Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-20, 06:37 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I feel like barre workouts are kind of like pizza...... there are various different kinds and you need to figure out if you like thick or thin crust, etc. I think you're going to get a variety of answers and you will probably just have to experiment and see what clicks for you. Good luck!
I agree. There are a lot of good ones. I hesitate to add what I like because I don’t even know if they are all available as DVDs anymore, and I’m assuming DVDs are what is wanted.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 07:39 PM  
lingo10

I enjoy Exhale Core Fusion, Xtend Barre, Barre3 and Ellen Barrett's Barre workouts.

FT25 Alpha, Beta, Gamma Grad 4/14
Insanity Grad 8/14
Insanity Max 30 Grad 3/15, 2x Grad 11/15
Current Programs/Workouts: Caroline Girvan's Iron Series & Other Mixed Workouts.
lingo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 09:07 AM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
I agree. There are a lot of good ones. I hesitate to add what I like because I don’t even know if they are all available as DVDs anymore, and I’m assuming DVDs are what is wanted.
I would not mind non dvd suggestions
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 09:28 AM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
Looks like I have some of the exhale core fusions workouts.

Has anyone have any opinions on the Openfit site? With Andrea Rogers
I signed up with a 60 day free trial (there’s a groupon link on 2lazy4gym.com). I ended up cancelling after trying a couple workout and not lasting more than 10 minutes. I have a hard time with the pace and while Andrea seems like a lovely person, her tone of voice and the frenetic pace of her instruction were deal breakers for me. I like my barre to be more relaxing and meditative. I tried the free Barre Blend workout on YouTube and even though that one is faster paced than I prefer, I really like Elise. I’m not willing to sign up for BBOD and pay for early access right now, but may consider it once the series is available to all subscribers.
I really like The Ballet Physique workouts for a traditional studio barre class.
The Exhale Core Fusion DVD’s are really nice as well.
I wish I liked Bar Method, but all the workouts are so similar that they end up having a dread factor. It’s pretty much the same push up and tricep moves in every single workout.
I used to subscribe to Suzanne Bowen’s Streaming sight, but she hasn’t been updating the site. I read on IG yesterday that she will have new workouts, but they will be led by one of her Barre Amped instructors.

Barre 3 offers a fusion workout, so it’s not traditional barre, but they do provide a nice cardio factor and I like their core work. I do feel like there are too many squats, which can irritate my hip flexors. It is nice that they have a variety of instructors, so you can try different people and see who you click with. I really like Christa Joy, Shannon, Meredith, and Ronni (although they removed a few of Ronni’s workouts when they redid the website).

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 09:46 AM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL View Post
I signed up with a 60 day free trial (there’s a groupon link on 2lazy4gym.com). I ended up cancelling after trying a couple workout and not lasting more than 10 minutes. I have a hard time with the pace and while Andrea seems like a lovely person, her tone of voice and the frenetic pace of her instruction were deal breakers for me. I like my barre to be more relaxing and meditative. I tried the free Barre Blend workout on YouTube and even though that one is faster paced than I prefer, I really like Elise. I’m not willing to sign up for BBOD and pay for early access right now, but may consider it once the series is available to all subscribers.
I really like The Ballet Physique workouts for a traditional studio barre class.
The Exhale Core Fusion DVD’s are really nice as well.
I wish I liked Bar Method, but all the workouts are so similar that they end up having a dread factor. It’s pretty much the same push up and tricep moves in every single workout.
I used to subscribe to Suzanne Bowen’s Streaming sight, but she hasn’t been updating the site. I read on IG yesterday that she will have new workouts, but they will be led by one of her Barre Amped instructors.

Barre 3 offers a fusion workout, so it’s not traditional barre, but they do provide a nice cardio factor and I like their core work. I do feel like there are too many squats, which can irritate my hip flexors. It is nice that they have a variety of instructors, so you can try different people and see who you click with. I really like Christa Joy, Shannon, Meredith, and Ronni (although they removed a few of Ronni’s workouts when they redid the website).
Thanks Linda! I like the looks of xtend barre but like you said I think the moves are pretty quick. I am not in shape and my balance isn't the greatest. I did sign up for a free 30 days and have yet to try it. I will look at the Barre3 site.
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 02:46 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Ballet Barre with Janice Lennard Dvd.
Old 04-06-20, 08:15 PM  
Scorpio6

Cardio barre

I like Cardio Barre for the fact it has moves different from the same old Lotte Berk-based workouts. A man (Richard giorla) invented CB & it has a cardio factor other barre workouts don't.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 07:43 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I feel like barre workouts are kind of like pizza...... there are various different kinds and you need to figure out if you like thick or thin crust, etc. I think you're going to get a variety of answers and you will probably just have to experiment and see what clicks for you. Good luck!
This, fer shur.

That said, my faves are Physique 57, barre3 and Ballet Physique.

For live studio classes, I would recommend Bar Method, as they are REALLY attentive to form and they're all over the country. But honestly, the workouts are quite boring and repetitive, IMO.

If you have Instagram, Physique 57 are doing live classes led by instructors in their homes during the corona quarantine. The videos are available for 24 hours.

All the studios I've mentioned have free trials of their streaming (along with many other brands), so as Bee noted, you can try them out and see which ones resonate with you.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 09:56 AM  
mbcatac7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
Looks like I have some of the exhale core fusions workouts.

Has anyone have any opinions on the Openfit site? With Andrea Rogers
I tried Xtend Barre on Openfit. I want to like it..but it moves so fast. I like my Barre workouts to focus on the movement and technique and form. She moves so fast on some of the moves..it's impossible to keep form up.
Old 04-14-20, 11:36 AM  
juliel
VF Supporter

I have an exhale core fusion dvd that I will send if you want it (sase). just pm me.

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre workouts