Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-19, 03:28 PM  
Bearybuff

Online Ordering Caution

Hi,

I recently bought a trade her request directly from Cathe's website. Their website would not provide me with the info to retrieve my user name and password. So I placed an order and received a confirmation with a different email. My tradee however got TWO sets and I was charged twice--even though I never got the second confirmation. I explained the situation and they didn't care. Two orders within 7 minutes to the same person...??? You bought it you got it.
Their customer service sucks. They would not work with me on paying for the return.

I will NOT purchase from Cathe again.

Something similar happened with a toy website. I made a cart, but they didn't give me shipping and tax. I needed an exact figure for reimbursement, so I went through the process to get that figure--without completing the transaction. Their software completed the transaction anyway. I think that's what happened with Cathe. Thankfully, they sent me a shipping notice!!! So I cancelled right away.

So Beware! You may be responsible for buying something even if you never bought it or wanted to.
Bearybuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-19, 03:40 PM  
Gams

Wow - what poor customer service!

I placed a phone order with a company and was calling from someone else’s phone. When I got an e-mail confirmation it showed my friend’s name with my credit card number. When I called the company and asked them why my friend’s name was on the order at all, they said they had gotten it from my phone number. I asked why they didn’t verify the name with me because I was using someone else’s phone, but they didn’t seem to care and we had to redo the order.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-19, 04:47 PM  
horsemom2

I bought a streaming stick directly from ROKU before Black Friday and they messed up the order making it into 2 orders so I immediately tried to cancel by email and by phone before they were shipped and was told to just refuse the deliveries which I did thanks to our helpful mail carrier. Still waiting for refunds so started a credit card dispute.

Worse customer service I ever experienced!
Love the first ROKU Express I bought on amazon and should have stuck with amazon for a second one.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-19, 05:09 PM  
Bearybuff

Well, according to my credit card company, they couldn't ding StepNMotion because they showed proof of two orders. So don't hold your breath. I'm sorry.
Old 12-16-19, 05:40 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearybuff View Post
Well, according to my credit card company, they couldn't ding StepNMotion because they showed proof of two orders. So don't hold your breath. I'm sorry.
That really stinks! I am so sorry!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-19, 08:22 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
I believe my card (Amazon Chase) is refunding the two orders according to my latest balance.

Barb S
Old 12-17-19, 03:57 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
could you refuse the second one?

what about returning the second one if you can't refuse it?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-19, 08:35 AM  
Bearybuff

Both boxes were delivered directly to my tradee. Most mail is left at the door and people find their shipments when they get home. This happened about a month ago and I didn't hear back from the cc company so I called them yesterday to get this wrapped up.
Old 12-17-19, 08:59 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Both boxes were delivered directly to my tradee. Most mail is left at the door and people find their shipments when they get home. This happened about a month ago and I didn't hear back from the cc company so I called them yesterday to get this wrapped up.
Your trader wouldn’t return the extra shipment? Can you please PM me the tradee’s name so I can put them on my personal trading black list? I think you can also report the lack of contact to the trade moderators.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-19, 09:05 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
If the package is unopened, it can be brought to the post office and returned to sender for no charge. The law is on the buyer's side.

Barb S

Tags
bad customer service, cathe