Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-18-20, 06:36 PM  
alisoncooks

Well, part of me wonders if she's not up to "industry standard" after having the baby. I'm not judging if so -- I think it's ridiculous how quickly women are expected to bounce back after growing a human. But if she's not been filming since having the baby, maybe she's feeling the pressure (as a public fitness figure) to be back in shape.

Just speculation. She could just be busy with the holidays and now spending the time with baby.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 06:47 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Well, part of me wonders if she's not up to "industry standard" after having the baby. I'm not judging if so -- I think it's ridiculous how quickly women are expected to bounce back after growing a human. But if she's not been filming since having the baby, maybe she's feeling the pressure (as a public fitness figure) to be back in shape.

Just speculation. She could just be busy with the holidays and now spending the time with baby.
I hope this is not true, I honestly don’t care what she looks like, I enjoy her workouts. I hope she’s just enjoying being a mom.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 07:20 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
Jessica probably works more than an 8 hr work day. I don’t have kids and have spent 32+ years in a demanding job. I don’t know how my coworkers with kids do it!
I agree with that!
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 07:22 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Yep, it’s obvious you’ve never had one! I don’t know about the US, but here in Canada maternity leave for most women is a full year. And if Jessica wants more time, why shouldn’t she take it?
LOL I was just saying that there are women who work and have kids, I didn't say it was easy that is for sure. USA I think it's anywhere between 8 weeks to 12??? for maternity leave
Old 01-18-20, 07:25 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
LOL I was just saying that there are women who work and have kids, I didn't say it was easy that is for sure. USA I think it's anywhere between 8 weeks to 12??? for maternity leave
The US FMLA requires 12 weeks but that's unpaid, so many women take less. Obv some companies do offer paid maternity leave of various lengths.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 07:25 PM  
pgun3

Ok, LOL I wasn't trying to offend anyone with my comment. I guess I should keep my comments to my self.
Old 01-18-20, 07:28 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
The US FMLA requires 12 weeks but that's unpaid, so many women take less. Obv some companies do offer paid maternity leave of various lengths.
wow 12 weeks....my place of work only allows 8 weeks!
Old 01-18-20, 07:29 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I remember not showering for about two weeks when my son was a baby. He had colic and didn't sleep thru the night til he was 2. I worked out nearly every day for years before him, and then I didn't work out again til he was in kindergarten!

I went back to work after 6 weeks and I barely remember any of that first year!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 07:47 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post

Gosh I hope that’s not true! I hope it’s because she’s enjoying family time. Fit & healthy comes in many shapes & sizes!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 07:51 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
Ok, LOL I wasn't trying to offend anyone with my comment. I guess I should keep my comments to my self.
I wasn't offended. I was amused . Feel free to express yourself. It's just a fitness board, after all.

Where I work you can get six months time off. Of course, it's unpaid unless you have stacked up the sick leave.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith