Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-24-19, 09:11 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I've been super tired for a couple of days, so I haven't worked out. I'm planning to do a walk and a workout today. Yesterday, I went to massage therapy, then every grocery store in town looking for 2 things. I only found one of them - at the last store I went to. Every store was nuts, and traffic was terrible! I'm not going to any stores today.
I have to wrap the presents for DS and his girlfriend, who will be here tomorrow. Before I leave on Friday, I have to wrap the presents for DS, DIL, Piper and Lily. They aren't doing Christmas until the 28th, because they want DS to be there <3
Deb, we are going to see Star Wars today or tomorrow. Wow - you are lucky to be in the 60s!
Sissy, good job with your steps!
Leslie, I'm one of a great team that does the Christmas giving
Merry Christmas, ladies!
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-19, 09:47 AM  
Sissy B

Monday, 12/23 - 7419 steps/3.14 miles

DH & I did our grocery shopping on Sunday. It was awful! Yesterday we picked up our seafood and stopped by Winn Dixie to get some more milk. That actually wasn't too bad, but we went early. I made the West Indies Salad and Rockefeller sauce for today and DH will be doing a standing rib roast tomorrow for Christmas dinner. We're going to Christmas Eve Communion tonight, but other than that we're home for the holiday. We'll have Christmas again when DD gets home next week.

Deb - Thanks for your thoughts on the new Star Wars movie. I saw your DH's post on Facebook about being at the movies and was going to ask you how it was. I'm on a Disney College Program Parent page on FB and it's getting a lot of mixed reviews. DD is going to see it with a friend on Thursday, but she loves Star Wars. Honestly, like you, I'm kind of over it.

Chrys - Did you ever get to watch A Christmas Story?

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas Eve!
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-19, 09:12 AM  
dbclark44

Tuesday 12/24 5836/2.39; Park walk 25 min/1.22 miles

MERRY CHRISTMAS LADIES!!!

I made it to the park yesterday and it felt great but I didn't feel like walking. So I pushed through a lap and called it quits. Plan to go out today after I cook. I picked up a turkey breast yesterday that I'll have with some mashed potatoes, dressing, gravy, sweet potatoes, rolls and veggies. Figured I'd cook a Christmas meal since I didn't for Thanksgiving. We don't leave until Sunday so we still need to eat between now and then. I don't plan to cook anymore before we leave though. Leftovers will take us through Friday. We'll eat something Saturday, hit the road early early Sunday morning. Plan to start packing today. Have already put some things asif=de I want to take with us, so have actually already started some packing.

Enjoy the day ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-19, 12:34 PM  
Sissy B

Tuesday, 12/24 - 7665 steps/3.24 miles

Merry Christmas!!!

I woke up early this morning and DD FaceTimed me when she realized I was up. Once DH got up, she watched us open our gifts to each other. So in a way, we did get to spend Christmas morning with her. I've also talked to my dad and my BIL & SIL this morning. I watched the Disney Christmas Parade since we were there when they were filming it and now I have the 24 hours of A Christmas Story back on.

I got a Concept 2 rowing machine. I've wanted one for years so I'm really excited. I got DH a JoeTisserie for his Kamado Joe so he's thinking about trying it out today when he cooks the standing rib roast for Christmas Dinner. I'm going to make individual portions of Potatoes Au Gratin to serve with it.

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!
Old 12-28-19, 08:43 AM  
dbclark44

Wednesday 12/25 - 1879/.77
Thursday 12/26 - 9331/3.82; Park walk 58 min/3.01 miles
Friday 12/27 - 2797/1.14

Pitiful steps past few days. I plan to head out to the park in a few. It's pretty foggy out but in the 40s which is perfect for me.

Sissy, so sweet about the FT gathering with your DD. I turned my brother on to it after I visited him last August and he practically FTs me every day. Like I opened up a whole world for him. The rower sounds nice. Hope to hear some good workouts form you using it.

DH and I opted again this year not to exchange gifts because we're headed to FL. Last year we did the same when we spent a week there. This time it'll be 2 months there.

We were going to hit the road tomorrow, but decided to wait until Monday and let the rain storms move through so we weren't risking driving unnecessarily in rain. So I get another day to pack.

Have a great Saturday ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-19, 08:17 PM  
cdayley

Today was a 4 mile walk, pushing the 2 year old grandgirlie to the store in the stroller, and finishing by walking the granddog.
Sissy, the rower is an awesome gift!
Deb, my DH and I don't exchange gifts either. We buy one big thing each year and count it as our gifts for every occasion. Last year we had our driveway paved
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-19, 09:41 PM  
Sissy B

Wednesday, 12/25 - 4077 steps/1.73 miles
Thursday, 12/26 - 6076 steps/2.57 miles
Friday, 12/27 - 7227 steps/3.06 miles

Thursday DH & I took Belle & Thief to the vet for their wellness check/vaccinations. When we got home I painted the other 2 cabinet doors and drawers for the kitchen at the condo. I had more steps than recorded, I took my bath early and didn't put my Fitbit back on. Yesterday we went to the tax office to renew my car tag and pay our property taxes and went to Lowe's on our way home. Last night we unpacked my rower and put it together. We went to Costco today and got a foam mattress and pillows for our bed at the condo (it's going to be delivered next Saturday), went and had Chinese for lunch, and then went to Target to get a mattress protector and a comforter. We got home in time to watch the College Football playoff games.

Chrys - My SIL and I have to be careful what we tell our husbands we want because they were raised to keep their mom happy. If she wanted something, my FIL got it for her. When DH was a teenager she got a fur coat for Christmas. It was too hot to wear it so she turned the AC way down in the house so it would be cold enough for her to wear it and show it off to all the family that came over for Christmas, while they were all freezing. I didn't know him then, but I have heard that story numerous times. I specifically told him that I wasn't asking for it for Christmas, and I asked him to help me figure out how to get one after Christmas, meaning we would budget and save for it but I should have known better. It really is an awesome gift though and I do appreciate him getting it for me.

Deb - I don't blame you and your DH for delaying your trip for a day to allow the weather to clear. We've had to do that before.
Old 12-29-19, 11:10 AM  
Sissy B

Saturday, 12/28 - 7156 steps/3.03 miles
Old 12-31-19, 03:43 PM  
Sissy B

Sunday, 12/29 - 7126 steps/3.02 miles
Monday, 12/30 - 5755 steps/2.44 miles
Tuesday, 12/31 - 4976 steps/2.11 miles

Totals for December - 196,830 steps/83.29 miles
Monthly Average - 6349 steps/2.69 miles per day

I'm not going to do totals for the year since I didn't wear my Fitbit for several weeks after I broke a bone in my hand in May.
Old 01-01-20, 01:10 AM  
Sissy B

Happy New Year!!! 2020

I just started the new thread for January 2020 -

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...82#post2853782

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers