Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-26-20, 07:29 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

NY Mag Strategist's list of best online workouts

I haven't heard of many of these. Heavily skewed toward Pilates/yoga/fusion.

https://nymag.com/strategist/article...t-classes.html

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-20, 08:12 PM  
carly

Good list, Thank you. I have done workouts with be.come, Kalya Itsine, Melissa Wood, The Sculpt Society and Lekfit.

I'm not surprised by the Pilates/yoga emphasizes from the NY media since the average New Yorker lives in a small space with limited access (and storage) for home equipment such as weights, step, cycle, etc.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-20, 10:09 PM  
wendug

Nice list and breakdown of the workouts available. What surprised me was CRUNCH being on the list. I haven't thought about CRUNCH in ages. I had several of their workouts on VHS when I started my fitness journey, and still do Sarah Ivanhoe's yoga workouts. I'm a bit curious about what kind of workouts they are putting out today. Looks like they have a 90 day free trial I can sign up for!
Old 05-28-20, 03:23 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Nice list and breakdown of the workouts available. What surprised me was CRUNCH being on the list. I haven't thought about CRUNCH in ages. I had several of their workouts on VHS when I started my fitness journey, and still do Sarah Ivanhoe's yoga workouts. I'm a bit curious about what kind of workouts they are putting out today. Looks like they have a 90 day free trial I can sign up for!
I also like Crunch workouts. I remember when they had a show on TV, I think it was on FitTV. I taped a lot of the episodes. They had a nice variety of workout styles and some of the instructors were "known", or went on to make their own workouts.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-20, 03:34 PM  
Scorpio6

bumping
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-20, 07:41 PM  
fanofladyvols

I was meh on that list until I followed up on the 305 Fitness. When I investigated, I found this..
https://youtu.be/YpLkElQfqPE
Bear in mind, it's not on par with what I'd expect in a DVD ( cues late and sometimes the camera focuses on things that don't help you know what they're doing).. but it sure does make me wanna dance around my living room ..woohoo!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-20, 10:36 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Some of my all-time favorite workouts are Crunch: Candlelight Yoga, The Next Step (Kendell Hogan ), and Boot Camp which is on YouTube: https://youtu.be/5iacDmTllPw

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-20, 01:03 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
Some of my all-time favorite workouts are Crunch: Candlelight Yoga, The Next Step (Kendell Hogan ), and Boot Camp which is on YouTube: https://youtu.be/5iacDmTllPw
Boot Camp is a great one!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lekfit, streaming workouts, subscriptions