Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-23-20, 12:37 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
Michelle Dozois especially when she was with Tracy York - they work great together (Breakthru series).
i thought i was the only one. i like Tracy York a lot. i wish she was still filming.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 01:28 PM  
dnna

Tracy York has a great Shaping up for dummies workout -about an hour that is just great for a beginner or if an intermediate wants to up the weight. I like it a lot and use it often. She and Michelle also did 2 or 3 pilates workouts together that I like - the pilates plus one which is weighted.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 02:19 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

If you've been working out to videos and dvds for a long time, you're bound to be familiar with and bonded to the workouts from the past.

As a restarter I'm trying very hard not to buy anything new and use what I already own. Problem is that some new ones look enticing.
Old 05-23-20, 03:42 PM  
tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
Tracy York has a great Shaping up for dummies workout -about an hour that is just great for a beginner or if an intermediate wants to up the weight. I like it a lot and use it often. She and Michelle also did 2 or 3 pilates workouts together that I like - the pilates plus one which is weighted.
Yes I like Pilates Plus and Pilates Sculpt - both were Breakthru ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i thought i was the only one. i like Tracy York a lot. i wish she was still filming.
Bzar, recently I found Shape Transforming and Shape redefining DVDs which have Tracy York, Michelle Dozois and Leisa Hart in them - very retro looking. I enjoyed them a lot. I like Transforming better than Redefining but both are good.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-20, 11:58 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

My most trusted old friends are KCM, Jessica Smith (her YouTube channel and a few DVDs), Cathe, Gilad, Kathy Smith and Eoin Finn. Sometimes Lauren Brooks and Ellen Barrett are on the list too. I need to dust off my Jari Love, Christi Taylor, Kari Anderson and FIRM DVDs too! Maybe I'll do FIRM Parts Upper Body tomorrow based on inspiration from this thread... I like the idea of aerobics weight training (AWT) that most of my collection of FIRM DVDs purports to focus on, but I kinda dread pulling all that equipment and swapping stuff throughout... KCM's routines require so much less fiddling!
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-20, 12:31 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
Yes I like Pilates Plus and Pilates Sculpt - both were Breakthru ones.

Bzar, recently I found Shape Transforming and Shape redefining DVDs which have Tracy York, Michelle Dozois and Leisa Hart in them - very retro looking. I enjoyed them a lot. I like Transforming better than Redefining but both are good.
i have those - i think it's Lisa Wheeler.

in addition to the Shape and Dummies video, i also have 2 videos that Tracy did for Michael Thurmond - Fat Burning Cardio and Advanced Fat Burning Cardio.

edited to add:
i just discovered that Tracy is married to actor and retired NFL player Ed Marinaro. no wonder she hasn't been making videos.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-20, 08:26 AM  
tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i have those - i think it's Lisa Wheeler.

in addition to the Shape and Dummies video, i also have 2 videos that Tracy did for Michael Thurmand - Fat Burning Cardio and Advanced Fat Burning Cardio.

edited to add:
i just discovered that Tracy is married to actor and retired NFL player Ed Marinaro. no wonder she hasn't been making videos.
Whoops, you're right, it is Lisa Wheeler.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-20, 08:31 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post
For me it's the older Cathe workouts with Cedie, Brenda, Lorraine, Jai and Rhonda. I like the newer folks too but the original crew I feel familiar with.
+1
I'm ok with the newer crowd because I'm only a recent Cathe exerciser. However, I do prefer the group you mention. I also like that she had men in the MMA Boxing workout.

Tamilee and Gilad have that old friend vibe to me. There's also something that makes me feel very reassured whenever I exercise with a Winsor DVD.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-20, 09:03 PM  
Loriann

Margaret Richard.

She and Charlene Prickett were my first exposure to at-home exercise. I don’t do Margaret very often anymore, but when I do it feels like coming home. I love her stupid corny jokes, and how she laughs at her own jokes, and the way your shoulders are crying “stop” but we just keep going......
Lori
Old 05-29-20, 11:59 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I still have on DVD (instead of VHS) two of my first three (or five?) workout routines, namely, Cathe's Maximum Intensity Strength (poor memory on specifics so I had to look it up based on it being a part of the Power Hour DVD!) and Christi Taylor's Strength, Balance and Flexibility. My very first VHS routine was Jennifer Kries' Precision Toning (soon followed by Precision Sculpting, Target Zones, Precision Yoga and Dance To Fitness w/ Lisa Wheeler). Gosh, I'm so overcome by nostalgia now, I am searching Amazon for DVD versions...
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
michael thurmond, nostalgia, tracy york