Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-11, 08:25 AM  
CarlaVeg

I did meta for 42-43 days.. I only lost 3.5 pounds.... My goal was 8-10 pounds by the end of the program. when I first started I didn't follow her diet... I lost 1 pound doing my own calorie restriction.... towards the end I did her plan for 2 weeks and lost 2.5 pounds..... so diet has a lot to do with it....

Right now I am just eating very clean (lots of fruits & veggies) and not exercising (still dealing with my TA injury) and I have lost more weight than when I was doing TA... so ladies we all know that diet plays a huge role in weight loss....

Good luck!!!

ETA: I really liked meta and I thought my body look much better while doing it... my hips looked smaller too!!

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 09:07 AM  
kariev34

Thanks Carla. Sorry about your injury. I know I could never do her diet so I often wonder how restricted ones diet must be while doing this program to see results.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 09:11 AM  
Cassy

I didn't have any results from TA. I've said on here a number of times about how I liked Mat but when I moved on to bootcamp then Meta I got hurt.

Not to discount anyone that got great results from TA at all. I see those ladies sticking to the program and working it. However to me (just my opinion of course) TA works for a certain body type. I guess most programs might be like that. Meaning if you are already in good shape it will make you tiny. But again I think that body type might respond to a lot of programs and diet plans. But I'm not sure how well it works for someone that needs to lose 25 or more lbs. I'd like to see a real TA story with that.

Just my opinion from what I saw when I did TA. I haven't researched her in a while.

I think her mat workout is good and different so don't slay me too bad.

Kariev23 - I agree with you. It's the restricted diet.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 09:30 AM  
Scbayless

Just saying I didn't do her diet, and think her diet is totally bunk. I also think you have to be patient with TA. Expecting the world to change in five days is a little silly. I think your body adjusts to it in spurts (at least mine did).
Old 07-15-11, 10:02 AM  
edensmom

I did Meta Hip for a couple weeks, quit for a couple weeks, then started up for a couple weeks and quit again. I was using her cardio every other day. Oh, and after I fell off the wagon the first time I was using her youtube stuff in an effort to bring myself back around. There were no discernable changes in my body. When I began TA I was eating VERY clean, NO beer/wine AT ALL bc I was headed off to Hawaii....I do enjoy the workouts but I just got BORED. BORED of the same workout for ten days!!! Bored of the no talking and being on all 4s for 20 mins straight. And the arm series' were a little frustrating and tough to follow. By the time I could follow it, it was almost time to move on! I would like to give it another go....just maybe not in bathing suit season.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 10:15 AM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbayless View Post
Just saying I didn't do her diet, and think her diet is totally bunk. I also think you have to be patient with TA. Expecting the world to change in five days is a little silly. I think your body adjusts to it in spurts (at least mine did).
Hi Sarah, I forget from our check-in, but don't you workout for like 2 hours everyday? Do you also do non meta stuff? I forget and I am sorry if I am confused I just remember been amazed by you (or the other person) who exercised for 2 hours most days.... I may be wrong though...

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 10:18 AM  
Honeydew

You know I did bootcamp(never made it to level3) and my upper body and abs were looking good. I mean how can you get arm/shoulder definition without using weights?? My shirts were fitting better, not so tight across the back, jeans and shorts were fitting better BUT I don't think my lower body was looking any better and I never got the lower body definition that most of the TA peeps were/are getting. so now that I am on the TA wagon again I am going to do a mix of TA with other dvds that I like to do...could just be that I need to mix it up for the lower body.
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 10:50 AM  
Jojo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
I often wonder how restricted ones diet must be while doing this program to see results.
I think that part is pretty important, especially if you don't have a really low body fat level to begin with. But I think she even advises those who don't feel like they have any weight to lose to stick with her diet for a while. Which kinda shows how important it is to really lean out in order to get teeny tiny and show off the muscle definition.
Jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 07:48 PM  
Cassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaVeg View Post
Hi Sarah, I forget from our check-in, but don't you workout for like 2 hours everyday? Do you also do non meta stuff? I forget and I am sorry if I am confused I just remember been amazed by you (or the other person) who exercised for 2 hours most days.... I may be wrong though...
Good point Carla I forgot about that. Some people I know where doing more than 1 meta program per day plus the cardio.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 09:42 PM  
rad

Three people who responded to this thread have been injured doing TA's w/o's - Mommyofjoeyp, CarlaVeg, Cassy. I can't think of any other instructor mentioned here where others have similarly mentioned injuries. I use the PP workout regularly and there is one exercise where she has you lifting and lowering your straight legs as high as possible and then down to the floor, without mentioning a modification of lowering your legs down only halfway, which is mind blowing as her form is outright dangerous. Any Pilates instructor worth her salt would include a modification of this movement. Then when I tried TA's Mat w/o once was struck by how she just stood in front of the camera and too frequently did not instruct at all. Then I read that in the Meta series she instructs even less. Frankly, I think fame got the better of her. It is downright cocky not to keep the focus on form, form, and more form. I took a couple of Pure Barre classes last week and specifically asked the instructor before class if she wouldn't mind watching my form and advising if it were correct or not because I recently had a lower back injury and she never came up to me once. I think instructors' heads are in the clouds too often and I lose a lot of respect for any fitness professional not mindful of form.
rad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tracy anderson, tracy anderson injuries, tracy anderson meta, tracy anderson method, tracy anderson results