Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-01-20, 06:48 AM  
furmomof6

Pilates Cross-Trainers: January 2020 Check-In!

Happy New Year!

I just wanted to start us off. I'll be back to check-in later.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 07:18 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Happy New Year Everyone!

Thanks Christine for starting us in new year and a new decade.
Checking in with my VF New Year's Marathon workouts for today.

GHUTV Walk & Tone to the Max - 40m
ePilates Waist, Waist and More Waist - 23m

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!
Old 01-01-20, 07:47 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

New Year's Eve workouts were:

Get Healthy U TV - Walk, Sweat & Sculpt: Upper Body - 33 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Short & Sweet Pilates - 15 minutes

I do like this Get Healthy U TV walk - Dana is right, the music isn't great, but it doesn't drive me crazy and it at least keeps the beat. The toning feels like real toning to me - not like Leslie toning, which just feels like filler.

My New Year's resolution is just to add back more pilates to my workouts. Very vague and flexible...

Mercy - a new decade! Who remembers the Y2K scare?

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 08:18 AM  
fanofladyvols

Hey thanks Christine!

My workout was Xtrain legs and delts with the 100 hip thrusts challenge.

Hope you all have a great first day of 2020!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 10:03 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year!

Yesterday, in addition to my formal workout - DD and I took another walk. We have walked quite a bit this break - I ended up with over 12K steps. I think it is easier for teens to talk when walking b/c they don't have to make eye contact. We haven't had many deep conversations on our walks, but at least we are communicating and there is no phone! LOL. Maybe I can convince her to go again today. I wish my doggie was able to walk longer distances, but w/ her arthritis, she just can't and my other doggie doesn't really like to walk, she'd rather stay at home and play ball.

Anyway - today was:

Trifecta Pilates - January 2020 workout - bend and stretch - this was LONG one - as in over an hour, but I enjoyed the slower pace and attention to detail. I can't always set aside this much time, but today worked for me.

So far, I like the membership site. And, in fact, I may change my plans and focus on that instead of yoga. I think Pilates may help me more in terms of rebuilding strength, stability and balance. But, we shall see!

I also did - Pahla B - Hot 100 Day #1 - including a warm-up, cool-down and finisher.

So, my plan for the month is either Pilates or Yoga with a Hot 100 workout and as much walking and informal exercise I can fit in.

I hope everyone has a good day and start to the new year!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 01:02 PM  
furmomof6

Shaped by Faith: Pilates for the Soul, 20 Minute Mat

I took a look at Jessica's challenge for Day 1 and decided I didn't want to repeat it. I wasn't all that into the FW challenge at this point either, so I'm sticking with what I like!

Nice first workouts of the New Year, everyone!

Carol, I remember that! LOL!

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 01-01-20, 01:17 PM  
donnamp

Oh yes, Y2K!!! Hard to believe that was 20 years ago!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 06:09 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

New Year's Day workouts were

Get Healthy U TV: 1 Mile Power Walk - 15 minutes & Lower Body Shred - 10 minutes; Pilates Nest - Gentle Neck Friendly Pilates - 16 minutes

I think this month I will focus on Get Healthy U TV workouts for strength and light cardio, and Pilates Nest for pilates. I can tell I've been off the pilates bandwagon this past month. I've lost a lot of core strength. It takes me so long to make progress in this area and almost no time to lose my hard fought gains in strength. Duh! I know better than to lay off the pilates. I've put together a rotation of Pilates Nest & Get Healthy U TV for January. We'll see how well I do.

Donna - I agree. I think my son talks more when we walk. Our dogs would love a walk every day, but we have had a lot of wind lately, and I hate walking in the wind.

Y2K - my ex was a bank president and I can tell you that they (the bankers) were plenty nervous. He was stockpiling water, etc. at our house...

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 10:46 AM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Shaped by Faith: Standing Pilates

I plan to get a walk in later too since it's going to be around 50 and sunny!

Carol, I remember stocking up on bottled water and non-perishable foods too! Everyone thought something catastrophic was going to happen at midnight.

Old 01-02-20, 12:08 PM  
cherimac

Tucker took a turn for the worse. We have finally figured out that he is in severe kidney failure and is being euthanized tomorrow. Please Pray.