Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-04-20, 09:20 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Today’s workouts:
~Essentrics Precho 9 - standing
~JumpSport streaming: Level 1 Cardio SanFran Fitness, 15 min only - This was a bit too fast paced and higher impact than my back is ready for. I do think there isn’t the selection of lower key workouts I’d like.
~Headstand practice - have been missing my bench!
~Gaia: AM Yoga For Your Week, Twists - My low back & SI loved this one!

Cyana - That almond butter looks amazing! I’m glad I’m trying JS streaming but know I won’t renew. Like you I feel my $ will be better spent elsewhere and I like to do my own thing. Nice job cleaning out cabinets!

Pat - So sorry the bug is lingering & hope you feel better soon. I hope you enjoy Yogaglo!

Margot & Jackie - Sasha’s workout is definitely on my to do list. Right now I’m getting PCW 9 ready to debut at my Tues class.

Sherry - I hope you’re feeling back to normal.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-20, 09:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! I got a little more active yesterday:

~ Brief floor PT
~ A little stroll at the beach: misty, chilly and foggy
~ Went through some weight machines at gym
~ Sadhana Day ?? - "Supple Shoulders" by Felicia Tomasko, a sweet 15 minute shoulder opening practice.

I'll catch up tomorrow - I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-20, 11:58 AM  
sherry7899

Pat, I am glad you felt well enough to get movement in.

Cyana, I like reading about your healthy food finds.

Today:

-Soul Sweat with Lucy "Empire State of Mind" 40 minutes of the class
-15 minutes of an NIA workout (I needed something mellow for a little more cardio)
-meditation
-Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge Qi Gong Day 1

Have a nice afternoon!
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-20, 06:22 PM  
cyana

Today:
MFML - I did the first four segments in the Tune In Tune Up series with Andrea Kwiatkowski (Jivamukti and yin instructor)
Warm Up - Sun Salutations (not long and wasn't too wristy)
The Sacral Center
The Root Center
The Solar Plexus

I didn't remember having done the Root segment but couldn't find it until I'd already done the sacral center. Oh well, it appears world order was not disrupted by working my chakras out of order!

MFML - Mediation: Counting the Breath - Nikita Akilapa
YT - LWR - 4 Minute Standing Abs post 10.10.2019 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwKMmEQVRyY (this would be a good mid-day quickie - you need a yoga strap, belt, etc.)

Need to go check the oven and see if the chicken is ready. Will catch up with everyone later.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-20, 08:03 PM  
cyana

Chicken was good and there are plenty of leftovers. And I put the carcass in the freezer for making bone broth/stock.

Sherry - My daily Fiji Ginger almond butter allotment is one rounded teaspoon per day. I may see if I can get a case of that stuff. DS would love it as much as I do - I could give it as gifts!

Pat - I'd take a foggy and misty beach walk, but could live without the chilly part. We've had a lot of wind recently, which makes it feel worse than the actual temps.

Pam - I was spoiled by the variety of Fayth videos on Bellicon Home - and an intensity level to match whatever you needed on a particular day.

I'm going to try to hit the sack early this evening so I'll have time to work out and hit the shower before work in the AM. Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-20, 09:59 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Essentrics PCW 9 - all
~4 km walk
~Body Groove: Groovy Pilates - this was nice, but it felt more like ballet than Pilates
~Headstand practice
~Gaia: AMY4YW: Hip Openers - love the seated flow in this one

Cyana - I like Andrea, her chattiness has grown on me. Her yin class at the wall is a favorite of mine. Yes Fayth offered lots variety in her workouts, I’m sure she’s missed! I love having leftovers & chicken bones go straight into my IP.

Pat & Sherry- Nice day for both of you, glad you’re both feeling better!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-20, 10:10 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I need to get going on making bone broth!

Today's workout was Gail's 40 min strengthening workout on ETV. I messed around a bit with Sasha's afterwards. Too cold and windy to walk. DS and I tried and turned around.

Cyana and Pam what is JS?

Hello to all!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-20, 09:12 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Pretty sure I'm at Day 13 - two glorious YogaGlo meditations, one with Tias Little and one with Rod Stryker.

A gym workout was on tap, but I had so much housework / groceries to catch up on, and then dinner. I tried another sheet pan recipe and it was another success - shrimp with cauliflower.

Sherry, yesterday was a real good day of exercise for you.

Cyana, Jivamukti and Yin sound like an interesting combo for a teacher. It was windy by me too yesterday! Kudos on your reorganization. I had a yoga subscription (My Yoga something?) a few years back and it had a few David Life and Sharon Gannon videos. Interesting individuals.

Pam I am loving YogaGlo! It's so much improved from when I got disenchanted with them and quit. I think you would enjoy it too ....

Good morning Margot and Jackie. Everyone have a healthy and happy day.
Old 01-06-20, 10:39 AM  
sherry7899

Pat, so glad you enjoy YogaGlo. I am tempted to try it, but I have so much yoga I haven't done yet.

Jackie, I hope it warms up so you can walk today.

Pam, thank you!

Hi Cyana and Margot!

Today:

Sarah Beth yoga-some mellow floor practice I can't remember the name of
meditation
Soul Sweat with Tori "Observing the Self" 40 minutes. I'll get back to hour long cardio eventually.

Have a great day-
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 08:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning ladies! Yesterday featured:

~ KCM Build & Burn Upper Body Supersets
~ Day 14, a 30 minute Glo practice called Fun Low Back Maintenance with Alex van Frank. It was so different than the usual lying on the back stuff, more movement and pretty effective too.

Have a great day Sherry and all who follow.