Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-16, 10:13 PM  
lselbach
VF Supporter

Brooks and New Balance are the only ones that work for me.
Old 01-15-16, 01:10 PM  
poohpeggy

Thank You so much everyone. I will Google all the suggestions. My feet hurt so bad the other day during cardio, I haven't worked out since.
poohpeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-16, 11:02 AM  
poohpeggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
It took me months to find a neutral support shoe in a wider width, but I bought these in late November or early December and have been pretty pleased with them:

http://www.shoebuy.com/new-balance-w840v3-running-shoe/762727

Shoebuy.com offers free shipping and returns, like Zappos. They also usually have coupon codes available for 20% off.

Amazon has them too: New Balance W840v3 running shoes
Thank You for the links. I am so glad I am not alone. Its so discouraging. My shoes are 10 years old and I contacted Adidas and they don't make them anymore. Once I find a pair I am buying multiples.
Old 01-16-16, 11:09 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I need wide with a large toe box too.

The NB840 is a running shoe. It won't have support for the lateral moves in so many workouts. I know lots of VFers do indoor workouts with running shoes. I wouldn't. (Sorry, I used to work at a shoe store.)

There is a real dearth of good cross-training shoes in wide. The ones that are specifically designed for indoor training.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-16, 01:25 PM  
marki64

I have a wide foot too. I have found Under Armor runs wider and is pretty supportive. They are very cushiony. I use to by New Balance but have found that they aren't as cushiony as they used to be and not very supportive for lateral movements. I think mine are G-Force. Not sure right now.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-16, 05:41 PM  
poohpeggy

I will check those out also. Thank You!
Old 01-19-16, 05:57 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Altra is a running shoe brand with a wide toe box. Oddly enough, the shoes themselves run a bit small. I wear a 7 in most running shoes or cross trainers, and need a 7.5 in Altras. They are "zero drop," meaning the heel and toes are level, rather than the heels being elevated as in traditional shoes, so I'm not sure if they'll work for you, but they're worth a look. I have the Provision right now that I use for short runs.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-16, 04:22 PM  
poohpeggy

Well I don't know about zero drop. I've learned I have a 4 1/2" ball measurement. I learned (wet test) my left foot is flat and 9 1/2" and my right foot is normal and 10". I will goggle about the zero drop. I rummaged through all the shoes my girls left behind before they went to college and New Balance isn't wide enough and Brooks has an arch that hurts me. Nike, forget it. I appreciate everyone's help. I am doing serious research and all these recommendations are really helping.
Old 01-20-16, 08:35 PM  
lotusgirl

Saucony, Asics and Brooks for a wide toe box and a narrow heel. My next pair of running shoes will be Brooks after wearing Saucony for years, then Asics for years.
Old 01-22-16, 05:16 PM  
dbclark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
It took me months to find a neutral support shoe in a wider width, but I bought these in late November or early December and have been pretty pleased with them:

http://www.shoebuy.com/new-balance-w840v3-running-shoe/762727

Shoebuy.com offers free shipping and returns, like Zappos. They also usually have coupon codes available for 20% off.

Amazon has them too: New Balance W840v3 running shoes
I wear New Balance 609s D which is wide. It took me a minute to figure out what I need but now that I know, I won't order anything but them.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wide toe box, wide width shoes