Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-05-11, 03:48 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
I have another question, do any of you TA fans feel that meta is lacking because the lack of standing worK?
Hmmm, lacking in what way? I guess I never thought it lacking for what it is.....
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-11, 04:40 PM  
kariev34

Lacking meaning in mat and pds she does both standing and on all fours so you get more variety and hit muscles in more angles. Since meta is only on all 4's, I would think that its not hitting things as well as mat?
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-11, 05:13 PM  
goldillocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
I have another question, do any of you TA fans feel that meta is lacking because the lack of standing worK?
I too wondered about the lack of standing work in Meta. Does Continuity programme include standing work ?
Maybe Tracy thought of Continuity as the next step progressing from mat leg work to include standing leg work ?
goldillocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-11, 07:43 PM  
PhyllisG

I don't think of it as lacking. I just wish there was some standing work so I could get off my hands and knees for a change. I think her Meta hits your lower body from about as many different angles as I could probably think of and more. I actually think it does a better job of it than her Mat workout. I found Meta definitely harder than Mat. I can pretty much breeze thru the Mat workout but Meta makes me sweat and sometimes even my heart rate goes up.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-11, 10:09 PM  
sweatmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I don't think of it as lacking. I just wish there was some standing work so I could get off my hands and knees for a change. I think her Meta hits your lower body from about as many different angles as I could probably think of and more. I actually think it does a better job of it than her Mat workout. I found Meta definitely harder than Mat. I can pretty much breeze thru the Mat workout but Meta makes me sweat and sometimes even my heart rate goes up.
+1

I did Mat today, and I breezed through it. barely broke a sweat. Meta on the other had often gives me a slight cardio effect. And the leg work is a lot harder on Meta than Mat, especially when you get to the higher levels. Abs and IMO arms too would be about equal in dificulty between Mat and Meta. I say equal for arms because I find my arms get a lot of work while on all fours.

Metamorphed with TA June 2011
sweatmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 12:09 PM  
MelissaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatmonger View Post
+1

I did Mat today, and I breezed through it. barely broke a sweat. Meta on the other had often gives me a slight cardio effect. And the leg work is a lot harder on Meta than Mat, especially when you get to the higher levels. Abs and IMO arms too would be about equal in dificulty between Mat and Meta. I say equal for arms because I find my arms get a lot of work while on all fours.
I totally agree with the cardio effect. I'm on hipcentric, level 9, & when Im finished with the workout, I'm breathing hard, heart is pumping hard & I'm soaked! That is one tough workout!!
MelissaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 04:36 PM  
mona

I broke in my Perfect Design Series last week and I'm loving that right now
Much more than Meta Hip, which I just dreaded for whatever reason. PDS goes slow and I like the overall vibe in that one. It's focus is lower body though, so it may not be as balanced as Mat.

"You have been fully equipped for the race God specifically made for you." --Joel Osteen
mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 06:47 AM  
kariev34

Thanks guys.

Mona: i have PDS but haven't even tried it once yet.

I also find that meta gets my breathing up and I didn't feel that with mat. I'm really trying to stick with meta for now.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tracy anderson, tracy anderson results