Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-11, 03:27 PM  
Scbayless

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatmonger View Post
I've been fully committed to TA since January, and I love my legs now. They're like Scbayless' described: lean and chiseled. I've got definition between my quad and inner thigh; I especially love seeing this when I walk in shorts.

But there are 'ugly' phases to TA's Meta. There were times when I felt jiggly and soft, and it's funny that it doesn't get talked about more. But I really do think it's just a phase. The key is to just keep on trucking with TA, and see what happens.
Totally agreed. I was feeling like my arms weren't awesome, and now people comment on them all the time. They tell me my pecks and my arms are great, and ask what I do. They are pretty shocked when i say it's mainly from lifting three pounders, waving my arms around in weird fashion... oh and heaving around groceries and my 19lb daughter I'm finding it's really a processes, and things change in spurts (at least for me).
Old 09-22-11, 04:51 PM  
Buffgirl

Marika, my opinion of TA Meta is that they are toning exercises and she has some creative moves, but for advance people like us that is not enough, that is for the skinny girls that don't eat and just need some toning. If you do what she suggest which eat only enough to stay alive, do 60 minutes of cardio and do the toning exercises you would lose weight, but a lot of that is muscle. For me they are ab exercises to do in addition to whatever else I am doing. Is very hollywood, she has a good business going on!

I should disclose that all I have is absentric, she has some weird moves, I wouldn't want anyone to see me doing them. Her workouts do not burn a lot of calories, they are toning exercises, they will not build muscle, so if you stop working out with weights you will lose your muscle tone, and I don't like her dance workout, she can't even dance. I prefer to do some other cardio. I could not tell anyone to spend that kind of money, when they can buy Bob Haper's workouts which are very effective a great price.
Buffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-11, 05:51 PM  
MARIKA

Buufgirl- Thanks, Like I said before this is the only workout I have ever owned that I would be humiliated if anyone saw me doing it. She probably would suggest a 1000 calories a day intake.
Old 09-22-11, 07:16 PM  
momof10

Buffgirl - I totally agree with you. I have been doing meta for a little over 5 weeks now, as an add on. I still do Jari and Katami and Bob Harper and Tonique. TA has some really different and effective moves. I could never do that alone with her dance Cardio either. I eat super clean, but I want to keep my muscle tone.

There are many moves I do find embarrassing, if anyone were to see me. There are times I am laughing while I do them because they feel so bizarre. That being said, I do enjoy the work outs and find them addicting.

Cheryl
momof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-11, 11:30 PM  
sm4987

I'm glad I saw this. I noticed my thighs looking like they were getting cellulite. Now I know I'm doing something right. I'm on omni disc 1 part two, and I have only one day left. I haven't done her dance cardio but I do Zumba, walk/run with Leslie, and now the new Groove workouts. I am finding that my butt is already getting firmer, my thighs are not as jiggly and my arms are beginning to change for the better. My abs are seeing an improvement but I really can't wait to see more of a change.

It must all work different for everyone but I'm going to try and stick it out and pray for the best!
sm4987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 03:27 AM  
Cowgirl32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
I'm doing Omni, on Level 8 w/ a replacent disc of 5 which never worked on it's way after much frustration. Anyway I really love what this has done for my abs & arms however.... I think my lowerhalf is getting less firm than it was. I don't quite get it because it's not like she slacks on the floorwork. I know she says not to but I might try to trade for Glutecentric when I'm done.
Marika! I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one. My replacement disc for 5 didn't work either....
Old 09-23-11, 07:14 AM  
JP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffgirl View Post
Marika, my opinion of TA Meta is that they are toning exercises and she has some creative moves, but for advance people like us that is not enough, that is for the skinny girls that don't eat and just need some toning. If you do what she suggest which eat only enough to stay alive, do 60 minutes of cardio and do the toning exercises you would lose weight, but a lot of that is muscle. For me they are ab exercises to do in addition to whatever else I am doing. Is very hollywood, she has a good business going on!

I should disclose that all I have is absentric, she has some weird moves, I wouldn't want anyone to see me doing them. Her workouts do not burn a lot of calories, they are toning exercises, they will not build muscle, so if you stop working out with weights you will lose your muscle tone, and I don't like her dance workout, she can't even dance. I prefer to do some other cardio. I could not tell anyone to spend that kind of money, when they can buy Bob Haper's workouts which are very effective a great price.

Certainly you are entitled to your opinion of how you found TA's exercises, but to say that others who are achieving their desired results aren't advanced exercisers or just skinny girls who don't don't eat, seems rather insulting.

I'm not a huge TA fan, but she's certainly has proven her method works for enough VF members that I'm not going to jump on the "TA is a fraud bandwagon." So, you don't like it. It doesn't suit your needs. Don't negate the success other VFers have found w/ TA.

There are plenty of former fans of Cathe & heavy weight training who found TA gave them the results they wanted, results they didn't get from other instructors or methods. To each their own. Plenty of dvds to go around.

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 08:13 AM  
Stephanie_B

*Everytime* I have lost more than 10 pounds and after pregnancies my legs and fat look worse before they get better. EVERY TIME. Since I figured it out for my body early on (22 or 23 after No. 1 was born) I just go through it and drink plenty of water. I hate the look, but for me I know it goes away. This will vary of course due to genetics, skin turgor, and IMO food and water intake (and I do think smoking plays a roll but surely none of us smoke )

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 09:16 AM  
JessicaW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl32 View Post
Marika! I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one. My replacement disc for 5 didn't work either....
Just a tip: I have had a few TA discs with glitches...if by chance you have two dvd burners on your computer, simply copy the disc and it will be glitch-free! Works for me every time.
JessicaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 11:03 AM  
sweatmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP44 View Post
Certainly you are entitled to your opinion of how you found TA's exercises, but to say that others who are achieving their desired results aren't advanced exercisers or just skinny girls who don't don't eat, seems rather insulting.

I'm not a huge TA fan, but she's certainly has proven her method works for enough VF members that I'm not going to jump on the "TA is a fraud bandwagon." So, you don't like it. It doesn't suit your needs. Don't negate the success other VFers have found w/ TA.

There are plenty of former fans of Cathe & heavy weight training who found TA gave them the results they wanted, results they didn't get from other instructors or methods. To each their own. Plenty of dvds to go around.

Joan
Thank you, Thank You, Joan, for saying what I would have said but with far more grace.

Metamorphed with TA June 2011
sweatmonger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meta, metamorphosis, tracy anderson, tracy anderson meta, tracy anderson results