Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-18-20, 11:56 AM  
rhbrand

Any Planners out there? Not OT

I'm trying to really get back to my fitness again, and I'm trying to get worked up a good fitness planner.

I'm a little more into getting a bullet journal started with a couple fitness planners and wondered if anyone on VF has a fitness planner or uses a bullet journal to track your fitness.

TIA!
Old 04-18-20, 01:25 PM  
starbelly

I use a regular appointment agenda and choose ones that have several lines per day. I track the minutes per activity and the types of activities (yoga, Pilates, cardio, etc.) and track my weight per week. I find it useful to have a bound agenda as it lets me refer back to what I was doing in years past and how different activities affect my overall fitness and shape. The one I have this year has some extra blank lines per week which I use to describe how I am feeling (energetic, achy, whatever) which can help to shape how I plan the coming weeks.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 10:20 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

I'm not working out consistently right now so have just been noting whatever I do in my Erin Condren vertical. Last year I had a mini size Happy Planner and downloaded a couple of different free printables. HP does have some dedicated fitness planners.

In the past I have used coil-bound student planners to track the workout, weight used, thoughts, mood, etc.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 01:24 PM  
Cybersparkle

I just google search (& especially look at the images tab) whenever I need any kind of bullet journal tracker. Here are so many fun looking ideas to explore depending on your specific needs.

fitness trackers

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn how to surf! ~Jon Kabat-Zinn
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 02:27 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I just created a table in Word with the following Columns - Week (first date of the week), Mon - Sun columns (to track workouts), and Total Miles (because I track how many miles I run/walk during the week).

I kept it simple but you can add anything you want in it. I've been doing this for a few years and it's nice to be able to go back and see what I've done at any point. Plus I like to keep track of mileage.

I can also see if I need to add in more weights or run/walks. If I do a lower body, I have to do an upper body only that week or a total body. I'm a little anal about that stuff, lol.

HTH,
Kathy
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 03:27 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

the one time i tracked my workouts consistently was when i had the most success. i tracked "actual/completed" data such as names of the workouts and how many minutes, my weight and body fat %. that was it.

i used a simple black and white composition book.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 06:38 PM  
rhbrand

I started making a bullet journal which for now, will be 99% fitness tracking. If things get back to more normal I'll track work and babysitting, but for now it will be fitness.

I'm going to track steps, sleep, my weight, workouts, my daily mood, and weather.

Tags
calendars, diary, journal, journals, logging, planners, workout log, workout logs