Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-20, 02:11 PM  
Vantreesta

April 2020 Add 'em up Goals Challenge ~Focus on one day at a time with us!

Come join us in setting and achieving goals to promote your overall wellness! We are a friendly and welcoming group who love to chat when we have time, but please also feel free to join us if you want to just focus on your goals. No pressure here to address everyone; share as little or as much as you want!

We have been doing this challenge for many years now. While it is not strictly about fitness goals, we agree that our daily life goals work together with our fitness goals to make us happier and more balanced, so we combine them in this challenge. Feel free to join us! You can tailor it to your schedule if you need to take a week off for vacation or only count so many days. Whatever works for you!

Premise: Choose your goals for the month. Every time you complete a goal you get a point. Multiply your number of daily goals by the number of days in the month. This is your max total points. If you choose, reward yourself for reaching a certain percentage of your max possible (I use 90% for my personal goal), multiply by your max to get your total goal points. I also give myself extra credit options.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 02:13 PM  
Vantreesta

Vannie's April Goals

1. Up by 7:00 AM
2. In bed by 11:00 PM
3. At least an hour of housework each weekday
4. No working on projects after 10:00 PM
5. Floss daily
6. Wear retainers 4x/week

7. Drink 80 oz water a day
8. Take all supplements
9. Protein for breakfast 5x/week
10. No eating after 10 PM
11. No seconds at supper 5x/week
12. Stop adding salt to my plate (this will be a challenge for me, lifelong salt-adder plus I don't tend to salt enough while cooking, but since kidney problems seem to run in my family I want to be more proactive in protecting mine; will experiment with more healthful seasonings)
13. Eat veggies daily

14. Train Cyric at least 5 days/week
15. Brush Cyric 2 days/week

16. PT rehab 5 days/week
17. Foam roll/ball massage 2 days/week
18. Strength training 3 days/week
19. Yoga/stretch/Pilates daily
20. Run 3 days/week
21. Jump rope 3 days/week

22. Daily meditation and ODB
23. Daily logging in meditation/gratitude journal

Extra credit:
1. 7 hours of sleep (10 pts)
2. 20000 steps
3. New workout done
4. Run with Cyric
5. Walk/run total 4 miles with Cyric in a day
6. Getting hubby to walk with me! (this is a longshot...I may give myself more than 1 point if it happens!)

Max possible points: 550 (18.3 avg pts/day)
Points goal (90%): 495 (16.5 avg pts/day)
Reward: personal satisfaction!

April 1-5 pts (out of avg 92) ~ %
April 6-12 pts (out of avg 128) ~ %
April 13-19 pts (out of avg 128) ~ %
April 20-26 pts (out of avg 128) ~ %
April 27-30 pts (out of avg 74) ~ %

total for the month: /550 ~ %

Cyric's training
Tue 7th--obedience 7 minutes; we've worked on reactivity I think every day bc more dogs are out now so we see at least one on most walks

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 03-22-20, 05:46 PM  
MathTeacher

I'm in!

I will not work full time again until April 19. After that my goals may change.

April 1 - 19

1. Morning exercise through the 19th at least
2. One mile with Leslie
3. Drink water
4. Meet daily step goal
5. Go outside

Bonus
Meet hourly step goal on Fitbit.

April 20 - 30

TBA
Old 03-23-20, 11:59 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Katie's April Goals

Daily for 1 pt each:
1. supplements/vitamins
2. 75 oz water
3. Daily Devotion
4. walk, dvd, or youtube, walk must be tracked with pedometer.
5. Keep up with Daily Exercise Chart
6. Declutter: Puttering approach

Extra credit: 1 pt each
1. additional walk, dvd, or youtube clip.
Two Free Days!

Total Points Available: 180 pts Goal: 179 pts

Total: 172 pts

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 12:07 PM  
Vantreesta

Yay, I have a plan and a spreadsheet for April!

Old 04-01-20, 08:49 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Wow, we got quite a bit more snow today than expected. Should be nice again by the weekend. Vannie, I think this snow will be in your territory next.

My goals have changed a little. Planning on using the pedometer for each walk and keep track. I don't have a specific distance/number of steps in mind just want to see what my walks are doing.

Once again, towards the end of the month, my water goals fell apart. So I need to recommit to that.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 04-01-20, 08:59 PM  
Vantreesta

Katie, it sounds like my father-in-law is in line for your snow. I think we're supposed to just get rain on Friday. I didn't get enough snow this winter but I'm okay with just moving on from it this time. I'd rather not have more mud, which we fortunately missed for the most part bc Cyric was at the kennel so much in March.

Sherry, I definitely can see the drive thru being safer and no doubt a chai or mocha hits the spot for comforting (I always say chai is my happy hour), I was just stuck on the word essential. But I'm glad your daughter will still be able to make her payments! And I agree dogs make it much easier to get up and go walk.

MT, are you working on puzzles? Have they extended the time away from school? My nephews won't be in the classroom the rest of the school year.

Scarlett, I hope you're getting out and enjoying the fresh air and sunshine! The outdoors are such a spirit booster and you have the beautiful mountains and sunsets to enjoy.

I tried to do Kassandra's new yoga challenge this morning but I was too dizzy, vertigo again but thankfully mild this time. I took it easy today, no long walks or running, just three regular walks, crocheting and going through paper clutter in the guest room.

Old 04-01-20, 09:21 PM  
MathTeacher

Vannie, I have not done a puzzle yet. I have been working on a cross stitch of the US. It is really cool.

We are out through April 17.
Old 04-02-20, 12:40 PM  
Leonana

I wish I had kept our puzzles! We never did them, so I gave them to Goodwill. I was at Walmart today, picking up cat litter and Listerine, and forgot to check for puzzles. I tried to get in to Costco during Senior Hours, but there were still about 200 people in line, so I left. I found everything I needed at Walmart, thankfully.

I did take a walk this morning, and it was really nice. There were a lot of people on the canal path, but it was easy to maintain distance. It was so nice to be around people, and smile and wave at them.

MT, I think Arizona is out for the rest of the year.

Katie, I really miss having a dog. But the cats are so much more relaxed, and I'd hate to stress them out. Chica and Jesse were bad about chasing them, and I never could get them trained to stop. They never hurt them, but it did limit the cats movements.

Vannie, for some reason hair salons are essential in our state. Also, pawn shops, nail salons and barbershops. That's a head scratcher, I think. The mayors of cities who want more restrictions are really frustrated. I have to admit, this quote by the mayor of Phoenix made me chuckle a little bit: “I think we need to focus more on stopping the spread of Covid-19 and less on the quality of our nails,” she told me. “And I say that as someone whose nails look terrible right now.” It's definitely political here.

I initially thought that dh's moving company would be non-essential, but I guess people still have to move. His company also got the contract to warehouse and deliver hospital equipment. However, I don't know if he would get that work, he would need a different kind of truck. He has been incredibly busy, more than usual. I'm wondering if other personnel have been pulled off regular moves to work the hospital deliveries. Or maybe some of the workers are afraid to come in. Whatever the reason, I'm making sure we save as much as we can while he's busy.
Old 04-02-20, 02:04 PM  
Catahoula Cate

MT, the cross stitch sounds great! I used to do cross stitch and it was fun.

Vannie, we are really in for mud once this snow melts. Not going to melt today though.

Sherry, that is interesting that salons and barbershops are considered essential. They are not here in Montana. DH really like's his hair short and has reached the point where he is actually considering letting me cut it. I don't know if that's a good idea or not.

Waves to Scarlett, pop in and say hello when you can.

Do The Next Thing!