Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-24-20, 11:21 AM  
Jo FitFan
VF Supporter

My (now) husband bought me a Reebok Step for a birthday present, and it included the VHS tape Step Reebok, the Video, starring Gin Miller ("up up, down down"). I did that tape countless times, found Gin's Reebok Power video in the store, and (in probably one of the earliest searches I ever did on the internet) searched for Gin Miller to try and find out more about her, and found VF! Huge kudos to my husband for buying me the name-brand step - I would never have spent that much on a step for myself, wouldn't have found Gin...the rest is happy vidiot history!

Aaron Lankford's Kickboxing video was also one of my first purchases after finding VF ("get the big guy, and his buddy behind him"); also Cathe's Power Max ("Power Power!")! I rotated between these and the Gin videos every day for (months? a year?) - was so happy with my collection. So much fun!
Jo FitFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-20, 12:31 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
I was one of several people that Wendy contacted from a newsgroup in January 1996 asking to write reviews for her new exercise video site. It was the first time I ever used this thing caled World Wide Web - I had to use this text-only program called Lynx or something, but I still thought it was really cool! And I remember when the first forum was more like a comment section, and going through various forum formats including a "secret" one. VF is now 24, wow!
That's cool! Thanks for sharing some history.
I'm really enjoying reading everyone's responses.
Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-20, 12:52 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolieikl View Post
I was Googling kickboxing workouts. I had just subscribed to “Taebo” Live monthly subscription and was trying to find other kickboxing workouts. It brought me to VF reviews for Aaron Langford’s kickboxing workout. That was in the 90’s.
My DH still does that video once in a while.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-20, 09:56 PM  
Chris T.
VF Supporter

Old Collage site forum!!

Way back in 1997, I was on Collage's site, they had a small forum then, and a poster mentioned Videofitness, so I came to VF and have been here for almost 23 years now! And I've expanded my fitness horizon so much in those 2+ decades! Love VF, forever!
Chris T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-20, 11:40 PM  
Leonana

I found VF through a mention at the Collage forum. I didn't discover home exercising until 2012, and had one Jillian Michael's dvd, 30 Day Shred. I decided to search for more workouts and found Collage. They were still sending out the catalog, but you ordered online. I did get a few catalogs right before they stopped sending them. I miss getting those catalogs in the mail!

I didn't start posting here regularly until Collage sold their business and the forum ended. Some of the posters migrated over here and I wanted to keep in touch with them. Mary of Total Fitness started a forum for the Collage posters, so I was posting on both forums at that point. Now I just post here.
Old 02-25-20, 09:06 AM  
BunnyHop

Honestly don't remember. Back in the nineties, wasn't all that brave about actually posting online, so it took me a while to work up the nerve to think of a username and sign on.

I'd moved in with my dad and was looking for ways to get fit at home in the bit of space I had available..
Old 02-25-20, 10:24 AM  
Harivelo

I read an article in a fitness magazine that cited VF as a great place to find help and information.
Harivelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 07:28 AM  
Rhonda

It has been so long I don't remember how I found the site. I know I was hear in the very beginning, 1990's sometime?

Started with the mail order FIRMs and it has just grown from there. Love this group of like minded men and women.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 10:13 AM  
Sollamyn

I'm another Collage pilgrim. I had been ordering from Collage for a few years and was pretty active on their forum. It was there that someone (several people, I think, actually) mentioned VF. Since I was looking for a broader base of info than what Collage's forum offered, I hopped on over. I was so amazed by the VF forum and bought way too many videos over the years because of VF (especially in the first 5 years or so of joining!). Good times!

Donna
Old 02-26-20, 10:55 AM  
violingal3

Somehow I found the old Firm Ya Yas and it led me to VF.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getting to know you, how did you find vf, vf history, vf love, video fitness, videofitness