Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-20, 06:37 PM  
prettyinpink
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I feel like barre workouts are kind of like pizza...... there are various different kinds and you need to figure out if you like thick or thin crust, etc. I think you're going to get a variety of answers and you will probably just have to experiment and see what clicks for you. Good luck!
I agree. There are a lot of good ones. I hesitate to add what I like because I donít even know if they are all available as DVDs anymore, and Iím assuming DVDs are what is wanted.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 07:39 PM  
lingo10
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of Nowhere NY
I enjoy Exhale Core Fusion, Xtend Barre, Barre3 and Ellen Barrett's Barre workouts.
__________________
"The BURN, that Sensation."

198 Days of Exercise in 2019
FT25 Alpha, Beta, Gamma Grad 4/14
Insanity Grad 8/14
Insanity Max 30 Grad 3/15, 2x Grad 11/15
Current Program: Mix of Kickboxing, Barre, Karen Karter Pilates, Travis Elliot Yoga, Chloe Ting Videos
lingo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 09:07 AM  
pgun3
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
I agree. There are a lot of good ones. I hesitate to add what I like because I donít even know if they are all available as DVDs anymore, and Iím assuming DVDs are what is wanted.
I would not mind non dvd suggestions
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 09:28 AM  
LindaL
VF Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
Looks like I have some of the exhale core fusions workouts.

Has anyone have any opinions on the Openfit site? With Andrea Rogers
I signed up with a 60 day free trial (thereís a groupon link on 2lazy4gym.com). I ended up cancelling after trying a couple workout and not lasting more than 10 minutes. I have a hard time with the pace and while Andrea seems like a lovely person, her tone of voice and the frenetic pace of her instruction were deal breakers for me. I like my barre to be more relaxing and meditative. I tried the free Barre Blend workout on YouTube and even though that one is faster paced than I prefer, I really like Elise. Iím not willing to sign up for BBOD and pay for early access right now, but may consider it once the series is available to all subscribers.
I really like The Ballet Physique workouts for a traditional studio barre class.
The Exhale Core Fusion DVDís are really nice as well.
I wish I liked Bar Method, but all the workouts are so similar that they end up having a dread factor. Itís pretty much the same push up and tricep moves in every single workout.
I used to subscribe to Suzanne Bowenís Streaming sight, but she hasnít been updating the site. I read on IG yesterday that she will have new workouts, but they will be led by one of her Barre Amped instructors.

Barre 3 offers a fusion workout, so itís not traditional barre, but they do provide a nice cardio factor and I like their core work. I do feel like there are too many squats, which can irritate my hip flexors. It is nice that they have a variety of instructors, so you can try different people and see who you click with. I really like Christa Joy, Shannon, Meredith, and Ronni (although they removed a few of Ronniís workouts when they redid the website).
__________________
Linda


Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 09:46 AM  
pgun3
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL View Post
I signed up with a 60 day free trial (thereís a groupon link on 2lazy4gym.com). I ended up cancelling after trying a couple workout and not lasting more than 10 minutes. I have a hard time with the pace and while Andrea seems like a lovely person, her tone of voice and the frenetic pace of her instruction were deal breakers for me. I like my barre to be more relaxing and meditative. I tried the free Barre Blend workout on YouTube and even though that one is faster paced than I prefer, I really like Elise. Iím not willing to sign up for BBOD and pay for early access right now, but may consider it once the series is available to all subscribers.
I really like The Ballet Physique workouts for a traditional studio barre class.
The Exhale Core Fusion DVDís are really nice as well.
I wish I liked Bar Method, but all the workouts are so similar that they end up having a dread factor. Itís pretty much the same push up and tricep moves in every single workout.
I used to subscribe to Suzanne Bowenís Streaming sight, but she hasnít been updating the site. I read on IG yesterday that she will have new workouts, but they will be led by one of her Barre Amped instructors.

Barre 3 offers a fusion workout, so itís not traditional barre, but they do provide a nice cardio factor and I like their core work. I do feel like there are too many squats, which can irritate my hip flexors. It is nice that they have a variety of instructors, so you can try different people and see who you click with. I really like Christa Joy, Shannon, Meredith, and Ronni (although they removed a few of Ronniís workouts when they redid the website).
Thanks Linda! I like the looks of xtend barre but like you said I think the moves are pretty quick. I am not in shape and my balance isn't the greatest. I did sign up for a free 30 days and have yet to try it. I will look at the Barre3 site.
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 02:46 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Ballet Barre with Janice Lennard Dvd.
__________________
Mary
Softshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 08:15 PM  
Scorpio6
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: St. Louis MO
Cardio barre

I like Cardio Barre for the fact it has moves different from the same old Lotte Berk-based workouts. A man (Richard giorla) invented CB & it has a cardio factor other barre workouts don't.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 07:43 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: I love that dirty water...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I feel like barre workouts are kind of like pizza...... there are various different kinds and you need to figure out if you like thick or thin crust, etc. I think you're going to get a variety of answers and you will probably just have to experiment and see what clicks for you. Good luck!
This, fer shur.

That said, my faves are Physique 57, barre3 and Ballet Physique.

For live studio classes, I would recommend Bar Method, as they are REALLY attentive to form and they're all over the country. But honestly, the workouts are quite boring and repetitive, IMO.

If you have Instagram, Physique 57 are doing live classes led by instructors in their homes during the corona quarantine. The videos are available for 24 hours.

All the studios I've mentioned have free trials of their streaming (along with many other brands), so as Bee noted, you can try them out and see which ones resonate with you.
__________________
Check out my blog: A Mom Walks Into A Barre
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 09:56 AM  
mbcatac7
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
Looks like I have some of the exhale core fusions workouts.

Has anyone have any opinions on the Openfit site? With Andrea Rogers
I tried Xtend Barre on Openfit. I want to like it..but it moves so fast. I like my Barre workouts to focus on the movement and technique and form. She moves so fast on some of the moves..it's impossible to keep form up.
__________________
Billie TX
Mom to 6 Boys, Wife, RN, I love Life!!
mbcatac7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 11:36 AM  
juliel
VF Supporter
 
juliel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: amongst kittehs
I have an exhale core fusion dvd that I will send if you want it (sase). just pm me.
__________________
Julie

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
barre workouts

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2009 Video Fitness