Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-29-20, 09:34 AM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Manley I'm amazed at how long your workouts are! My goodness, I feel like 60 minutes is a GREAT workout for me and for a long, long time (before this Kittybug Kick Butt Party) I was happy if I got in 30 minutes a day.
It's only because of the pandemic that I have time to do longer workouts. Pre-pandemic I only had 30 minutes to an hour to workout too. But since I'm at home pretty much all of the time (have been working from home but schedule has been more flexible), don't have kids and don't watch TV during the day, I've been working out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Actually, I find it interesting that Manley and Kittybug and others that I've forgotten by name, can do workouts over and over again, like week after week. I did Rockout Knockout a few weeks ago, before we started the 2013 workouts, and I didn't want to do it again now. I mean, I JUST DID IT. I think that's why I don't gravitate towards rotations. I get tired of the same workout. Even though it makes sense that you can really see and measure your progress when you do the same workout multiple times, I just can't get into it.
I was the SAME WAY before Kittybug started us on this journey! Prior to this I would mix instructors and types of workouts each week. Usually stood staring at my collection wondering what I was going to do. Cathe, KCM, and a few other instructors sprinkled in for variety. I have NEVER done a rotation - didn't think I could handle the same instructor or the same workouts either. HOWEVER, I will have to say that I actually like doing the workouts BETTER the 2nd week than the first. And I can definitely tell a difference in how I look and feel! I have thrown in some other instructors here and there and am doing LOTS of yoga on YouTube - a different person each day, so that is helping with the variety. I never thought I could, or wanted to do a rotation, especially with the same instructor/same dvds. But it's working. And it's making me try workouts I haven't because I've been afraid they were too hard. Before this I was reaching for the same, comfortable, known workouts.
Who wudda thunk I would do this??? Definitely not me!!

Cataddict I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's mom. That is just so hard. I know you will be a good support for her - just to listen and love on her. I hope this week is better for you.

I agree with ChelePA, and Fanofladyvols regarding Kick Max. Only use the standing leg section and maybe the HiiT. I don't even bother with the kickboxing part.

Horusosiris I'm right there with you on the online shopping! I've been scouring EBay and Amazon for dvds (of course) and like Fanofladyvols my workout collection is expanding! Mostly with Amy Bento. However I did find Christi Taylor's Totally Cool Step 2 on Amazon yesterday for $1.74 (plus shipping, which costs more than the dvd ) so of course I HAD to buy it!

Fanofladyvols, I like Legs and Glutes better than Butts and Guts. I LOVE the Kick, Crunch, Punch/Legs and Glutes premix!! It is a DANDY!!

Waves to Kittybug,and Lavna! And BIG HUG to KateTT!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-20, 10:39 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Friday gals!

So Wednesday was Lean Legs and Abs plus the bonus barre premix. I have to agree with Manley on this one that added weights ~would~ make a difference, as this workout doesn't feel up to Cathe's usual level of ouch. But given that I'm struggling through an injury, I just did things as-is, which was fine. Then yesterday was Slow and Heavy Triceps and Biceps (holy mother of barbells I'm so sore from this series this week!!!). Today will be Great Glutes Extreme.

I'm icing and stretching this ankle twice a day but it's SO locked up and painful, like worse than it's been in a long time. I'm not sure if all the tabata-type stuff I was doing with Cross Fire, To the Max, and Xtrain brought it on before I noticed it or what...or maybe it's my shoes, again. I was so ready to move on to the RWH series next but that ain't happening yet, so one more week of Slow and Heavy it is.

Fanofladyvols, I love your flexing! Flexing right back at you!! And I take no responsibility for your Cathe collection exploding, hah hah hah!!!

ChelePA, SO glad to hear about your workouts and that they feel new to you! How's the foot holding up?

Horusosiris, I hear you on the online shopping!! I have been a tad better lately but dang, I need some more self-control right now!

Kim, funny, I was thinking the same thing about Cathe and her crazy prolific library! And how is the kitten doing?

Manleym, ROCKING IT, you're ROCKING IT!

Cataddict, I'm so sorry to hear about your family issues, sending hugs to you too. But you still managed to work out...you and Kate are so fierce (hugs to Kate too)! You know, I too no longer really care for Pyramid Lower after all these wonderful lower body workouts Cathe has put out now. Pyramid Upper is still one of my absolute favorite, gold-standard upper body workouts though. But when I was doing my Intensity series rotation, I started subbing out Pyramid Lower for more recent releases.

Nathalie, it's hot as heck here too for a few days and it also makes me want to do NOTHING, especially because I'm all whiny and injured! You gals are keeping me going!

On all of you talking about not gravitating to rotations and all...I felt the same before I started this little journey! I'm SO GLAD you all joined in and we keep each other going, because it's been such a great learning experience for me and the results have been pretty awesome thus far! Well, you know, except the injury part, but that isn't anything new and it too will pass. Soon. I hope!

Waves to Bee, Momofcha, big huge hugs to KateTT, and I hope I haven't missed anyone! Stay fierce, my friends!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-20, 12:00 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Happy Friday gals!

So Wednesday was Lean Legs and Abs plus the bonus barre premix. I have to agree with Manley on this one that added weights ~would~ make a difference, as this workout doesn't feel up to Cathe's usual level of ouch. But given that I'm struggling through an injury, I just did things as-is, which was fine. Then yesterday was Slow and Heavy Triceps and Biceps (holy mother of barbells I'm so sore from this series this week!!!). Today will be Great Glutes Extreme.

I'm icing and stretching this ankle twice a day but it's SO locked up and painful, like worse than it's been in a long time. I'm not sure if all the tabata-type stuff I was doing with Cross Fire, To the Max, and Xtrain brought it on before I noticed it or what...or maybe it's my shoes, again. I was so ready to move on to the RWH series next but that ain't happening yet, so one more week of Slow and Heavy it is.

Fanofladyvols, I love your flexing! Flexing right back at you!! And I take no responsibility for your Cathe collection exploding, hah hah hah!!!

ChelePA, SO glad to hear about your workouts and that they feel new to you! How's the foot holding up?

Horusosiris, I hear you on the online shopping!! I have been a tad better lately but dang, I need some more self-control right now!

Kim, funny, I was thinking the same thing about Cathe and her crazy prolific library! And how is the kitten doing?

Manleym, ROCKING IT, you're ROCKING IT!

Cataddict, I'm so sorry to hear about your family issues, sending hugs to you too. But you still managed to work out...you and Kate are so fierce (hugs to Kate too)! You know, I too no longer really care for Pyramid Lower after all these wonderful lower body workouts Cathe has put out now. Pyramid Upper is still one of my absolute favorite, gold-standard upper body workouts though. But when I was doing my Intensity series rotation, I started subbing out Pyramid Lower for more recent releases.

Nathalie, it's hot as heck here too for a few days and it also makes me want to do NOTHING, especially because I'm all whiny and injured! You gals are keeping me going!

On all of you talking about not gravitating to rotations and all...I felt the same before I started this little journey! I'm SO GLAD you all joined in and we keep each other going, because it's been such a great learning experience for me and the results have been pretty awesome thus far! Well, you know, except the injury part, but that isn't anything new and it too will pass. Soon. I hope!

Waves to Bee, Momofcha, big huge hugs to KateTT, and I hope I haven't missed anyone! Stay fierce, my friends!
Definitely agree for you to wait with RWH...especially if your ankle isn't 100%. That series is intense! Maybe less impact cardio will help it heal quicker. A few of the chair workouts can be intense depending on which ones you choose. I also learned how to step it up a notch if needed. My foot is definitely not completely healed. Still tingling and tightness especially in my ankle area. Taking it slowly so as not to reinjure.

Today was Live PHA 2020. Loved it! If you really enjoy her more recent PHAs, then this one is for you. Two groups of 8 exercises, repeated twice. No step in this one. It moves quickly and had my heart rate up throughout the workout. Will definitely do this one again. I am not a fan of weights and these type of routines are perfect for me. No boredom factor!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-20, 12:34 PM  
ChelePA

Kim....how's the kitty? Hope you are enjoying these beautiful days in PA! We choose a different ice cream spot nightly. One way to get out of the house while we are still in the red zone.

My daughter went for her driving permit yesterday. We thought it would be months with the backlog. We decided to drive to a more rural area that had a DMV. It was a beautiful 90 minute ride. Lucky, she passed or it would have been a very long ride home. Instead of my hair turning gray slowly in this pandemic..now it will be much quicker. She's a nervous Nellie...I need a brake on my side of the car Her father has much more patience so he will be the main teacher for this.

I posted my workout earlier. I'm considering Live now since I don't see my daughter and I returning to the gym this summer. I have been enjoying the free workouts. It will be a savings versus the Y. But boy do I miss my cycling classes. Can't imagine wearing a mask to exercise indoors.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-20, 12:53 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hi All! I guess I was busy yesterday and never got to vf. I did Party Rockin' Step #1 for my first time. I liked it, and found it not too bad to follow the choreography, but what I did not at all like were all the spins she put in. I had to skip combo 5 (I think that's the number) because I started to feel like I was going to throw up! In some places I just didn't spin. Anyway, it'll be fun getting those step combinations done more accurately. I was astounded to see in the credits that it was copyright 2013 -- I would have guessed that was a more recent offering.

Today I did ICE Stacked Upper Body -- an easier/shorter workout, but it was good. I really like that she mixes core work in on some of the moves.

cataddict, I am also sending you virtual hugs for your tough week! I hope things start looking up.

kittybug, sorry the ankle is bothering you but I agree you do not want to jump into RWH at this point.... sadly!

manleym it is amazing how much you are working out! I am with Kim on timing. Every time I consider buying something that would "be good as an add-on" I have to remind myself that I never want to add on anything!!

I do like following a rotation but I always reserve the right to sub in a like workout if I don't want to do something again so soon. Mostly I do not like having to pick a workout on the spot. I like knowing what I'll be doing.

Horusosiris, I've been mostly pretty good about shopping -- except for the food I panic and order, but.... I'm on the verge of ordering Cathe's Step Classics (which I thought I had but I do not and you guys got me wanting it) and Ramped Up Upper Body. I really want the upper body one.

ChelePA, congrats to your daughter -- I can relate to the teaching experience! but unfortunately I had to be the primary teacher for my boys. It was definitely easier with the younger one being second time around.

Waves to Fanofladyvols, Nathalie, KateTT, and momofcha! And anyone else I missed.
Old 05-29-20, 01:46 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Ugh! That is no fun! I bet all of the tabata workouts - um, X 77 - may have triggered it. Hopefully one more week and you'll be back in business. Glad you're taking it easy though and not doing too much. Both you and ChelePA take care of yourselves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Today was Live PHA 2020. Loved it! If you really enjoy her more recent PHAs, then this one is for you. Two groups of 8 exercises, repeated twice. No step in this one. It moves quickly and had my heart rate up throughout the workout. Will definitely do this one again. I am not a fan of weights and these type of routines are perfect for me. No boredom factor!
I did Cathe Live PHA 2020 this morning too! I think it's the 3rd or 4th time I've done it. Great workout! This afternoon will be PRS 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
My daughter went for her driving permit yesterday. We thought it would be months with the backlog. We decided to drive to a more rural area that had a DMV. It was a beautiful 90 minute ride. Lucky, she passed or it would have been a very long ride home. Instead of my hair turning gray slowly in this pandemic..now it will be much quicker. She's a nervous Nellie...I need a brake on my side of the car Her father has much more patience so he will be the main teacher for this.
How exciting for your daughter! I bet you were putting a hole through the floor as you were stomping your foot to break! What a fun time of life for her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I did Party Rockin' Step #1 for my first time. I liked it, and found it not too bad to follow the choreography, but what I did not at all like were all the spins she put in. I had to skip combo 5 (I think that's the number) because I started to feel like I was going to throw up! In some places I just didn't spin.
I'm with ya Bee! There are alot of spins! They do get easier, but like you, sometimes I just don't spin. I'll do a basic or mamba - something instead because it is dizzying. Or I'll just go over the step one more time while Cathe is spinning.

Weather is beautiful here! Lots of sunshine! I hope it's pretty where you are too!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-20, 02:45 PM  
horusosiris

I hope everyone is having a glorious Friday.

Today was an upper body day in my program (week 4/day5). For cardio, I started Susan Chung's Rapid Fire 3 DVD but about ten minutes in switched it out for Les Mills' Body Combat 75. I wanted to do something more upbeat and Body Combat 75 delivered.

Bee- The Cathe workouts you choose are good. You will like Ramped Up Upper Body.

ChelPA-congratulations to your daughter. Receiving your license is a real milestone. I too was a wreck when my sons began to drive. My husband is so laid back and he took it all in stride. In fact he taught them to drive automatics, sticks and 18 wheelers. I could

Manelym- rotations keep me focused and organized. I have so many workouts and programs that I would get lost without some structure. Sometimes though, just to break things up, I have a few weeks that I do whatever I please. These weeks are usually active rest weeks.

Kittybug- Great Glutes Extreme! Go for it!

Linda – The only reason that I am able to keep up with the Cathe Lives is because I put the new weekly workout into my rotation each week. Now I have done all 299 workouts. My least favorites are the spin workouts because of the awful music. For me, spin needs to have upbeat and motivational music. Although I do the spin workouts when they are released, I have not done any of them more than once.

Hello to Everyone!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-20, 02:55 PM  
lavna

Happy Friday everyone!

I haven't worked out since Sunday because of the hot weather and lack of time. Next week, I should get back on track!

You gals inspired me to do PRS1 on Sunday! But I'm with bee and manleym: I don't do all those spins! My knees don't like those! I was doing OK until combo 5! I was all mixed up! But I managed to find a way to keep up with the choreography. But, when it came to putting all the combos together, I couldn't believe that I'd already forgotten the first ones!

kittybug: I hope your injury gets better. At least, you're not completely stopped and you're able to do some workouts.

Kim: A baby animal is so fun. I hope you enjoy your new kitten!

ChelePA: How lucky that your daughter was able to get her license. Congrats to her!

Cathe may be near 300 Live but this thread has over 1,000 posts! Yay to us!

Have a great weekend!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-20, 03:35 PM  
Mickey12

Horusosiris Wow, great accomplishment on doing all 299 of Cathe's LIVE workouts! Just wow!

Kittybug, I had to laugh at your comment (and Manley's about the intensity of Lean Legs and Abs. I think it's so great because it is less intense than most of her workouts and you guys want to find ways to ramp it up!! I hope your ankle settles down quickly for you. Bummer.

Linda, I got your note today. Thank you so much. I just love you!! Sincerely, thank you.

Bee I like Party Rockin Step 2 better than 1. I pretty much never do any spins in workouts because I get dizzy easily. And at my age, I can't afford to get any dizzier than I already am!

ChelePA, sweet, wee Finley is sleeping partially on my keyboard as I type this post. He had his first vet appointment today. He's definitely male, 8 weeks old and very healthy except for some ear mites which were treated. He is a treasure! I never had a kitten this small before and being home with him all day is really a blessing. I will be heading back to my office building on June 8, so it was a great time to get him. My older cat, Rudy, is adjusting nicely too so that relieves me.

I ended up not doing any workouts yesterday. Today will either be parts of X10 or maybe a new Amy Bento. Manley I still didn't do Amy Dixon's BB4 yet. I recall you said that was your favorite. I don't like to leave virgins too long, so I will get to it soon.

Lavna Yea to us is right!! Can't believe we are over 100 pages and going strong.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-20, 09:01 PM  
Mickey12

I did Amy Bento, Hi/lo Dynamics. Oh boy, that was fun! I loved the music and the moves were really fun, fairly easy to grasp on the first try, and I like the format. She teaches a combo, goes through it several times, does an interval, then moves on to the next one. I enjoy that so much more than Tifting. There is a short ab section and then a nice stretch.

I can’t believe I never had any of Amy’s hi/lo workouts until recently. I have two of her step workouts and I was just “meh” about them, felt like they were overly complicated for no good reason. So I guess I never ventured into her hi/lo stuff. I’m glad I was able to get them now, good stuff!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in