Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-12-14, 12:32 PM  
Keepfitgirl

Are there any low impact high intensity workouts out there?

I'm only able to work out 3/4 times a week at the moment, so I have been using a lot of circuit workouts with cardio and weights. The only specifically low impact high intensity workouts I've found in my collection (so far) are Cathe's LIC and a circuit premix on Cathe's Low Impact Step, which also has a body sculpting workout. I also have Cathe's LIS. I know that I can modify other stuff and some workouts, eg Cindy's 10 Days DVD, have modifiers, but I don't get such a good cardio effect. FYI I can do impact but I'm at the stage that my body needs me to include low impact cardio.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions or ideas

Emma
Keepfitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-14, 12:57 PM  
JBliff

Cathe's All Out Low Impact HiiT or Cross Fire would fit the bill. Cross Fire has a lower impact premix which is quite good. Cathe's Low Max is also good for lower impact. Generally kickboxing workouts have pretty low impact, and I've found kettlebells to be great low impact, high intensity workouts.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-14, 12:58 PM  
noodles

I find many of the kettlebell workouts have a cardio factor as the exercises are generally compound/ total body movements. Even just doing swings with a heavy weight will get you winded. I like Dasha's Scorcher series as each workout is set up as circuits with low impact kettlebell exersices followed by 1minute of cardio (usually involves jumping but I'm sure you could modify). AOS Newport is a good one as well.
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-14, 03:46 PM  
eaocon

I have found the Pace Express workouts are high intensity and low impact. They include three levels in each workout - a lower, average, and higher intensity. I also modify just a little bit on some of the exercises.

Each workout is only 18ish minutes...I usually do 2 of them at a time.
Old 03-12-14, 09:08 PM  
samanthaeve

Tonique- its the low impact/high intensity holy grail for me.
It dosent have a cardio effect for everyone, but for most folks it hits the spot.
samanthaeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-14, 09:09 PM  
Bebop

Turbofire. There is a low impact modifier that I follow exclusively. Believe me, it' intense.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-14, 10:36 AM  
eannem

i find the dream body/fusion fitness workouts are low impact or can be modified for low impact (depending on which workout) and remain extremely intense. i just started reaching for those again.
eannem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
low impact