Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-14, 05:37 PM  
rede2bfit

Fitbit Force Recall

I know that some VFers were having skin irritation problems with the Force. There's now a voluntary recall.

http://www.fitbit.com/forcesupport
rede2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-14, 06:14 PM  
Wanda
VF Supporter

Wow, I'm impressed by this company's response to the skin irritation problem.
Wanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-14, 06:45 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I returned mine because I had a red spot BUT mine was not contact dermatitis. It was in a rectangle shape the same size as the charging section ... and I had red marks that lined up with the prongs on the charging section. Mine bubbled up and finally went away after about 4 weeks.

My husband works in sporting goods and said that he's seen several people with worse 'burns' than what I have come into the store.

FitBit did reimburse me for returning the Force. They are easy to work with and I can't wait for their improved Force someday! "Til then I've got my Ultra on!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-14, 07:29 PM  
Ann1964

I really have not experienced the rash, but don't want to keep since they are recalled. Sending mine back, and I like the ones that I can attach to bra better. Get tired of explaining what it is.
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-14, 08:22 AM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

I had a problem with the GoWear Fit pulling off a whole layer of skin where the sensor was when I took the unit off my arm to take a shower. They took it back with a full refund, no hassle. It's been over a year and I still have the scar. I wouldn't buy another one of those types of sensor units, though I'm sure there is greater accuracy than the clip style Fitbit.
Old 02-22-14, 09:27 AM  
KayB
VF Supporter

I own a Fitbit One. Very impressive company & it's dedication to customer service. I'm a loyal fan!
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-14, 09:32 AM  
susan p
VF Supporter

I wish I had bought a Force before they stopped selling them . . .
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-14, 10:25 AM  
andtckrtoo

A friend of mine had a Force for months, had a really bad day and got really stressed and her wrist broke out. She never had a reaction to nickel before. I love my Force, but I, too, will be sending mine back. I have a Flex and a One (yeah - a bit addicted to these things). I'll stick with the Flex. It's smaller anyway.
Old 02-22-14, 10:45 AM  
lotusgirl

I have one, and I've had no rash problems. However, I don't wear mine when bathing or sleeping. With it being winter, I have no way of knowing if I'll get a rash when I'm dripping with sweat, such as when I walk outside during my area's super hot, humid and long summers.

The company's response is remarkable.
Old 02-22-14, 11:00 AM  
raeven

Yah I'm kinda bummed about all of this too. Thankfully I haven't had the burn issue..but right now I see a lot of back and forth, but no concrete word on whether or not they'll continue to support the force. I'm thinking I might go ahead and do the recall on mine and wear the flex in the meantime. Plus the garmin vivofit is coming out at the end of March apparently, and I've had my eye on it anyway. So maybe try that until we see what fitbit has in the works.
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitbit, fitbit force, recall, skin irritation