Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-14, 09:08 AM  
pollytc

Yogalosophy Anyone?

Has anyone here done yogalosophy? What are your thoughts? I got this one a few months back and would like to try it. I'm a yoga novice.
Old 05-31-14, 10:20 AM  
donnamp

I have this one and did it once - I liked it, but I suffer from "too many workouts, too little time" and haven't gone back to do it again. I liked her somewhat non-traditional approach to yoga (I'm sure you've heard about her famous "mantra"). I think if you are a true beginner it may not be a perfect fit as, I recall there isn't a lot of instruction on the poses. If I'm recalling it correctly, I think it was somewhat challenging and may be good for a "strength" day - where you want to do something a little non-traditional. I also recall finding the beginning of the practice a little hard to follow.

I'm sorry I'm not more helpful, but I guess I just need to go and pull it out and try it again!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-14, 11:29 AM  
JENILU

I did it once, but she uses too many phrases that you get tired of (or atleast I would) after a couple times doing it. Silly things like she's trying to be really cool or something. Other than that, and if that doesn't bother you, it was a good practice. I can't remember if it would be ok for an absolute beginner or not as its been a while.

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-14, 04:40 PM  
Suzan66

It is more using yoga poses as toning moves... there is no real flow other than sun salutations in the beginning.
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-14, 09:35 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I bought it because the description said it used toning moves along with yoga. I like fusion workouts, but I have only did this one once. I just did not really care for it. Can't really say specifically why....

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-14, 07:20 AM  
hotncmom

I think it's fine for beginners if you have some exercise experience. It was a tad on the easy side. I find it hard to believe Jennifer Aniston got into the shape she's in doing this workout (Mandy Ingber is/was her trainer). I expect she does much more difficult workouts than this. I wish these celebrity trainers would show us the real deal workouts they do with clients vs. the watered down DVD versions.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-14, 08:33 PM  
lotusgirl

It's more like an exercise DVD with some yoga poses thrown in. She does pulses or "toners" as she calls them while in a yoga pose.

I like my exercise to be exercise and my yoga to be yoga.

The music and beach setting were nice. Mandy's fun.
Old 06-03-14, 08:35 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I had it awhile back; it wasn't bad, but not a keeper for me. You can read my full review under the reviews section.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yogalosophy