Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-14, 11:36 AM  
casey

Well I decided to tackle Phase 2 today and I looked at the breakdowns that Lila was kind enough to post for Phase 2 and said to myself "Self, you know there is no way in H-E-double hockey sticks you are going to be able to do 90 minutes of Phase 2, especially because its supposed to be a step up from Born to Move!"

So, I started from the beginning of Phase 2 (about 31 minute mark) and stopped at about 1:04 plus some seconds. I rewound to the start of Phase 2 and worked my other leg to the same part (1:04 mark) which was approximately a 66 minute workout.

I measure my workouts by how sweaty my exercise bra is and its soaked. I am so happy that I did her Express workouts for several weeks before tackling FF. Anyone who wants to try Tonique should just try one or more of her new Express workouts. They only cost $2.99 each and they have some of the same movements in them, just less reps and less minutes. Not easy though, at least for me but fun.

I know I can't do a 90 minute Phase 2 workout yet but I'm happy with all the material that's on Phase 2. It's the kind of toning I like with some extra cardio moves . Also, I feel my upper arms are being worked from this workout and I'm only holding 2 lb weights. My 50 year old arms have that post workout defined curve in thing going on now, which is a big deal for me. I always had skinny arms but since I've gotten, ahem, more mature, I have found its harder to tone them than before.

HTH!
Casey
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-14, 11:45 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey View Post
Well I decided to tackle Phase 2 today and I looked at the breakdowns that Lila was kind enough to post for Phase 2 and said to myself "Self, you know there is no way in H-E-double hockey sticks you are going to be able to do 90 minutes of Phase 2, especially because its supposed to be a step up from Born to Move!"

So, I started from the beginning of Phase 2 (about 31 minute mark) and stopped at about 1:04 plus some seconds. I rewound to the start of Phase 2 and worked my other leg to the same part (1:04 mark) which was approximately a 66 minute workout.

I measure my workouts by how sweaty my exercise bra is and its soaked. I am so happy that I did her Express workouts for several weeks before tackling FF. Anyone who wants to try Tonique should just try one or more of her new Express workouts. They only cost $2.99 each and they have some of the same movements in them, just less reps and less minutes. Not easy though, at least for me but fun.

I know I can't do a 90 minute Phase 2 workout yet but I'm happy with all the material that's on Phase 2. It's the kind of toning I like with some extra cardio moves . Also, I feel my upper arms are being worked from this workout and I'm only holding 2 lb weights. My 50 year old arms have that post workout defined curve in thing going on now, which is a big deal for me. I always had skinny arms but since I've gotten, ahem, more mature, I have found its harder to tone them than before.

HTH!
Casey
I love how you described your experience, Casey!

It's so true that these newer workouts really use your arms so much more! S. has been adding in more plank work and those moves where you have your arms balanced on your dumbbells, and I feel like it's helping tone up my arms, too.

I'm still daunted by Phase 2, but it's so nice to know that it's possible to make it more manageable!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-14, 03:23 PM  
Carb8985

I'm still absolutely loving these new Toniques!!! Femme Fatale might be my favorite Tonique DVD ever! I love the option of having shorter workouts (Phase 1, Phase 3, Express), but also having the ability to mix-and-match to create a longer workout (by adding Verve, Sway, or Express to Phase 1 or 3). I still haven't conquered Phase 2, and I might never do it in its entirety, but maybe I'll try it one weekend day when I'm feeling particularly courageous

Like others have said, there is a lot more plank and arm work in these new DVDs, which not only breaks up the squats and lunges, but also leaves me feeling worked out all over.

These workouts are definitely not easy, but Sylwia is so encouraging and the exhilaration that I feel afterward is amazing! (Can you tell I'm still on an endorphin high from my 6:00 am workout!?) Also, after doing these workouts for the last two weeks (3x/week), I already can see and feel changes in my legs and butt!
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-14, 03:27 PM  
koinonia

Carb, have you done ATM? What is that one like?
koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-14, 03:41 PM  
HRCFitness

Clips?

Where can I see clips of these? And I just looked at Mary's site and Born to Move looks great! I may have to get that one!
HRCFitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-14, 03:48 PM  
Carb8985

Quote:
Originally Posted by koinonia View Post
Carb, have you done ATM? What is that one like?
I've only done ATM twice now. I do love it, but not as much as Femme Fatale. I'm not exactly sure why, but I noticed that ATM is more squat-focused, while Femme Fatale is more lunge and kick-focused. I tend to like lunges more than squats so that could be the reason.

What is nice about ATM, however, is that Sylwia switches legs a lot more than she does in FF and alternates between standing work and plank/floor work, so one might find it "easier" than FF, although by no means is it an easy workout!!!

Hope this helps. I'm planning to do ATM again in the morning, so I'll post again if I have any additional thoughts.
Old 01-09-14, 03:50 PM  
Carb8985

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCFitness View Post
Where can I see clips of these? And I just looked at Mary's site and Born to Move looks great! I may have to get that one!
I don't think clips have been posted yet. Born to Move is great, especially Workout 2 on that disc! I highly recommend it. Femme Fatale and ATM are very similar, but there are some new, creative moves and new spins on older moves. I might like Femme Fatale even more than Born to Move just because of the different options and varying length workouts.
Old 01-09-14, 04:01 PM  
koinonia

Carb, have you done the shorter express workouts that Sylwia put out a few months ago? How would you compare them to ATM? I've been doing the express workouts religiously and according to Casey, I should be acclimated to do FF, but that one terrifies me for some reason lol.

So which of you ladies will be the first to complete phase 2 of FF for VF bragging rights.
koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-14, 04:15 PM  
Carb8985

Quote:
Originally Posted by koinonia View Post
Carb, have you done the shorter express workouts that Sylwia put out a few months ago? How would you compare them to ATM? I've been doing the express workouts religiously and according to Casey, I should be acclimated to do FF, but that one terrifies me for some reason lol.

So which of you ladies will be the first to complete phase 2 of FF for VF bragging rights.
I didn't buy the express downloads, because I was on a Tonique hiatus at the time. Sorry that I can't compare them.

As for being acclimated to do FF, Phase 1 is only 30 minutes, and I believe the express workouts aren't much shorter than that, so I bet you'd surprise yourself and would do great!!

I kinda view Tonique as a marathon. When you're training for a marathon, you never run 26 miles during your training runs. You just power through on game day. Tonique is like that. If you can do the half-hour ones, you are likely in good enough shape that you can get through the longer ones!! The question is...will you be able to walk the next day?
Old 01-09-14, 04:19 PM  
pricek

FF clip is up at Mary's!
pricek is offline   Reply With Quote