren't infringing copyright in any way, shape, or form.

And "finger wagging" is perspective, really.
Old 06-09-14, 06:32 PM  
marmact

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCFitness View Post
I think I'm liking the live classes more than DVD's these days! Her classes are so much fun!
I'm so excited for more of these!!
These workouts have been getting really good reviews, so I'm eager to sign on, too. I'm waiting until there's a little more content up there--especially the one-on-one workouts. I think those will be such a fresh way to work out with Cathe.
Old 06-10-14, 08:19 AM  
alydinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ks View Post
Quick question: I saw a You Tube clip and liked the class. Could this subscription work via You Tube? As in, could I open my You Tube account on my smart tv and play it there or is this strictly a PC/Tablet/Smart phone application?

I could do You Tube but not the others.

Thanks.

Kiddy
They are just posting clips to Youtube. You cannot view the entire workout via Youtube.
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-14, 08:28 AM  
3ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by alydinva View Post
They are just posting clips to Youtube. You cannot view the entire workout via Youtube.
Thank you for your reply. Bummer. You Tube is awesome on Smart TVs.
I am so not good at this ipad/tv thing. Sigh...

Thank you!

Kiddy
Old 06-10-14, 09:34 AM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ks View Post
Quick question: I saw a You Tube clip and liked the class. Could this subscription work via You Tube? As in, could I open my You Tube account on my smart tv and play it there or is this strictly a PC/Tablet/Smart phone application?

I could do You Tube but not the others.

Thanks.

Kiddy
It is not an application that you are running. You stream through a web browser.

So if your Smart TV has a web browser you can access it that way. However, that could be cumbersome.

Another way to access is with a Chromecast. Click here to see.
You hook that up to the TV and you can get it working through a computer that is accessing the website through the Chrome browser.

The only requirement is that you have Chrome running as your browser and that you have a wireless router.

Do you have an ipad or an iphone? You can connect those with an HDMI cable plus a HDMI/iPad converter.

There are lots of ways to access streaming. It can be a bit of pain to figure out the best way, but once you figure it out, you are good and it is easy from there.
Old 06-12-14, 04:15 PM  
alydinva

Today's workout was great! It was total body weights and I couldn't finish some of the work because I was burning so badly. This was my first time doing it live - I could have used some extra time to change out the plates on my barbell, but I just ended up adding reps at the end. I loved it!
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 08:11 PM  
jenn38

I bought chromecast but google cast is not compatible with iPad mini. Does anyone know of a work around? Will the hdmi adapter work? Or do I need to purchase Apple TV? I can watch Cathe on my mini but I would rather have her on my tv. A little bummed since I signed up for live and on demand only to find out chromecast won't do what I was expecting it to do.
Old 06-12-14, 08:33 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn38 View Post
I bought chromecast but google cast is not compatible with iPad mini. Does anyone know of a work around? Will the hdmi adapter work? Or do I need to purchase Apple TV? I can watch Cathe on my mini but I would rather have her on my tv. A little bummed since I signed up for live and on demand only to find out chromecast won't do what I was expecting it to do.
Your HDMI adapter that you put in your mini should work firm with streaming Cathe Live. I have a fourth generation iPad and use my HDMI adapter with it to stream in all my online subscriptions, Cathe included.

Cheryl