Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-16-21, 06:32 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I think I may have started close to the the first Pilates Check-in here at VF back in June, 2002. I'm sure it's morphed into multiple names since then and may now be the "barefoot and on the mat" group, but who knows?

I know I've since gotten away from Pilates, but I do dabble from time to time! It's just been a really long time for me, so seems like when I start back I'm back at the beginning.

I tend to enjoy Pilates fusion more than the traditional classics, just because I like to mix things up. But, there's nothing better than getting the form down from a basic mat routine.

I've also had gadgets and miss my reformer so much. Have moved multiple times since 2002, so eventually donated my equipment before leaving AZ.

I'd pop back in, if I ever can pick Pilates back up again! But, it will be great to read everyone's posts!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 06:46 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi,

Today I did a mix of Physical Therapy type programs from Jessica Valent's site:

- Herniated Disc Routine (20 min)
- Sciatica Routine (10 min)
- Scoliosis Routine (20 min)

I really should make a point of doing one of her PT practices daily - my back gets so out of whack from sitting all day at my computer.

Buffmama - Jessica's workouts range from 10 min to 45+ min. They really vary. I'd say the average is 25-30 minutes. She releases a few new ones each month - maybe up to 4. She includes other workouts besides Pilates - she will do some traditional strength as well as Barre, yoga/fusion, and Physical Therapy. She started to host some guest instructors recently, too.

Her monthly calendar looks like this:

Monday - Steady State Cardio (on your own - no video)
Tuesday - Arms & More
Wed - HIIT & Abs
Thursday - Active Recovery
Friday - Lower Body & More
Saturday - Steady State Cardio
Sunday - Rest

I actually really like that structure - it kind of gets it all in w/out going overboard.

Donna
Donna,
Thanks so much for the information. The length of workouts sounds good but I primarily want full body workouts with some core and lower body stuff mixed in. Happily there is more than enough good stuff on youtube to keep me busy.
Old 04-16-21, 06:48 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
I think I may have started close to the the first Pilates Check-in here at VF back in June, 2002. I'm sure it's morphed into multiple names since then and may now be the "barefoot and on the mat" group, but who knows?

I know I've since gotten away from Pilates, but I do dabble from time to time! It's just been a really long time for me, so seems like when I start back I'm back at the beginning.

I tend to enjoy Pilates fusion more than the traditional classics, just because I like to mix things up. But, there's nothing better than getting the form down from a basic mat routine.

I've also had gadgets and miss my reformer so much. Have moved multiple times since 2002, so eventually donated my equipment before leaving AZ.

I'd pop back in, if I ever can pick Pilates back up again! But, it will be great to read everyone's posts!
We'd love to hear from you Pam. On something I'm a perpetual beginner! Happily I've done and learned enough to modify to the extent I think is best.
Old 04-16-21, 08:01 PM  
MathTeacher

I also subscribe to Jessica Valant. I love her Piriformis Exercise and stretches. It is the only thing that helps my wonky hip.

Today I did half of 30 days of light Cozy. I did not have an hour to do the thing, but I enjoyed the part that I did.

I am a perpetual restarter. LOL
Old 04-17-21, 07:38 AM  
buffmama

The Girl with the Pilates Mat 30 min Standing Pilates and Barre and 30 min Full Body Pilates and Stretch Intermediate level. Rachel had some exercises in both of these that she doesn't do every workout which I liked. Lots of leg work which I may regret tomorrow when I'm hitting them again. Also did Yoga with Bird Pilates Inner Thigh Workout which really got inner and outer thighs. Bird is doing/just got pilates certified. I like her yoga so tried this and would absolutely do more.
Old 04-17-21, 08:20 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

Today was a mix of:

Classical Stretch - Episode 1130

Jessica Valent - Pilates Challenge w/ Weights.

I definitely have room to grow w/ Jessica's.

Buffmama - I didn't know that Bird was getting certified in Pilates. I will have to check her channel out - I have enjoyed some of her yoga practices as well.

MathTeacher - I know what you mean about Jessica - some of her PT practices hit the spot for me like no other.

Moving Mango is also on my "to try" list. And Yoga & Pilates w/ Katja.

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 07:35 AM  
buffmama

Yoga with Bird 5 min Pilates Core and Trifecta Pilates Core Workout with a Small Ball 10 min. Both were good.

I definitely veer off the tracks more in short workouts to make sure I get in what I need and sometimes that means substituting even more when they get to the move I couldn't wait to do! I also see that I like to move at one speed and it's not that fast.
Old 04-18-21, 01:34 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I am restarting slowly. I have to be careful because of my back issues. For the last three weeks I've been doing a MWF Schedule.

M: Kathy Smith Pilates for Abs

W: Kathy Smith Pilates for the Lower Body

F: Jennifer Kries Method Precision Sculpting (which emphasizes the upper body Pilates style)
Old 04-19-21, 06:11 AM  
buffmama

Today was pilates mash up. Started with the Girl with the Pilates Mat 20 min Standing Pilates with Resistance Band. This got standing leg work with band arm work. Next was Move with Nicole 15 min Abs & Booty Band Workout. Tough stuff here, especially with a difficult to move band. Finished up with Jessica Valant 20 min Pilates Yoga Fusion. This one got my heart rate up and I really liked how she combined the two disciplines.
Old 04-19-21, 06:13 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

buffmama

I'm so impressed that you have managed to do Pilates every day for a year. Do you find the majority of your workouts on you tube?

I feel I need to rest day right now as I'm restarting, but that may change as time passes.