Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-19-20, 09:07 AM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
Out of curiosity I looked on Amazon and this dvd is going for $232.55!
I think it’s out of print. If you want the dvd, I found an ‘acceptable’ version for 5 bucks on thriftbooks, and I am sure it can be found cheaper elsewhere as well. $232 is CRAZY though!!

ETA: I also found it used for $7 on Amazon as well. It’s all seated and filmed on a rocky beach. I can do the whole thing with my eyes closed if I want.
Old 04-19-20, 10:48 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
I see there are 2 Jane Adams Gentle Yoga DVDs. One with 2 people on the cover doing tree pose; the other, one person in warrior.
I didn't know about the version with two people on the cover. It must be one of her older ones. The one I have is with Jane in front of a lake at the base of some snow covered mountains. The scenery in this dvd is just gorgeous.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-20, 11:47 AM  
BunnyHop

Is there more than one version of Rainbeau's Pure Tranquility?

I bought a copy of this years ago, and it's still available without an outrageous price.
Old 04-19-20, 12:11 PM  
ncl

I really like Travis Eliot Ultimate Yoga Yin Yoga. It is fantastic. He also has a 30 and 60 min yin yoga practice on his youtube channel, i believe.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-20, 12:23 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojill View Post
I think it’s out of print. If you want the dvd, I found an ‘acceptable’ version for 5 bucks on thriftbooks, and I am sure it can be found cheaper elsewhere as well. $232 is CRAZY though!!

ETA: I also found it used for $7 on Amazon as well. It’s all seated and filmed on a rocky beach. I can do the whole thing with my eyes closed if I want.
Oh, good. Although I may still go for the download....

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-20, 12:55 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

All great DVDs! I had forgotten about Pure Tranquillity. Years ago, when it was new, Natural Journeys sold the tie-dye tank top like Rainbeau wears in the workout. I bought it and still have it.

I want to alternate strength work with calming yoga. Inspired by Jessica Smith's new rotation calendar; except I don't enjoy her workouts.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-20, 01:37 PM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Is there more than one version of Rainbeau's Pure Tranquility?

I bought a copy of this years ago, and it's still available without an outrageous price.
That’s what I have and see the lower prices I found. I haven’t done this one in a while yet my stress is higher. I will pull it out and do it this week after work!
Old 04-19-20, 06:36 PM  
geojill

I just discovered my new favorite calming yoga. Eoin Finn just recently released on Vimeo Stay Om Yoga, a 47 minute yoga practice with bits of Tai Chi in it as well. It is pure MAGIC. The poses, the pace, the background, the music...I felt SOOO GOOOD both mentally and physically afterwards. He offered a sliding scale fee with discounts on his FB page for those affected by job loss.
Old 04-19-20, 06:54 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I was looking at prices for Pure Tranquility on ebay -- very reasonable. I rooted about on my shelves and discovered that I still have it, as well as Beginners. Haven't done either of them in years, but will do them soon. IIRC, the Beginners (both with the strange designation of Sacred Yoga Practice; strange b/c there's no woo-woo factor) is nearly identical to Pure Tranquility.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-20, 07:02 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojill View Post
I just discovered my new favorite calming yoga. Eoin Finn just recently released on Vimeo Stay Om Yoga, a 47 minute yoga practice with bits of Tai Chi in it as well. It is pure MAGIC. The poses, the pace, the background, the music...I felt SOOO GOOOD both mentally and physically afterwards. He offered a sliding scale fee with discounts on his FB page for those affected by job loss.
Is this power yoga, or more mellow? Thanks!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5 day fit yoga, alan finger, favorite yoga, gentle yoga, rainbeau mars, restorative yoga, rod stryker, stretching, yoga, yoga zone