Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-26-20, 06:02 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Today I can laugh at this thread. Yesterday, even though I knew intellectually it was all in fun, I couldn't respond without being ugly because I had a near melt-down at work. Please bear with and forgive me for this rant.

I don't think people in this ignorant, uneducated part of the country are taking this seriously. I am amazed and appalled at what people are buying and the time they are spending just roaming around the store. You are endangering your health and life and mine for freaking nail polish!!!! GO HOME, PEOPLE. I get you need supplies...I really do because I need them too...but stop with the extra b.s. Get what you need and GO HOME.

What really blows my mind is people wearing masks. If you are that worried, don't you think roaming around WalMart for 2 hours is not your best choice? Can you think of anywhere other than medical offices or hospitals that are more likely to be infected? We have no delusions that we aren't all or will shortly be infected. This isn't the place to be.

Thank you for letting me get that out. I really need to before I open my big mouth to the wrong person.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 06:19 PM  
Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDeb View Post

What really blows my mind is people wearing masks. If you are that worried, don't you think roaming around WalMart for 2 hours is not your best choice? Can you think of anywhere other than medical offices or hospitals that are more likely to be infected? We have no delusions that we aren't all or will shortly be infected. This isn't the place to be.

YADeb
My parents were at Costco a couple of weeks ago. Couldn't find most of what they needed, and they weren't looking to hoard, just buy the normal amount they always do...but I digress. My mom said a lot of people were wearing masks. One guy removed his, coughed, and put it back on. WTH!?
Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 06:21 PM  
Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
My girls and I are missing the library. My book purchasing has definitely gone up this month!

My subscribe and save coffee order (Amazon) came on time/early this month, so I'm set for a while.
Do you have a Kindle or some device where you can install an e-reader app? Does your library have e-books or do you access to one that does? I rent books onto my Kindle all the time.
Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 06:21 PM  
Gams

I couldn’t agree more. I just had a 15 minute conversation with a woman where we discussed how irresponsible the people are who won’t stay put. She agreed with me whole heartedly and then said, “Well, I’ll see you in a week or so when we come up to our cabin.” (from Chicago)
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 06:28 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

YAD, I'm glad you took a breath and waited to post to this thread. I can't imagine what a circus you must be experiencing every time you work. Even under "normal" circumstances you probably have seen a lot of crazy behavior, and these times are anything but "normal." Feel free to vent. I also believe some of these clueless people are trying to pretend that all is normal and passion pink nail polish may delude them into thinking all is well. Even rational people can turn into idiots when there's a crisis and honestly many people aren't that rational. Thank you for all you are doing. There would be no supplies for anyone without our folks in retail!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 08:55 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I know this is crazy and totally non-essential, but I’m afraid Starbuck’s is going to close. Hubby and I walk every morning and then go to Starbucks. I think I’ve had a Skinny Latte every day for the last 3 years!

Our regular Starbucks already closed, as did the next closest one. Two nearby are still open. I’ve saved some lids so I can wash them and bring clean ones with us every day since the window person usually hands the cup out while holding the lid and, even if they don’t, someone had to put the lid on with their palm.

Dumb, I know. Plus, I have a Nespresso machine that I haven’t used in ages!
I thought Starbucks closed all their locations last week. I heard this as we were leaving for Cleveland to get DDs stuff from her college dorm. They said that a few of their places would be open like in or near hospitals but the one by University Hospital was closed.

ETA: I really did NOT want to drive out to Ohio under this public health emergency but classes were cancelled for the semester while she was on spring break. They wanted stuff cleared out and are only allowing students who absolutely cannot leave to stay. I thought it would be a crowded madhouse but there was hardly anyone there. Thank goodness. I have barely left the house since and only to mail some letters and take walks.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 09:02 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Only the Starbucks drive-thrus are open - same as other restaurants. Some are totally closed. I think it’s up to the franchise owners or district managers.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 09:21 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

The local candy place that has been here forever has been sending out emails saying they were taking online and phone orders and offering curbside pickup.
I ordered some chocolate covered strawberries and raspberries and they were waiting for me on their porch. There were other orders waiting.
I count that as a non-essential essential. The choc covered berries are the only thing I ever get there.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 12:43 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
My girls and I are missing the library. My book purchasing has definitely gone up this month!

My subscribe and save coffee order (Amazon) came on time/early this month, so I'm set for a while.
Look into downloading library books to your Kindle or tablet (kindle or overdrive ap). I save lots of money doing this and they are still “open.”

Lori
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 07:08 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

I miss the library too. I know there are books to download etc and I have tons of my own books to read but I miss GOING to the library. There's just something about it that is calming for me and I love browsing.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19