Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-20, 11:56 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Speaking of "mis-speaking," it drives me crazy in Firm Body Sculpt when Jen Carmen interchangeably says "down/up two" and "down/up twice.". They definitely don't mean the same thing!

She also says things like "Let's do those little squats again". What is a "little" squat?

And Ellen Barrett refers to the "pectorial" muscles. Every time I hear it, I just have to say "pectoral" to the TV.

And my pet peeve? Does anyone know that reps are parts of sets and that you're doing "four more reps" and not "four more sets?".

I can't even list all the cute, funny things I've heard Miranda say.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-20, 04:39 PM  
SEV

[QUOTE=Gams;2879341]“It’s like you are chopping vegetables to make a fruit salad.”[/QUOTE

I LOVE this one
SEV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-20, 08:14 PM  
Honeydew

"Getting down with the fanny lifter" is my favorite. Emily says that in one of the Firm workouts but I don't remember which one.
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-20, 10:04 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
I always get a kick out of Jessica Smith saying something like, "she [Beth] is the golden child" in the workout where Beth is stuck working out in a patch of sun outside with Jessica and her mom. Jessica and her mom are pretty much in the shade but poor Beth is right in the sun. I think it's workout 1 in the 21-day set. I call it the "golden child" workout.

Jessica says in either that or another workout that Beth is really "earning her keep today". I always think to myself, that's for sure. I jokingly refer to Beth as "the overachiever" when my mom and I are working out together. I love when Beth is in a workout, but I have to try hard not to compare myself to her because she is like the energizer bunny and manages to keep a smile on her face the whole time.

(I tagged this and some old threader threads that are in the same vein.)

Edited to add: Apparently Beth's last name is "Golden" (I never knew this): https://www.zumba.com/en-US/profile/beth-golden/21118
I didn't realize she owned a Zumba studio! Thanks for the link, I enjoyed watching her videos and looking at the pics. I noticed Jessica's mom Debbie in one of the pics, I guess she takes a class.

Tags
funny quotes, instructor quotes