Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-02-20, 03:04 PM  
Leonana

Katie, lol on the hair cut. My dh actually wants me to cut his hair! He hates to take the time to go in. I've tried it, but I do a terrible job! I need to watch some you tube videos I guess. Fortunately, he had a buzz cut a couple of weeks ago, so he's good for awhile.
Old 04-05-20, 01:13 PM  
Catahoula Cate

plugging along....still drying out from our last storm. Hope to get back into walking mode tomorrow. Have a had some good youtube exercise videos to view recently.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 04:09 PM  
Vantreesta

I really should get on my computer more often bc doing personals is so much easier that way than on my phone.

I was a slug all wknd. Hubby and I watched The Hobbit trilogy. I saw them in the theater but hadn't watched them again and hubby had never seen them so it was nice to watch them together.

This morning I did days 4 and 5 of Kassandra's Morning Yoga Movement first thing. After breakfast we walked 4.43 mi then I ran 1.48 mi and finally did my PT exercises for the first time in over a month. I cleaned some in the laundry room, did dog laundry and scrubbed the floor in that room. I mixed up two batches of cookies that are chilling in the fridge now to bake while supper cooks: yellow lemon moons and orange orange pumpkins. Hubby says it's not Halloween so I shouldn't be wearing Jack Skellington shirt but I don't think that will stop him from eating Halloween cookies!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 06:04 PM  
Leonana

Vannie, sounds yummy!

We have warmer weather here, highs in low 80's, lows are in the 50's. It's my favorite time of year, I love this weather. It's supposed to cool down to the 60's on Friday, but back to 80's next week.

I painted the side of one of my kitchen cabinets today, with some leftover paint. It's the side behind my trash can, at the entrance to the kitchen. The stain was rubbed off, so I decided to paint it off white, like the wall next to it. I think it looks pretty good. I would love to have white cabinets, but it will be awhile before we can replace them. About a month ago, I did touch up the stain on the cabinets, so they look much nicer.
Old 04-06-20, 08:01 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, those cookes sound yummy!

Sherry, your weather sounds perfect!

I got two walks in today. Yay! And then I took on the task of trimming DH's hair for the first time ever. I used my portable horse clippers for most of it and then scissors a little. I can't believe it! DH even said that with a little tweaking, he'd want me to do it again. I never saw that coming. I was kind of nervous about the whole thing. I trim my own hair and can clip a horse but that's about it for my comfort zone.

I also did something I haven't done in a long time. I ordered a dvd. Actually one I think I put in the thrift box a while back and wished I hadn't. It's Stott Pilates, Firm and Fit. I found it on ebay.

Waves to Scarlett and MT. Have a good night everyone!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 08:36 PM  
MathTeacher

Our governor closed all schools for the rest of the year today. I promise I work harder remotely than I ever do at work.

Vannie, the cookies sound really good. I'll let you wear whatever you want if you'll make me cookies!

Sherry, hair and nail salons were shut down almost immediately in Arkansas.
I do my own nails but I have not done them since early March. They look terrible. I get my hair every four weeks. This could turn ugly very soon.

Katie, DH buzzes his own hair. I am glad I will not be asked to cut it! It would be a mess.

BIG BIG HUG, Scarlett!!!
Old 04-06-20, 09:06 PM  
Leonana

I’ve been stringing together short Jessica Smith you tube videos lately. Nothing today since I did some painting. I’m going to try for an outdoor walk tomorrow.

Katie good job on the hair cutting. Dh wants me to do it, and I have cleaned him up between cuts, but I’m afraid it’s not very straight! We do have electric clippers, though.

MT, I’ve heard that virtual teaching takes a lot more time and effort. I admire you for what you are doing for your students. Our governor was reluctant to shut anything down, each time it was pressure from citizens or officials.

Waves to Scarlett!
Old 04-07-20, 10:41 PM  
Vantreesta

Our morning walk was only 2.43 mi today then I ran1.57 mi and did days 6 and 7 of Kassandra's yoga challenge. I can't seem to get more done than that. Other than our other two shorter walks every day. Cleaned the kitchen and some windows, did a load of laundry and dusted the living room.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 04-08-20, 01:08 PM  
Vantreesta

First thing this morning was PT exercises and then day 8 of Kassandra's Morning Yoga Movement challenge. This worked well. After a 3.91 mi walk with my boy I ran 1.67 mi and did S11E7 of Classical Stretch. I am loving the short daily runs after our longer walks. It got up to 70 yesterday but I think only 53 for the high today and I think they said the high Monday should be 38!

We are seeing a lot of people out walking and more dogs. Cyric started on Prozac a week and a half ago and it does seem to be helping some so he doesn't zoom past threshold right away when he sees the other dogs so I am better able to work on training him to be less reactive. We still have a ways to go but I celebrate every little victory we have!

Old 04-08-20, 02:11 PM  
Vantreesta

Governor just extended stay at home orders till May 4.