Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-02-13, 08:36 PM  
juberann

Not a fan of hers and never will be but I am willing to bet money this thread will become VERY, VERY long always does when talking about TA. I don't get it, never have, never will
Old 08-02-13, 08:45 PM  
mamaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcramer View Post
I was referring to Zuzana's previous "film" career, not so much her BodyRock stuff or her soon to be ex, either way she got it all turned around so kudo's for her!!
Oh, sorry! I totally misunderstood.
Old 08-02-13, 08:48 PM  
Cowgirl32

They way I look at it, and I have been convicted of this lately....we are all human and make mistakes at the end of the day. Who am I to judge Tracy? Showing grace to others is a lost art nowadays. There are moments when I need grace in my actions or how I respond.

The ladies' workouts work. I use her workouts as a way to cross train and enjoy them. What she did was wrong- years ago. For all we know, she could have paid them back after her success with partnering with Gwyneth.
Old 08-02-13, 08:53 PM  
Genevieve M

ok, now that I ripped open that old wound...

Hi,

Sorry to have rehashed the past. As Fitboop (Abby, honey, is that you?) says so well, not everyone has the time to read every post in the forum.

This all came about because whenever there is an instructor that gets a lot of press, I check out sites that show results. Didn't want to cause any trouble.

On one hand, I want a workout that produces results. Right now, I am in a video slump and have info overload. On the other hand, I want to support business people who are honest and ethical.

Onward and upward....
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-13, 01:40 AM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduke View Post
First intro to exercise - the Firm rotated cardio and strength daily- lost inches not weight but then stopped losing, no definition gained

Slim Series - excellent results - leaned out, nice definition, lost weight, leg definition (muscle separation in leg), arm definition

Chalene Extreme - got bigger muscles, no weight loss, i remember some shoulder definition but no definition anywhere else

P90X - lost body fat, lost flab on my abs, shoulders and neck muscles (traps) got huge (my old shirts stopped fitting), no leg definition even with adding in extra cardio, no butt results (still flabby) results seemed to slow once i added in harder cardio and took out yoga. i think tony was on to something there... able to do several pushups on toes and even unassisted pullups with ankle weights on. During this time I also added in running and RKS with HEAVY kettlebells... 45 lbs.

I kept reading that I just needed to lift heavier in order to see the good definition and cuts that I wanted. So I figured Cathe STS meso would be a good move because I had done several rounds of P90X and I heard her leg work was better.

STS - got even bigger!!!! ugh. stopped during meso 3. not good for my legs or upper body at all.

Tracy Anderson - leaned out and got small in the arms, legs, and abs, all bulk disappeared in just a few weeks, totally amazed!!!!! finished meta and was smallest ever and then thought i should do a round of heavy lifting to get more cut

Body Beast - instantly got BIGGER did not lean out, did not get smaller, traps huge again, gained weight and figured i needed a lot of cardio to get smaller so tried

TurboFire - enjoyable but didn't finish rotation because I thought I would get better results from ...

Insanity - hated it, dreaded everyday, no results at all. at the end of the second month i added in leslie sansone walk in the afternoon. only at this point did i see some slight teeny little muscle separation in my legs. i couldn't keep up with two hours of cardio a day. i finished that second month and ran back to

Tracy Anderson as quickly as possible - i did all of meta and got to omni continuity 1.2 level 3. then i just needed to do something else. the dc wipes me out for the day, and i have a three year old boy to play with all day. he wants to ride bikes which means i run after him throughout the neighborhood, etc. etc. you know boys...

went back to slim series for a few weeks and i just have to keep lifting heavier and heavier to feel the burn because i have done that rotation so many times, and i am pretty darn strong. so this defeats the point.

then I went back to TA - this time doing one hour of MS and counting as running around the block chasing my son and wrestling all day and swimming with him all day, etc. as my cardio. this is working amazing.[/B] i did all 3 levels of PDS for 10 days each. now i am back to the continuity 1.2 level 3 doing each section twice. i am a sweaty mess at the end. it gives me an hour of cardio and sculpt at the same time. i am always challenged without having to up my weights because she changes her moves every 10 days.

i am pregnant now, but when i first started doing the TA ms for one hour per day i had lines down my abs and could see my pubic bones poking out. i never had that before ever. my legs look better than ever. i have had terrible morning sickness this time and can only keep down fried food and pizza, and i still haven't gained tons of weight. it can only be from TA.

at some point in my pregnancy i will probably switch to the preg. project. but for now i am sticking to cont. doing the MS twice and then after pregnancy will pick right back up with ta. post pregnancy 1 and 2.
did you not see results when only doing 30 mins of muscular structure a day? Also do u do the whole workout through once and then again? or, do you do arms x2, followed by abs x2, followed by floor right x2 and then floor left x2?

I'm doing Cosgrove Drop 2 sizes now too. Maybe when I'm done with that I will go to doing 1 hour of Muscular Structure. But, I'm worried about the toll on my wrists. I'm currently doing Omni Continuity 1.1.1 level 3 and am really surprised by the amount I'm sweating.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-13, 04:52 AM  
DebbieRN

Love all my TA stuff and don't need to pop in a DVD to to do it. I just break into those crazy arm routines, rib and ab isolations and leg lifts sometimes and it turns into a mini workout. Doing it over and over just drills the routines into your brain I think.

Next month a FB friend and I are starting Meta all over again (she's way more disciplined with doing it than I am). I am shaped like Tracy but much taller and just want to keep my muscle definition (into my 50s). My joints don't always like weighted workouts but I can handle Tracy's routines. And I never get tired of that Meta music--really motivates me. Her personal life is her own. We all have issues I think, lol.

Debbie
DebbieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-13, 06:50 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve M View Post
Hi,

Sorry to have rehashed the past. As Fitboop (Abby, honey, is that you?) says so well, not everyone has the time to read every post in the forum.

This all came about because whenever there is an instructor that gets a lot of press, I check out sites that show results. Didn't want to cause any trouble.

On one hand, I want a workout that produces results. Right now, I am in a video slump and have info overload. On the other hand, I want to support business people who are honest and ethical.

Onward and upward....
Yes, Genevieve, it's me .

Sorry to hear that you are in a video slump. Have you tried Physique 57? It's like the Lotte Berk Method, but more fun.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-13, 07:34 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
Not a fan of hers and never will be but I am willing to bet money this thread will become VERY, VERY long always does when talking about TA. I don't get it, never have, never will
It's not just a TA thread, it's a TA/Zuzana thread! It'll be even longer.

With all the divorces and drama, those two should get together and have a reality show on TLC, with a fifteen-minute workout at the end. I would watch

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-13, 11:33 AM  
mrsyancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
I don't think it is fair to assume that everyone has read every thread here at VF. To Genevieve, it was news that she hadn't read before. I'm sure there are a lot of people at the VF forum today who don't know the back history of Tracy Anderson. I think anyone should feel free to post anything they want here (on topic), even if there have been threads in the past about the same topic.
I agree fitboop......I knew nothing of her past.....so it's new news to some
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-13, 12:03 PM  
daisyduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
did you not see results when only doing 30 mins of muscular structure a day? Also do u do the whole workout through once and then again? or, do you do arms x2, followed by abs x2, followed by floor right x2 and then floor left x2?

I'm doing Cosgrove Drop 2 sizes now too. Maybe when I'm done with that I will go to doing 1 hour of Muscular Structure. But, I'm worried about the toll on my wrists. I'm currently doing Omni Continuity 1.1.1 level 3 and am really surprised by the amount I'm sweating.
i got great results with her half hour MS work and half hour DC. then i did PDS 1, 2 and 3. and my results were amazing. i only did the MS which is roughly an hour long. I didn't have time to add on extra cardio. my results with the MS one hour and no DC were AMAZING. i mean sooooo good. my abs were so tight and pulled in my pubic bones were sticking out. my legs and arms were so toned. then i got pregnant. but this made me realize that i do better with one hour of her MS and no or little DC. hope this helps.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tracy anderson