Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-28-20, 07:27 AM  
bfj
VF Supporter

Hi

Barre and yoga done for today.

Have a great day.
bfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-20, 07:29 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Hi-

Today was Cathe Live- Ramped Up Total Body (1/23/20). This one has three aspects I’m not crazy about:
Lots of equipment
Gliding disks ( I detest them)
Weights on a stability ball (I don’t ever feel secure)

Oh, well. At least it was a thorough workout.
Have a great night!

Lori
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-20, 06:59 PM  
bfj
VF Supporter

Hi

Barre and yoga done for today.

Lori, love your reviews Hope the art show went very well.

Jen, Maureen, Janice, hope all is very well. Thinking about you.

Have a great evening.
Old 01-30-20, 09:32 AM  
fitjen

Hi!

I actually got in a workout yesterday! BF had to have some skin cancer surgery, so I took off to take him, and I was able to get a workout in prior. I did ICE Metabolic Total Body 30 Min Timesaver. It felt great! He's doing well, just a little pain, but they got it all and it was a Basal Cell Carcinoma, so thankful it wasn't melanoma. He coached for 25+ years and has had several others removed. It would be nice to go back in time and use sunscreen, but that wasn't really stressed back then.

I plan to do a workout this evening after work.

Lori - Thanks for the review. I like gliding discs for legs, but I hate them for upper body. I do like the ball, though. It makes me feel like I'm working my lower body/core when it's an upper body workout.

Have a great day!
Old 01-30-20, 12:39 PM  
bfj
VF Supporter

Hi

Jen, glad you BF took care of it. Glad you got some exercise in.

I did my barre and yoga for the day.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 01-31-20, 09:07 AM  
bfj
VF Supporter

Happy Friday and last day of January

Did my barre and yoga for the day.

Hope you all have a wonderful day. See you in February
Old 01-31-20, 09:41 AM  
fitjen

Hi!

Another workout to report! Yesterday after work was FitSplit Metabolic Conditioning. I had to modify on the walking planks on two parts, but I did another plank. At least another one down, and that helped with DOMS! I have to go to the grocery store this evening, so I'm not sure about tonight, but definitely Saturday and Sunday! I'm going to do February right!

Have a great Friday!!
Old 01-31-20, 01:53 PM  
SeaChell

Hi ladies.

Janice-I am so sorry to hear of your brother, Eddie’s, passing. Prayers to you and your family.

Jen - so happy to hear BF’s skin cancer has been taken care of!

Now for my tale.. When all the results came back they found a low-grade stage one cancer. The cyst on my ovary had burst before or during surgery. That seems to be the problem as everything else that was biopsied came back benign. Yesterday I began 18 cycles of chemotherapy. Of course, the first cycle was a little daunting. I had no idea what to expect. But today I feel much more relaxed about the whole process. My doctor told me my prognosis is excellent. They are doing the chemotherapy to cover all bases to make sure we get rid of it all. Let me tell you I feel fine and, at my check-up, my surgeon said all is healing great. I have never had any pain and the bleeding was the only symptom. I’m not sure about side effects from the chemo. They are giving me low doses and he described it as being a gentle process. If, down the road, I do get side effects I’m determined to handle them. The one side effect I am dreading is the loss of my hair, if that happens. I know I can purchase a wig but, for now, I am not going to think about that. I have begun to work out again. Last week I did three Leslie Sansone walking DVDs and I feel great. Initially, I had an incredibly hard time with all of this. However, I feel much better believing that I will be fine when all is said and done. So that’s everything to the moment and I will be back to continue to post my workouts. Thank you for all your love and prayers they are so appreciated.

Maureen
SeaChell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-20, 03:28 PM  
fitjen

Hi!

Maureen!!!! - I'm SO glad to hear from you to let us know what's going on! I can understand your apprehension, but it sounds like your doctor has prepared you well, and you are prepared to handle whatever comes your way! I'll pray that you will be able to keep your hair, but most importantly, you! Take best care!
Old 01-31-20, 03:49 PM  
bfj
VF Supporter

Maureen
So awesome to hear from you. So glad you are in good hands. You inspire me with your strength and attitude. Way to go. We are rooting for you and are with you in thoughts every step of the way.
So proud of you.