Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-21, 10:39 AM  
Erica H.

7 inches of snow here in NE Ohio! Glad it will melt soon.

Erica
Old 04-21-21, 01:35 PM  
kat999

Five inches of snow in SW Ohio, but six hours later it's almost all gone!
Old 04-21-21, 02:41 PM  
CabCalloway

My DW and I got both our Moderna shots. The 1st one gave us each a sore arm, quite mild. The 2nd shot put both of us on our ***. We needed to take a day from work, being too weak and achy to contemplate driving.
For the record I'm 61 and she's 63. Our son (~21) got his first Moderna shot last week and like us, he complained of a sore arm but nothing more. I hope he's spared the 2nd shot slam. He's just finishing up his community college work and will be transferring to UMBC in the fall (A Maryland state school, not too far away).

My wife has rebounded fully and has been biking up a storm and doing her usual Kathy Smith stuff. I've been slow to resume my normal workouts but that's more due to a different ailment that I will not get into here.

Good luck and good health to all
-CabC
Old 04-21-21, 04:01 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Louise, snow here in Rochester too...ahh, April in upstate NY! I hope you did go back to bed.
Yes, thanks! Two 1-hour naps
Old 04-21-21, 04:17 PM  
Lori_Michigan

This may be too TMI, but I literally started my period an hour before my 1st Pfizer shot. This period has been incredibly heavy! For the last year my periods have actually gotten shorter and lighter than they were at the start of perimenopause (now 3 years ago!). Generally only 3-4 days and really only one day of heavier flow. But I'm now on day 6 and it's just now wrapping up. I didn't have more cramps but it was just heavier and longer than normal.

I really didn't have many other side effects. A mild headache (but I always have a headache), tired the next day (I'm always tired anyway), and restless sleep (again, I don't sleep well anymore). My arm was sore for about 24 hours. I saw someone next to me in line who was moving her arm a lot right after the shot. I asked her about it and she said a nurse said to swing your arm a lot after and drink a lot of water. So I started swinging it while I was still in the observation area. I kept swinging it for the entire evening and next day.
Old 04-21-21, 04:45 PM  
hch
VF Supporter

I had my first dose of the Moderna vaccine several hours ago. So far I haven't noticed very much; sometimes there's a little local soreness that feels slightly like DOMS. I have been moving the area more than otherwise, thanks to this discussion, and I'm probably well-hydrated. (I historically haven't had significant problems with flu shots and the like.)

In the waiting area afterward, I happened to be sitting behind someone who wanted to talk to one of the workers about possible later problems. The worker mentioned the possibility of soreness in the evening as well as other things like fever, chills, and headaches. She also mentioned drinking liquids.

Later I intend to do something like submaximal cardio without anything too demanding with my arm, though if I do have physical problems, I'll happily rest. I also hope to write again soon about what I notice.
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
Old 04-22-21, 04:40 PM  
hch
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hch View Post
Later I intend to do something like submaximal cardio without anything too demanding with my arm, though if I do have physical problems, I'll happily rest. I also hope to write again soon about what I notice.
In the day since, I've been feeling some local soreness. It's probably enough to bother me psychologically if I were doing anything that involved my arms more, but I was able to do what I'd intended for exercise and other everyday things without much fuss.
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
Old 04-22-21, 05:25 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

FWIW, DH got his 2nd Moderna shot yesterday morning. He was feeling mostly okay yesterday, started feeling out of it last night. Today he slept in and generally is feeling out of it, running a mild fever, and he took a nap this afternoon. Otherwise, he is doing all of his (albeit non-strenuous) activities.

Also FWIW, we're both 52 (me for just a few more days ).

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
Old 04-23-21, 07:35 AM  
momofcha

Had my 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday. YMMV but I was told to take a Tylenol before I got it and then every 4-6 hours after. My arm was a little sore last night but i kept moving it. I feel absolutely fine this morning and just finished a barre 3 workout. I’m taking my last Tylenol in a few minutes. I’ve also been drinking more water than usual. I’m so happy I’m feeling okay. Good luck!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
Old 04-23-21, 07:52 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

DH is feeling better today after having his shot Wed morning. He refused to take any meds even though he seemed to be hit harder than I was. I took ibuprofen, and it helped with my mild fever/chills. I waited to take my first dose until before bed on the day I got the shot, as I read some things suggesting that you should not take an OTC pain relievers before the vaccine unless directed to do so by your doctor.

Here's a tip sheet from the CDC on what to expect/how to deal with side effects:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ect/after.html

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid vaccine, covid-19, vaccine, vaccine reactions, vaccines