Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-09-11, 06:43 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

I fell off the wagon...but you can help...

A private message just jogged my memory that I've assigned myself the task of nagging all you lovely, fit ladies and gents about using the VF links when ordering from online merchants with whom VF has an agreement. Use the "Support VF" link from the toolbar when ordering online and VF gets a small cut of your purchase. Do your online shopping and support VF at the same time! How much easier could it be?
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11, 07:41 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

good reminder! thanks!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11, 09:30 AM  
navarrosarah

Gosh, I didn't even know about that, thanks for letting me know. I order a lot from amazon and occasionaly from ebay.

Sarah
Old 09-10-11, 09:54 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

I didn't know about this either, being relatively new to this forum. Which retailers support VF and is it obvious on the checkout? I can't recall noticing this when I've shopped before but I'm not always super observant. I usually order from collage or total fitness but also order from Cathe's website and occasionally amazon.
eyefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11, 10:06 AM  
smissy

Wow, I didn't know that...I looked around and found the "support VF" tab on top; I'm assuming that when I want to shop with one of those vendors listed I come here, click the link in the tab and it's as easy as that? I'm in
smissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11, 12:39 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by smissy View Post
Wow, I didn't know that...I looked around and found the "support VF" tab on top; I'm assuming that when I want to shop with one of those vendors listed I come here, click the link in the tab and it's as easy as that? I'm in
I shop at amazon all the time. I wish I had known about that sooner. I thought it was for VF subscriptions. I've stuck a post-it on my monitor to remind me.
Old 09-10-11, 01:28 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Thanks for the reminder... noticed a few of the links are no longer valid, though. (Still valid at Amazon, Collage, etc. but a few don't.)

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11, 01:52 PM  
Fidget Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by navarrosarah View Post
Gosh, I didn't even know about that, thanks for letting me know. I order a lot from amazon and occasionaly from ebay.

Sarah
Me, neither. Glad to know! Will do this from now on. All these years and never once have I done it.
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11, 01:52 PM  
Sophia

Is it only for purchases of fitness DVD's and/or fitness relates stuff, or does VF get a cut regardless of what we buy? I buy lots of music CD's and non fitness DVD's from Amazon. Also, is it only directly from Amazon or do purchases from 3rd party sellers count too?
Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11, 09:38 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I don't think it has to be a fitness related item when you go through the links to Amazon, One Hanes Place, Sierra Trading Post or any other links still working. I don't know if 3rd party sellers count.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, support vf